Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Green Bay Packers suck

+33
Pervis Muldoon
gomersbro
Trapper Gus
Heat Miser
Spartytruth
Jake from State Farm
PennSpartan
Sparteepee
Motown Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
duffy munn
Cameron
Nordic
Death Roe
MSU addict
Senior Dickfist
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
MattyFresh
The Pantry
I.B. Fine
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Turtleneck
37 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Green Bay Packers suck - Page 14 Empty Re: The Green Bay Packers suck

Post by MSU addict 2021-05-01, 09:26

DWags, I am not a Packers hater, they are actually one of the teams I like.   I do find the question of "how did we get here" fascinating.   A year ago Rodgers was fully committed to the Packers signing a new contract.  He stated his intention to finish his career in Green Bay and that he intended to play into his 40's (he recently turned 37).   He is the reigning NFL MVP, a first ballot hall of famer and arguably the best QB in the game (for my money it is between him and Mahomes). 

And yet, here we are.

The obvious answer is that it went south when they traded up to draft Jordan Love.   I know you feel they were building for the future, but the reality is Love's rookie contract will run out the same year as Rodgers contract.   When is he expected to play?  That question may be rhetorical - personally I am not convinced Love will be a starting NFL QB. 

Players should never run the team, but when you have an player of Rodgers stature and experience a little common courtesy is expected.  I mean he is the guy who is actually calling most of your plays.  One of those common courtesies would be at least some input on your draft board. 

- Maybe a heads up if you are trading up in the first round for a QB.

- Maybe letting him know that you are inexplicably plan to kick field goal when it is 3rd and goal with two minutes left in the NFC championship game. 

If nothing else, the Packers seem to have a bit of a communication problem.

I do not expect that Rodgers will play for the Packers next year.  If the Packers refuse to trade him, I expect he will force their hand by filing his retirement papers. 

A year ago, Rodgers retiring this year was unthinkable.   But I do think Rodgers has begun to think seriously about his life after football. I think he began to think about that a year ago - when the Packers selected Jordan Love.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-01, 09:49

I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers will be fine either way. And so will the Packers. Sounds like both sides need to get over themselves.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-01, 09:54

MSU addict wrote:DWags, I am not a Packers hater, they are actually one of the teams I like.   I do find the question of "how did we get here" fascinating.   A year ago Rodgers was fully committed to the Packers signing a new contract.  He stated his intention to finish his career in Green Bay and that he intended to play into his 40's (he recently turned 37).   He is the reigning NFL MVP, a first ballot hall of famer and arguably the best QB in the game (for my money it is between him and Mahomes). 

And yet, here we are.

The obvious answer is that it went south when they traded up to draft Jordan Love.   I know you feel they were building for the future, but the reality is Love's rookie contract will run out the same year as Rodgers contract.   When is he expected to play?  That question may be rhetorical - personally I am not convinced Love will be a starting NFL QB. 

Players should never run the team, but when you have an player of Rodgers stature and experience a little common courtesy is expected.  I mean he is the guy who is actually calling most of your plays.  One of those common courtesies would be at least some input on your draft board. 

- Maybe letting him know that you are inexplicably plan to kick field goal when it is 3rd and goal with two minutes left in the NFC championship game. 

I do not expect that Rodgers will play for the Packers next year.  If the Packers refuse to trade him, I expect he will force their hand by filing his retirement papers. 

A year ago, Rodgers retiring this year was unthinkable.   But I do think Rodgers has begun to think seriously about his life after football. I think he began to think about that a year ago - when the Packers selected Jordan Love.

I am a huge packer fan (well as big of a fan as you can be for someone who might have the game on in the background on a Sunday) and I cant explain this enough. I really don’t care “how they got there”. It’s a eulogy being written by people guessing. The author loses credibility with me when he says they should have grabbed a corner in round one. Lol. Some weapon for Rodgers. He’s just sweeping up behind the mess. However the hell they got there it would probably be a good thing to be professional about it, understand that the worst thing that could happen for your organization is him retiring (lions fans have to understand that via Barry and Calvin vs Stanford) so do the right thing. Trade him. It helps him, it helps nfl fans who get to see his talent still and it helps the Packers.

Love is the guy. Packers are the packers move the hell on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-01, 13:08

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You are incredibly irrational.
You are an incredible snowflake

You lash out at everything. You're the most sensitive person on earth, and 50% of time you make no sense. You must be a joy to work with.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-05-01, 13:23

DWags wrote:
MSU addict wrote:DWags, I am not a Packers hater, they are actually one of the teams I like.   I do find the question of "how did we get here" fascinating.   A year ago Rodgers was fully committed to the Packers signing a new contract.  He stated his intention to finish his career in Green Bay and that he intended to play into his 40's (he recently turned 37).   He is the reigning NFL MVP, a first ballot hall of famer and arguably the best QB in the game (for my money it is between him and Mahomes). 

And yet, here we are.

I am a huge packer fan (well as big of a fan as you can be for someone who might have the game on in the background on a Sunday) and I cant explain this enough. I really don’t care “how they got there”. It’s a eulogy being written by people guessing. The author loses credibility with me when he says they should have grabbed a corner in round one. Lol. Some weapon for Rodgers. He’s just sweeping up behind the mess. However the hell they got there it would probably be a good thing to be professional about it, understand that the worst thing that could happen for your organization is him retiring (lions fans have to understand that via Barry and Calvin vs Stanford) so do the right thing. Trade him. It helps him, it helps nfl fans who get to see his talent still and it helps the Packers.

To say he's sweeping up behind the mess kind of ignores the fact that everyone knew their draft last year was a catastrophe as it was happening. Gutekunst and Murphy royally fucked up, and I don't blame Rodgers one bit for hating them. Kicking the FG didn't fucking help either.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-05-01, 13:40

[tw]1388548252409028611?s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-01, 13:57

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

To say he's sweeping up behind the mess kind of ignores the fact that everyone knew their draft last year was a catastrophe as it was happening. Gutekunst and Murphy royally fucked up, and I don't blame Rodgers one bit for hating them. Kicking the FG didn't fucking help either.

Again, screwing up in the draft but being in the conference finals at home. Ok, we have a different opinion. Now it’s all about a QBs who was the mvp that I guess didn’t have the autonomy to change a call at the line of scrimmage. The author wants everyone to know that the Packers reacting the conference finals with home field advantage screwed the draft up. But not like we all say, it’s because they needed depth at CB. Ok. I’ll agree. Now Rodgers wants the GM fires. Cool.

So whatever. Packers suck, just line the title says.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-05-01, 15:23

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:You are an incredible snowflake

You must be a joy to work with.
This is true. I don't fart around.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-01, 15:40

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You must be a joy to work with.
This is true. I don't fart around.

I think you probably fart a lot, Pantry.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-05-01, 15:47

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:This is true. I don't fart around.

I think you probably fart a lot, Pantry.
Just in your general direction.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-05-01, 19:05

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Again, screwing up in the draft but being in the conference finals at home. Ok, we have a different opinion. Now it’s all about a QBs who was the mvp that I guess didn’t have the autonomy to change a call at the line of scrimmage. The author wants everyone to know that the Packers reacting the conference finals with home field advantage screwed the draft up. But not like we all say, it’s because they needed depth at CB. Ok. I’ll agree. Now Rodgers wants the GM fires. Cool.

My understanding is that Lafleur let Rodgers call the 3rd down play, he just didn't tell Rodgers they were gonna kick the FG if they didn't get it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-05-05, 07:40

Terry Bradshaw says Aaron Rodgers is 'weak' for being upset with Packers
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-05, 07:52

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

My understanding is that Lafleur let Rodgers call the 3rd down play, he just didn't tell Rodgers they were gonna kick the FG if they didn't get it.

I heard Aaron Rodgers say that he called the play he did on 3rd because he was expecting to have another play of 4th down. Great coaching and leadership either way in a really important game...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-05, 08:48

Motown Spartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I heard Aaron Rodgers say that he called the play he did on 3rd because he was expecting to have another play of 4th down. Great coaching and leadership either way in a really important game...

I saw him throw and incompletion when he could have run it in on third down.

1-3 in conference championships. Wants the GM fired. Move on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-05-05, 09:11

Nordic wrote:The Green Bay Packers suck - Page 14 2943907172

The Green Bay Packers suck - Page 14 Screen44

Skeptical of that, although he has a blue check mark.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-05-05, 10:02

Nordic wrote:Terry Bradshaw says Aaron Rodgers is 'weak' for being upset with Packers
Terry being Terry.

I would agree that it is "weak" if he is worried about Love.  I am not exactly going out on limb by saying that Love will never be as good of a QB as Rodgers.  He is certainly not going to be as good of a QB at anytime in the next 3-4 years. 

So why the hell draft him?  It was just a stupid, stupid pick.  I respect teams that are building for future, but Green Bay was one of the 4 or 5 teams that are capable of winning a Super Bowl in last year.  The Packers had needs in the last draft and they trade up to take a Love?  Giving up their fourth round pick to do so?  Before the 2020 draft, most people thought the Packers need to draft someone for Rodgers to throw to (the CB thing seems like revisionist history, but they did not select a CB in the draft)  The sum receiving output of GB's 2020 draft picks last year - 2 receptions for 28 yards.

Terry also points out that he (nor anyone commenting) knows what was said between Rodgers and Green Bay.  What, if any promises were made to him.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-05-05, 10:05

DWags wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

The clock may have had something to do with that decision.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-05, 11:31

MSU addict wrote:
DWags wrote:

Did the clock stop when it shouldn't have?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-05, 11:37

Turtleneck wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

Did the clock stop when it shouldn't have?

He stopped the clock on the season. However, last time I checked click stops when you score a touchdown if he wanted to give Brady more time.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-05-05, 12:14

This Rodgers/Packers drama is the type of thing you’d expect from the Lions. Instead, they took care of their own QB matter before things festered. Totally serious in saying I’m shocked AF about both teams.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-05-05, 13:36

He should come to Denver.
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-05, 14:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:He should come to Denver.

Yeah, I cant figure out what on earth a guy like Rodgers would want to be in Green Bay for? He is about as “unGreen Bay” as you can be.

Denver, LA, Miami, NY, Chicago, Seattle. It’s more towards who he is at this point in his life. He’s rich he’s HOF, he’s won a Super Bowl. Why stay? I’ve said it before, he doesn’t hate losing as much as Brady does. He’s an unbelievable talent. No better arm ever in my life, but I don’t think he’s driven to win. Not at this point. I’d go for location or just say fuck it, I’m done.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-05, 14:26

tGreenWay wrote:This Rodgers/Packers drama is the type of thing you’d expect from the Lions. Instead, they took care of their own QB matter before things festered. Totally serious in saying I’m shocked AF about both teams.

I’m not as sure Love is going to be a dud. We’ll see. Get a season in, make his mistakes, learn the game. I think there are people on that staff that feel that way too. Certainly you’d want a Rodgers o er a Love next year but there’s more than one way to score points.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-05-05, 14:44

He looks just like a commie and he might just be a member.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-05, 14:44

tGreenWay wrote:

No, if you look like that you need to get out of Denver.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-05-05, 14:47

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

No, if you look like that you need to get out of Denver.

That’s why I stopped at the point in the song that I did. We can’t say Get out of Denver to someone who is in Green Bay.
Come on, DWags, think!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-05-05, 15:09

DWags wrote:

Yeah, I cant figure out what on earth a guy like Rodgers would want to be in Green Bay for? He is about as “unGreen Bay” as you can be.

Denver, LA, Miami, NY, Chicago, Seattle. It’s more towards who he is at this point in his life. He’s rich he’s HOF, he’s won a Super Bowl. Why stay? I’ve said it before, he doesn’t hate losing as much as Brady does. He’s an unbelievable talent. No better arm ever in my life, but I don’t think he’s driven to win. Not at this point. I’d go for location or just say fuck it, I’m done.

scratch He wears a tuque every where he goes and has a Grizzly Adam's beard. Oh and he's white. He's about as Green Bay as you can be.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Other Teams Pursuing That like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-05-05, 15:11

Motown Spartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I heard Rodgers called the play, but didn't know LaFluer was going to kick the FG on 4th down.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-05-05, 15:13

I feel like this is about the point in the thread where GRR chimes in with an oral soliloquy about Aaron Rodgers' childhood.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Other Teams Pursuing That, DWags, Turtleneck and MSU addict like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-05, 18:02

Nordic wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I heard Rodgers called the play, but didn't know LaFluer was going to kick the FG on 4th down.

1:20 in. Just FUCKING RUN THE BALL TO THE FLAG.    Bad decision by Rodgers on third compounded by lefleur taking a FG.  Dumb and Dumber.  They didn’t deserve to win that game but Rodgers defenders on third down are full of it too.  Had he started running toward the flag he pulls defenders away from his receivers.  LOS was the 6. He had four yards and an angle to run to freak out Tampa’s DB’s.  He screwed up.   Move on. Trade him.

https://youtu.be/bwtiC7YY0HQ
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-05-05, 18:29

I guess now we know Gutekunst's Swill handle...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-05-05, 19:33

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:

1:20 in. Just FUCKING RUN THE BALL TO THE FLAG.    Bad decision by Rodgers on third compounded by lefleur taking a FG.  Dumb and Dumber.  They didn’t deserve to win that game but Rodgers defenders on third down are full of it too.  Had he started running toward the flag he pulls defenders away from his receivers.  LOS was the 6. He had four yards and an angle to run to freak out Tampa’s DB’s.  He screwed up.   Move on. Trade him.

IMO, he would not have scored.

Go back and watch it again.  The line of scrimmage was at the 8 (not the 6) , as he was at the 10 when he threw, he was not going to draw away defenders allowing him to throw a completion (2 yards to run not 4).

I do agree that running toward the flag was a better option, he could have gone out of bounds around the two (stopping the clock) and depending on how well defenders reacted, possibly could have scored.  But us arm chair quarterbacks certainly know better than him.  And maybe, just maybe, a few more quality receiving options could have made a difference.

Care to defend going for 3?
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-05, 20:08

MSU addict wrote:
DWags wrote:

IMO, he would not have scored.

Go back and watch it again.  The line of scrimmage was at the 8 (not the 6) , as he was at the 10 when he threw, he was not going to draw away defenders allowing him to throw a completion (2 yards to run not 4).

I do agree that running toward the flag was a better option, he could have gone out of bounds around the two (stopping the clock) and depending on how well defenders reacted, possibly could have scored.  But us arm chair quarterbacks certainly know better than him.  And maybe, just maybe, a few more quality receiving options could have made a difference.

Care to defend going for 3?

Wait, he was going to run two yards straight up?  Or 20 yards at a three yard angle?   He wasn’t going north and south. He extends the play towards the sidelines all receivers and DB’s need to start making Choices.  (I’m not saying they score but I cant say they would t have. They still probably miss the two anyway)

Defend the three?   I addressed it.  Dumb threw the ball way too soon. Dumber sent the field goal unit in.  1-3 he wants the GM fired.  Good bye.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-06, 16:14

Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-05-08, 20:18

If Packers move on from Aaron Rodgers, is Jordan Love ready to step up?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-12, 19:36

Bortles to start peeing in Green Bay soon!

[tw]1392610313606897666?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-05-12, 20:22

Week 2 Monday night, im sure the Packers are bringing the refs again
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-12, 21:14

aualum06 wrote:Week 2 Monday night, im sure the Packers are bringing the refs again

Such a hater. You’re going to LOVE what the packers have cooking.

The Green Bay Packers suck - Page 14 81b02910

The Green Bay Packers suck - Page 14 Ac370210

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-05-12, 23:13

Chicks really dug Bortles & James in the 80s.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-12, 23:25

tGreenWay wrote:Chicks really dug Bortles & James in the 80s.

I hear in Russia they like piss too. Especially if it’s aimed at an American President
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next