Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Bop) Harvey

+9
pulling69
aualum06
Dendrobates
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Bop) Harvey Empty (Bop) Harvey

Post by InTenSity Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:29 am

Disclaimer - I started a thread in tBin on accident, but I don't think there is really anyone to move it over here.
Even though I don't think anyone that posts here is from Texas, I thought I'd start a thread. This will be the first major hurricane to hit the US in 12 years. It is expected to drop upwards of 35 inches of rains on parts, with area's as far as Austin getting 20-24 inches (RIP OTPT). I've already read some comments from people staying in the area, who posted stuff on teh face chatterbox. One person said they are going to stay and pray all night, and god will protect them. Another just said its a good thing they are on higher ground, so the flooding won't affect them. Newsflash, the 125 mph winds get stronger at higher elevations. I've driven through 50mph winds and that was a little nervewracking, I'm not sure about being in a wooden framed house up against 125+ winds. Not only are those people putting themselves in danger, but they are putting others in danger as well. Apparently Texas doesn't have a mandatory evacuation, so theres that. Hope everyone makes it, but my guess is that the flash flooding is going to be pretty bad.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

(Bop) Harvey Empty Re: (Bop) Harvey

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:34 am

I don't think OTPT ever moved to Austin. He chickened out.

That said, good luck to anyone living in the path of Harvey. Heed the warnings and get the F out if so advised by officials.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:39 am

My buddy works in Corpus Christi, he hightailed it out of there last night. I think he's just driving up here until things settle down.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:42 am

I would be downgrading by moving to Austin. Austin may be a better city, but Texas has nothing on Colorado.

I hope my brothers flight doesn't get cancelled tonight intensity.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:45 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I would be downgrading by moving to Austin. Austin may be a better city, but Texas has nothing on Colorado.

Is he flying out of Austin? Hopefully you are correct, they are supposed to get a lot of rain there. What time is the flight, bands are already hitting the coast.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:47 am

Are your brother's knees as sexy as your sister's?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:52 am

InTenSity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I would be downgrading by moving to Austin. Austin may be a better city, but Texas has nothing on Colorado.

Is he flying out of Austin? Hopefully you are correct, they are supposed to get a lot of rain there. What time is the flight, bands are already hitting the coast.

5 or 6pm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:53 am

Rocinante wrote:Are your brother's knees as sexy as your sister's?

When you compare them to the most attractive woman in Wyoming, probably.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:56 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

(Bop) Harvey 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:14 pm

#savage
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Pics?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Just talked to a buddy of mine who's business is auto dealership insurance (like floor plans and stuff). He's got 60-some dealerships in Harvey's path. Didn't sound like he's going to be having much fun come Monday.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:23 pm

Harvey upgraded to category 4.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:43 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:Is it me or was there little to no advanced warning? Or maybe just not nationally - I feel like I just learned about the storm yesterday.

I don't know, I think I've been hearing about this since Monday.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:21 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:Is it me or was there little to no advanced warning? Or maybe just not nationally - I feel like I just learned about the storm yesterday.
It's up to you to pay attention. This had been on radar for 2 weeks. That being said it intensified very quickly after the Yucatan Peninsula. But you have to pay attention to shit outside your life to know what's going on.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:29 pm

InTenSity wrote:Disclaimer - I started a thread in tBin on accident, but I don't think there is really anyone to move it over here.
Even though I don't think anyone that posts here is from Texas, I thought I'd start a thread. This will be the first major hurricane to hit the US in 12 years. It is expected to drop upwards of 35 inches of rains on parts, with area's as far as Austin getting 20-24 inches (RIP OTPT). I've already read some comments from people staying in the area, who posted stuff on teh face chatterbox. One person said they are going to stay and pray all night, and god will protect them. Another just said its a good thing they are on higher ground, so the flooding won't affect them. Newsflash, the 125 mph winds get stronger at higher elevations. I've driven through 50mph winds and that was a little nervewracking, I'm not sure about being in a wooden framed house up against 125+ winds. Not only are those people putting themselves in danger, but they are putting others in danger as well. Apparently Texas doesn't have a mandatory evacuation, so theres that. Hope everyone makes it, but my guess is that the flash flooding is going to be pretty bad.
Do they just have wood framed houses along the Southern coast of Texas? I know that Florida's, and specifically Dade County's building codes are stronger than the rest of the nation, but SE Texas is in enough of a hurricane area where I would think they would build houses like the third little pig instead of the second.

Unless they have really stupid building codes, most people shouldn't evacuate.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:31 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Disclaimer - I started a thread in tBin on accident, but I don't think there is really anyone to move it over here.
Do they just have wood framed houses along the Southern coast of Texas? I know that Florida's, and specifically Dade County's building codes are stronger than the rest of the nation, but SE Texas is in enough of a hurricane area where I would think they would build houses like the third little pig instead of the second.

Unless they have really stupid building codes, most people shouldn't evacuate.
They live in Texas. They think they're invincible, I'm assuming.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Is this for real?

I'm reading that the news is telling people who are still there to write their name and SSN on their forearm so they can be identified?!
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:47 pm

Dendrobates wrote:Is this for real?

I'm reading that the news is telling people who are still there to write their name and SSN on their forearm so they can be identified?!

Yep, saw that on the news tonight. I think it was the mayor addressing those who choose to shelter in place.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:48 pm

That's heart wrenching on many different levels
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:49 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
It's up to you to pay attention. This had been on radar for 2 weeks. That being said it intensified very quickly after the Yucatan Peninsula. But you have to pay attention to shit outside your life to know what's going on.

Hahaha... well, we cut the cord so we no longer have live TV, which means no television news, which has been a huge blessing... but I read the NY Times, CNN, BBC, and The Guardian pretty much every day and only recall just recently seeing it online.
Oman, your cutting edge. There is absolutely no way to be informed after you cut the cord.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:52 pm

aualum06 wrote:

Yes it is. I don't recall anyone announcing that before. I hope it doesn't come down to that.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:55 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Yes it is. I don't recall anyone announcing that before. I hope it doesn't come down to that.
That's sop for the Cowboys that think they can withstand mother nature. This thing is supposed to stall until Sunday...
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:55 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Hahaha... well, we cut the cord so we no longer have live TV, which means no television news, which has been a huge blessing... but I read the NY Times, CNN, BBC, and The Guardian pretty much every day and only recall just recently seeing it online.

You don't know how an antenna works with a TV?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:16 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

So you're surprised that New York and UK media weren't reporting on something that may or may not impact Texas? Seriously, they aren't going to report on something like this until there's something to report on.

For the last week it has been a system that people were watching, but you don't know how/if it will develop. In the tropics, they report on the possibilities because people need to keep an eye on it. But when your audience is thousands of miles away, the media won't spend much time/space on it. And no one in hurricane areas get their tropical weather news from CNN or the N.Y. Times.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:23 am

I heard Chad Myers on CNN say yesterday that thing was nothing until 72 hours out. He said it looked like scrambled eggs with Tobasco on it, but then the computer models switched because the water temp was something like 86°f and suddenly it looked like the possibility of something with yuge potential for destruction.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:26 am

(Bop) Harvey 502811600 One mayor from one small town. There was an interview with a mayor from a different town and he very quickly pointed out he didn't say that.
Sure as hell sends a message, however indelicately.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:06 am

Not to sound selfish, I obviously first and foremost are concerned about the people down there. That said I have a flight tomorrow to the East Coast. I wonder if this thing is gonna wreak havoc on the flight grid.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:28 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Oman, your cutting edge. There is absolutely no way to be informed after you cut the cord.
Your responses to anything I post are so fucking hilarious. It's like you're seething LOL... we cut the cord with cable because we were paying for all these cable and movie channels and didn't use them much. During prime time my daughter would typically be watching movies on Amazon or YouTube kids videos - so why spend the extra $50 a month for a service that we weren't using? There are drawbacks like not having the news but it's actually been really peaceful in the house without cable news on and I just haven't purchased an antenna yet, which we plan to use at some point. As I mentioned, I didn't see much about the storm on the news sites I typically read. Is that good enough for you or do you want a more thorough explanation? Bro, get help - this is just the internet man.
I cut the cord too.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:04 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

(Bop) Harvey 502811600 One mayor from one small town. There was an interview with a mayor from a different town and he very quickly pointed out he didn't say that.
Sounds like the one mayor was just being a dick. I see politicians get really serious begging people in evacuation zones to leave. So it sounds like this guy was taking it too far, and basically saying that if you stay you'll die. Poor taste, and he seems to not have been handling the stress of the impending storm very well.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:08 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Sounds like the one mayor was just being a dick. I see politicians get really serious begging people in evacuation zones to leave. So it sounds like this guy was taking it too far, and basically saying that if you stay you'll die. Poor taste, and he seems to not have been handling the stress of the impending storm very well.

That could be, although Shep Smith tried the direct "If you stay you will die" approach a year or two ago. Maybe the mayor was just looking for an original way to get his constituents' attention but didn't want to be accused of stealing somebody else's material. (Bop) Harvey 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Seems like good people at TCU.

Chris Vannini‏Verified account @ChrisVannini 4m4 minutes ago
The Rice team has arrived in Dallas. Now taking buses to Fort Worth, where TCU has offered facility support. @TheAthleticCFB
(Bop) Harvey DIV1SaxVYAQe-cN
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:48 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

That could be, although Shep Smith tried the direct "If you stay you will die" approach a year or two ago. Maybe the mayor was just looking for an original way to get his constituents' attention but didn't want to be accused of stealing somebody else's material. (Bop) Harvey 502811600
Holy shit, I forgot that from ol' Shep last year, as Matthew was bearing down on Florida. I remember seeing that on Youtube after the fact, and thinking WTF is wrong with him? He used to be on the local stations in Miami, he knows better than that. The media made it sound like Florida was wiped off the map....ignoring the fact that South Florida barely even got a drop of rain.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:27 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Holy shit, I forgot that from ol' Shep last year, as Matthew was bearing down on Florida. I remember seeing that on Youtube after the fact, and thinking WTF is wrong with him? He used to be on the local stations in Miami, he knows better than that. The media made it sound like Florida was wiped off the map....ignoring the fact that South Florida barely even got a drop of rain.

Have you ever taken bath salts and engaged in cannibalism?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:12 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Have you ever taken bath salts and engaged in cannibalism?
Not today. Yet.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:50 am

Whenever you think this country is full of nothing but fucktards, take a couple of minutes and watch this.

https://twitter.com/Michaela/status/902335496516288512
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:29 am

Also, see what Kelvin Sampson did late yesterday. Take a look at his Twitter feed. The response has been amazing.

(Bop) Harvey Sampso10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:47 pm

The chemical plant fire burning now is redonkulous.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:24 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Also, see what Kelvin Sampson did late yesterday. Take a look at his Twitter feed. The response has been amazing.

(Bop) Harvey Sampso10

NCAA sucks so bad.

RED TAPE BLOCKS DONATIONS COLLECTED AT UH
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:45 am

Texas woman dies of flesh-eating bacteria caused by Hurricane Harvey

I can't imagine a worse way to go. Really.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next