Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not even angry

+12
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
Herbie Green
By-Tor
tGreenWay
SeeRockCity
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Not even angry Empty Not even angry

Post by DWags 2017-09-24, 00:56

Yes we lost because of dickheadedness and one of our most senior backs is continuing to lose his stock in the draft and 6 of the 9 penalties were dumbass but if you watched that game and came away really thinking it's gonna continue to be dark, we saw different. Things. It's a journey this year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Not even angry Empty Re: Not even angry

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-24, 01:13

We suck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-24, 01:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We suck

Overall, I think the board is performing at the same level it was back when it was launched.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-24, 01:44

Currently yes. But that wasn't my point.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-24, 01:47

DWags wrote:

Currently yes.  But that wasn't my point.

Hollis should build a dome on campus and introduce college football to the idea of playing inside.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-24, 01:52

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

Hollis should build a dome on campus and introduce college football to the idea of playing inside.

He's probably got the blue prints already. Remember when he invented basketball on a football field?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-24, 01:52

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

We all already live inside of a dome turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-24, 01:53

Note- I decided I'm a flat earther today. Fuck all y'all globies
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-24, 02:00

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

He's probably got the blue prints already. Remember when he invented basketball on a football field?

Basketball had never, not even one single time, been played in a football stadium prior to Hollis. I am not even sure basketball was played at all before Hollis.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-24, 08:01

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

Basketball had never, not even one single time, been played in a football stadium prior to Hollis. I am not even sure basketball was played at all before Hollis.

But moving a court 100 feet changed the game, they way it's played, viewed, and led to all of my problems in life. It's a fact. I'm sorry you can't admit that
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-24, 09:38

MSU has a young team that played like a young team.

That happens when starters are dismissed from the team, starters transfer and players with a 5 year of eligibility are told they can be grad transfers elsewhere.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-09-24, 11:13

Agree.  I was actually somewhat encouraged by the game last night.  I think having the first real competition being on national television under the lights against Notre Dame was really unfortunate.  The bye week placement (as it turns out) was horrific for this VERY young team

One more game against a better opponent might have made a huge difference.

Edited: because english

Last edited by SeeRockCity on 2017-09-24, 11:22; edited 1 time in total
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-24, 11:19

I really miss the post-loss meltdowns that always happen on TOB.

rolf
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2017-09-24, 11:31

SeeRockCity wrote:Agree.  I was actually somewhat encouraged by the game last night.  I think having the first real competition being on national television under the lights against Notre Dame was really unfortunate.  The bye week placement (as it turns out) was horrific for this VERY young team

. The bye week in week 3 is definitely not helpful. Watching the game now and I'm not nearly as discouraged as I was walking out of the stadium. We bounced back well after the horrific start. This game was much more even than the score indicated. We survived the pick 6 on that shitty designed play but it was the two fumbles that were the difference.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-09-24, 11:42

It already seems like a repeat of last season when Scott fumbled against Wisconsin and the team never recovered again to finish 3-9.  Except we actually beat ND last year.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-24, 11:48

By-Tor wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:Agree.  I was actually somewhat encouraged by the game last night.  I think having the first real competition being on national television under the lights against Notre Dame was really unfortunate.  The bye week placement (as it turns out) was horrific for this VERY young team

. The bye week in week 3 is definitely not helpful. Watching the game now and I'm not nearly as discouraged as I was walking out of the stadium. We bounced back well after the horrific start. This game was much more even than the score indicated. We survived the pick 6 on that shitty designed play but it was the two fumbles that were the difference.

There certainly are positives to be taken away from this game. If they don't clean up the negatives these positives won't matter. We all hope they can clean up the negatives but after getting kicked in the teeth for 7 straight weeks last year I imagine there are plenty of Spartans looking for cover or to lash out this morning.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-24, 11:51

GRR Spartan wrote:

MSU has a young team that played like a young team.

That happens when starters are dismissed from the team, starters transfer and players with a 5 year of eligibility are told they can be grad transfers elsewhere.

Yep, I agree. I see potential and some raw talent. Just young and dumb.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-24, 11:54

kingstonlake wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

But moving a court 100 feet changed the game, they way it's played, viewed, and led to all of my problems in life. It's a fact. I'm sorry you can't admit that

Anybody else notice Trump was not president before Hollis moved the court? Hollis engineered Trump's win.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-24, 11:55

What are the positives you guys saw?

Here's mine:

1) lewerke made some really good throws
2) ol gets a pretty good push - they look really improved
3) defensive line is getting a better pass rush
4) like our defense over all
5) our freshman fg kicker hit a 40 yrd attempt
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2017-09-24, 12:10

Trishton Jackson was a positive. He has good hands.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-24, 12:21

By-Tor wrote:Trishton Jackson was a positive. He has good hands.
Yup, couple of really nice grabs. And a pass completion, though it was negated by a hold.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-24, 12:31

tGreenWay wrote:I really miss the post-loss meltdowns that always happen on TOB.

rolf
Jesus, I went over there for a bit this morning, what a dumpster fire. Criticism of the team is fine, but some are just off the deep end, while others just give such a simple, reductive analysis, that it's mind numbing.

Not that any of it is new, but it's just so over the top. Its like in a larger crowd like that, people feel that they need to be the loudest and most hyperbolic that they can in order to stand out and get the attention that they crave.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-24, 12:38

Herbie Green wrote:It already seems like a repeat of last season when Scott fumbled against Wisconsin and the team never recovered again to finish 3-9.  Except we actually beat ND last year.
Well, last year ND was the exception to the rest of the season, so maybe it will be this year, as well...as long as we are drawing irrelevant comparisons and all.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-09-24, 13:52

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:It already seems like a repeat of last season when Scott fumbled against Wisconsin and the team never recovered again to finish 3-9.  Except we actually beat ND last year.
Well, last year ND was the exception to the rest of the season, so maybe it will be this year, as well...as long as we are drawing irrelevant comparisons and all.

I'm on board this train
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-09-24, 14:55

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Ctitical fumbles by the same player at a similar point in  the first big home game of the year.  Both fumbles were turning points of the game as MSU had momentum driving to get within a score and then got blown out after fumble disasters 

I would love to hear your idea of a "relevant comparison".  Lol
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-09-24, 14:59

Now whether this again serves as the turning point of the entire season remains to be seen.
In sports as it is in life it is not how many times you get knocked down but how many times you get back up to fight that reveal your true character.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-24, 16:00

Herbie Green wrote:Now whether this again serves as the turning point of the entire season remains to be seen.
In sports as it is in life it is not how many times you get knocked down but how many times you get back up to fight that reveal your true character.

As always, it's just a privilege to watch your
mind at work.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-24, 16:06

tGreenWay wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Now whether this again serves as the turning point of the entire season remains to be seen.

mind at work.

Not even angry 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-24, 16:08

Herbie Green wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Ctitical fumbles by the same player at a similar point in  the first big home game of the year.  Both fumbles were turning points of the game as MSU had momentum driving to get within a score and then got blown out after fumble disasters 

There is no relevant comparison. One moment that had little bearing on the final record last year has no bearing on a similar moment that will also have little bearing on the final record this year. LJ's fumble against Wisconsin did not make last year's seniors bad leaders, it did not make Malik an asshole, it did not make Reschke say racist things, etc., etc.

To suggest that the fumble yesterday signals a repeat of last year is overly simplistic and reductive.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-24, 16:13

tGreenWay wrote:

mind at work.

Not even angry 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-09-24, 16:32

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

There is no relevant comparison.  One moment that had little bearing on the final record last year has no bearing on a similar moment that will also have little bearing on the final record this year.  LJ's fumble against Wisconsin did not make last year's seniors bad leaders, it did not make Malik an asshole, it did not make Reschke say racist things, etc., etc.

To suggest that the fumble yesterday signals a repeat of last year is overly simplistic and reductive.  

Do you understand what a "turning point" is?  Perhaps a graph would be helpful
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-09-24, 17:02

I'm angry Wags
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-24, 17:31

Herbie Green wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
There is no relevant comparison.  One moment that had little bearing on the final record last year has no bearing on a similar moment that will also have little bearing on the final record this year.  LJ's fumble against Wisconsin did not make last year's seniors bad leaders, it did not make Malik an asshole, it did not make Reschke say racist things, etc., etc.

Do you understand what a "turning point" is?  Perhaps a graph would be helpful
I do, but I'm not sure that you do. In calling the Wisconsin fumble a turning point, you're making the leap of faith that despite a mere 2 FG and not much more than 100 yards of offense in the first half, that on our second play of the 2nd half we were about to score. Turning point? We'd have to have shown an abity to threaten to call that a turning point. Against ND, down 2 scores, you're assuming that coming within 1 score would have had us going on to victory. In other words, it's hard to call something a turning point when we had not shown anything to look like we could win the game prior to those points.

Either way, you're completely missing the point, that a turning point of a game does not mean turning point of a season. And what happens in one season is not relevant to what happens in the next, as real life does not work like that. Too many different variables.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-09-24, 17:49

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/football/2017/09/24/michigan-state-notre-dame-football-turning-point/697554001/

See first headline - "Turning Point"
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-09-24, 17:55

"Then came the moment that seemed to turn the season for both running back and team: Scott fumbled the ball in the air at the Badgers' 43-yard-line. Wisconsin's Leo Musso picked it up and ran 66 yards for a touchdown to kick off a 17-point Badgers run and a six-game losing streak.
Looking back, the fumble seems like a turning point to a season that's now turned sour,."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/11/lj_scott_has_turned_his_season.amp
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-24, 18:16

Herbie is very condescending.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-24, 18:38

Jesus, last year was a team whose fucking captain was drunk at practice during Michigan week. A Wisconsin fumble ruined that season? That's pure insanity.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-09-24, 19:04

Seriously, anyone who thinks we'd have had a good season last year if not for one fumble is completely ignoring all of what made the season bad.

Again, though, youre changing the subject. Let me reoeat....Either way, you're completely missing the point, that a turning point of a game does not mean turning point of a season. And what happens in one season is not relevant to what happens in the next, as real life does not work like that. Too many different variables.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-24, 19:59

DWags wrote:Jesus, last year was a team whose fucking captain was drunk at practice during Michigan week. A Wisconsin fumble ruined that season? That's pure insanity.

Riggins was a captain?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-24, 20:16

Death Roe wrote:Herbie is very condescending.

He also seems incapable of original thought, which explains why he thinks if a sportswriter publishes something, it must be true.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next