Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put in Messiah!

+14
Tim Wakefield
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
tTy
Dr. Strangelove
GRR Spartan
DWags
Death Roe
Nordic
Clarett's Folly
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Put in Messiah! Empty Put in Messiah!

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-29, 13:09

Just reserving the space now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Put in Messiah! Empty Re: Put in Messiah!

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-29, 13:32

Goose hacked Turtleneck's account.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-08-29, 13:46

Who was the guy who declared himself "done" with MSU football after ND back in 2014? We need that guy to lose faith and jump ship again.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-08-29, 14:05

This is Terry's year
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-08-29, 14:32

Clarett's Folly wrote:Who was the guy who declared himself "done" with MSU football after ND back in 2014? We need that guy to lose faith and jump ship again.

locd32 I think? That was after the 2013 ND loss. What a great thread.

The best part was was that he doubled down on it afterwards, IIRC.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-29, 14:45

Death Roe wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:Who was the guy who declared himself "done" with MSU football after ND back in 2014? We need that guy to lose faith and jump ship again.

locd32 I think? That was after the 2013 ND loss. What a great thread.

The best part was was that he doubled down on it afterwards, IIRC.

Easy money says he changed his tune, then his screen name, and is still posting at TOB.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-08-29, 16:03

gHost Spartan wrote:I think that 810 guy on the cock said the DeWeaver probably wasn't going to see any playing time during his MSU career

He's sandwiched between Lewerke and Lombardi. He'll have to be great or one of those two will need to shit the bed.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-29, 16:17

Clarett's Folly wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:I think that 810 guy on the cock said the DeWeaver probably wasn't going to see any playing time during his MSU career

He's sandwiched between Lewerke and Lombardi. He'll have to be great or one of those two will need to shit the bed.

Safety.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-29, 16:18

Continuing the long tradition of some MSU fans insisting the QB with the visor and clipboard is the real deal and the coaching staff can't elevaluate talent.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-29, 16:28

^That's not exclusive to MSU fans.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-08-29, 16:29

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Safety.

Tight End.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-08-29, 18:00

DeMessiah truly is the Black Jesus
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-08-29, 19:39

Clarett's Folly wrote:
DWags wrote:

Safety.

Tight End.

Deal. But he's obviously got some athleticism. I just want to see him on the field. Kind of like the panthers 22 personnel or the Patriots 12. More receiving would be involved with Messiah, though I have no doubt you could teach him to block. But I've always loved the athletic package of two tight ends who can run and catch. Throw in blocking ability and it can really wow some people. We Messiah it would always have to be a throwing down IMO. I don't see him extending the offensive line and throwing big inside blocks. Not at his size yet. But I do see him stepping off and joining the opposit tight end for some shananigans in fucking up LB's and coverages. Slide LJ to his side for some pass pro and have fun with it.

Alas, I fear it will never be and we'll see a kid with great athleticism not hitting the field.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2017-08-30, 02:32

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Tight End.

Deal. But he's obviously got some athleticism. I just want to see him on the field. Kind of like the panthers 22 personnel or the Patriots 12. More receiving would be involved with Messiah, though I have no doubt you could teach him to block. But I've always loved the athletic package of two tight ends who can run and catch. Throw in blocking ability and it can really wow some people. We Messiah it would always have to be a throwing down IMO. I don't see him extending the offensive line and throwing big inside blocks. Not at his size yet. But I do see him stepping off and joining the opposit tight end for some shananigans in fucking up LB's and coverages. Slide LJ to his side for some pass pro and have fun with it.

Alas, I fear it will never be and we'll see a kid with great athleticism not hitting the field.

Meh, as long as we promote the ever lovin shit outta him like he's motherfuckin God's gift to foosball, he could still go in the first round of the draft to, like, the Browns or something without ever logging a single actual stat. Seen it happen before..... sayin.....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-30, 18:57

Nope

Put in Messiah! DSVSn4XXcAEwgKt
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-30, 18:59

Prolly a wise thing to do. 

Funny how our “highest ranking class ever zomg recruits” pretty much all left and we’re just fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-30, 19:11

Both good points. We still have some good guys from that class like Layne. Sucks that we'll be down to tow scholarship QBs, short of burning a RS, which would blow.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-30, 19:12

It’s fine. If lewerke and Rock both got hurt then were prolly fairly fucked regardless. You can only expect so much of a third stringer, even if it was deweaver. There’s a reason they are where they are
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-30, 19:18

Sort of related but who was that fucking goober teenager on rcmb that spazzed our about recruiting and labeled himself insider and had something to do with deweaver? 

Anyway he didn’t like it very much when I told him to fuck off with recruiting bullshit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-30, 19:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s fine. If lewerke and Rock both got hurt then were prolly fairly fucked regardless. You can only expect so much of a third stringer, even if it was deweaver. There’s a reason they are where they are

The writing was pretty much on the wall for this once we heard the good things about Rocky. IF disaster were to strike we have Day coming in plus the QB/RB from Muskegon. Keep in mind we have 2-3 others on the roster that were QBs in HS, we'd have to go to more of a running attack but they could do it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-30, 19:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Sort of related but who was that fucking goober teenager on rcmb that spazzed our about recruiting and labeled himself insider and had something to do with deweaver? 

Anyway he didn’t like it very much when I told him to fuck off with recruiting bullshit.

The guy that I took massive downvotes over there and some criticism here for calling him out? JWeibs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-30, 19:28

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Sort of related but who was that fucking goober teenager on rcmb that spazzed our about recruiting and labeled himself insider and had something to do with deweaver? 

The guy that I took massive downvotes over there and some criticism here for calling him out?  JWeibs.
Oh yeah. Sorry about the criticism that guy was a goober
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-30, 19:33

Scrap the program.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-30, 20:16

LooseGoose wrote:

The guy that I took massive downvotes over there and some criticism here for calling him out? JWeibs.

I was one who maybe didn't criticize you but suggested you back off. Yeah, he was a goober, but he was still only a kid. Something like sixteen or seventeen at the time. It still seems inappropriate to me for any adult to go after a kid barely out of junior high. It's different now that he's older and getting paid for his work.
Also, fuck Travis.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-30, 20:20

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

The guy that I took massive downvotes over there and some criticism here for calling him out?  JWeibs.

I was one who maybe didn't criticize you but suggested you back off. Yeah, he was a goober, but he was still only a kid. Something like sixteen or seventeen at the time. It still seems inappropriate to me for any adult to go after a kid barely out of junior high. It's different now that he's older and getting paid for his work.
Also, fuck Travis.

Not worth it to go check, but 98% of what I posted was mocking the worshipping asslickers over there.   For a while it devolved into a cult like thing.  As far as the kid it was mostly pointing out that he had a habit of posting "scoops" seconds or minutes after they appeared elsewhere.  I don't think he knew 1/2 of what he claimed he knew. Allen Trieu or someone would post a tidbit....and wahlah JWeibs would have something very close to it. I saw it because at the time I followed all of those guys.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-30, 20:25

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Also, fuck Travis.

Not worth it to go check, but 98% of what I posted was mocking the worshipping asslickers over there.   For a while it devolved into a cult like thing.  As far as the kid it was mostly pointing out that he had a habit of posting "scoops" seconds or minutes after they appeared elsewhere.  I don't think he knew 1/2 of what he claimed he knew. Allen Trieu or someone would post a tidbit....and wahlah JWeibs would have something very close to it. I saw it because at the time I followed all of those guys.

Technically, I think it's oila or voilà.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-30, 20:31

It was mostly the weird ass lickers
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-30, 20:34

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Not worth it to go check, but 98% of what I posted was mocking the worshipping asslickers over there.   For a while it devolved into a cult like thing.  As far as the kid it was mostly pointing out that he had a habit of posting "scoops" seconds or minutes after they appeared elsewhere.  I don't think he knew 1/2 of what he claimed he knew.  Allen Trieu or someone would post a tidbit....and wahlah JWeibs would have something very close to it.   I saw it because at the time I followed all of those guys.

Sorry Floyd....for some reason in my family it was said as "wah lah".....I guess that could have originated from viola....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-30, 20:37

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Sorry Floyd....for some reason in my family it was said as "wah lah".....I guess that could have originated from viola....

I never considered the up north dialect. pale
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-30, 20:59

My MIL, whose family is Italian, insists that log noodles are pronounced "muskacholee". I've given up trying to convince her and my wife how ridiculous this is.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-30, 21:01

That’s funny wbh because my Italian family pronounces it as more of a moosetacholi.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-30, 21:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That’s funny wbh because my Italian family pronounces it as more of a moosetacholi.

Yeah I mean I'm not Italian nor am I a linguist, let alone a cunning one, but that would seem to be more in line with what I would expect the actual pronunciation to be. Instead of turning a "t" into a "k" somehow.,
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-30, 21:13

Oh and #chitchat
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-30, 21:21

IF we're admitting linguistic things.....my mother's family...all farmers....were of the "warsh" variety.   They warsh clothes and go to Warshington, DC to see the sights. We've teased my mom about it for 50+ years and she's never changed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-30, 21:25

LooseGoose wrote:IF we're admitting linguistic things.....my mother's family...all farmers....were of the "warsh" variety.   They warsh clothes and go to Warshington, DC to see the sights. We've teased my mom about it for 50+ years and she's never changed.

My grandparents in NW Ohio (Findlay area) were warshers from way back. They also had a davenport.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-30, 21:25

I think warsh is hilarious. Do they also say "melk"? As in "raw melk is the devil"?

#more chit chat
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-30, 21:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That’s funny wbh because my Italian family pronounces it as more of a moosetacholi.

Yeah I mean I'm not Italian nor am I a linguist, let alone a cunning one, but that would seem to be more in line with what I would expect the actual pronunciation to be. Instead of turning a "t" into a "k" somehow.,
Actually now that I think about it it’s actually moosetachol
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-30, 21:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:IF we're admitting linguistic things.....my mother's family...all farmers....were of the "warsh" variety.   They warsh clothes and go to Warshington, DC to see the sights. We've teased my mom about it for 50+ years and she's never changed.

My grandparents in NW Ohio (Findlay area) were warshers from way back. They also had a davenport.

Yep, davenport was a thing with the grandparents. Many of the pictures I got this weekend were of various sets of relatives lined up on the davenport.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-30, 21:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Do they know Schilling, or do they live in Vegas time?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-30, 21:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think warsh is hilarious. Do they also say "melk"? As in "raw melk is the devil"?

#more chit chat

Nope. The grandparents milked cows for nearly 70 years, milk was cash for them. ;-).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next