Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College Football Playoff sleeper team? Herbie* says...

+10
Nordic
SawGreen
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
14 posters

Go down

College Football Playoff sleeper team?  Herbie* says... Empty College Football Playoff sleeper team? Herbie* says...

Post by NigelUno Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 20:55

College Football Playoff sleeper team?  Herbie* says... WHcVCeUTImWawAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

*Kirk Herbstreit
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

College Football Playoff sleeper team?  Herbie* says... Empty Re: College Football Playoff sleeper team? Herbie* says...

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 20:58

Wut College Football Playoff sleeper team?  Herbie* says... 1431518612
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

College Football Playoff sleeper team?  Herbie* says... Empty Re: College Football Playoff sleeper team? Herbie* says...

Post by Death Roe Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 20:59

Nope. As much as I love this team, I'm seeing 9-3 right now.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:03

Herbie says a lot of stuff, Nigel. Blanch probably got him to say it, Nigel. Herbie has a backchannel to Blanch out of Bob's basement, Nigel.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:09

gHost Spartan wrote: anything can happen....

you don't say...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:09

gHost Spartan wrote:I said in the beginning of the season that we'd win at least 1 of the 3 big games: UM, PSU, OSU - we've won our first big test. At this point, anything can happen....

The fact that we won the first of those is huge, but with a young team the margin for error to basically run the table is thinner than razor thin,

Flipping the 3-9 to 9-3 would have me doing cartwheels. No easy feat for a dude my age.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:13

Irrational exuberance spreads..............

Freep Sports‏Verified account @freepsports 2h2 hours ago
More
As we look ahead to the rest of @MSU_Football's season, @shawnwindsor wonders if they can really win the Big Ten.

Can Michigan State football win the Big Ten championship?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:21

Not this year.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:Wut College Football Playoff sleeper team?  Herbie* says... 1431518612

I think they were talking about some 1 loss teams that still had a shot. I know they mentioned Ohio State. I'm guessing they mentioned Michigan, and if so...you gotta throw our name in there at this early speculative stage of the process. So, kudos to Herbie.*

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:22

Turtleneck wrote:Herbie says a lot of stuff, Nigel. Blanch probably got him to say it, Nigel. Herbie has a backchannel to Blanch out of Bob's basement, Nigel.

Herbie*

Not that idiot Chicken Little Herbie that hangs out here.

If you recall, CL Herbie didn't think we'd make it a few years ago if we went undefeated. I think there was a bet or something.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:24

LooseGoose wrote:Irrational exuberance spreads..............

Freep Sports‏Verified account @freepsports 2h2 hours ago
More
As we look ahead to the rest of @MSU_Football's season, @shawnwindsor wonders if they can really win the Big Ten.

Can Michigan State football win the Big Ten championship?

College Football Playoff sleeper team?  Herbie* says... Tumblr_n7qsedBBbc1qlxnhco2_250
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:27

I’m with ghost, anything can happen.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m with ghost, anything can happen.

Wow. What a brilliant data-driven analysis.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:37

Tell us more about your adventures with gHost.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:38

LooseGoose wrote:

College Football Playoff sleeper team?  Herbie* says... 502811600

Yes, please tell us more. Inquiring minds want to know.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 22:14

If you guys recall, I calmly and rationally reminded all of you that all of our goals were still on the table after the ND game. Herbstreit is a smart guy. I'm not surprised that he agrees with my take.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 22:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If you guys recall, I calmly and rationally reminded all of you that all of our goals were still on the table after the ND game. Herbstreit is a smart guy. I'm not surprised that he agrees with my take.

15-0 is off the table.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 22:20

LooseGoose wrote:

We rode over a rock in his Jeep once.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 22:20

NigelUno wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If you guys recall, I calmly and rationally reminded all of you that all of our goals were still on the table after the ND game. Herbstreit is a smart guy. I'm not surprised that he agrees with my take.

15-0 is off the table.

He’s a sunshine blowar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 23:20

15-0 was never a goal. Hell I don't think making the playoff or winning a Natty were a goal, either. But as I very wisely reminded all of you panic stricken fools, both of those were and are still on the table, even after losing to ND.

We run the table, we make the playoff. We then skullfuck Clemson and Bama and the world is our oyster.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 23:57

Gonna have to beat OSU on the road, PSU, and probably whisky while not slipping up against anyone else. Why not?!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 0:02

I would put the odds of us beating OSU at roughly 70%. We always play them tough and they never take us very seriously. PSU is much tougher. They are more balanced offensively and even though the game is at home, I'd peg that one at more like 55/45.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 0:13

Gotta get a rushing game going... and keep Lewerke healthy.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 0:34

WBH is bringing Elite level posts (and apparently Elite level drinking)

College Football Playoff sleeper team?  Herbie* says... 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 0:36

Lewerke is the fucking truth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 0:49

Nordic wrote:WBH is bringing Elite level posts (and apparently Elite level drinking)

College Football Playoff sleeper team?  Herbie* says... 3493939353

I'm just laying my ass on the line for my school Nordy.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 0:59

truth

Paul Pierce is the truth, OTPT.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 1:26

Turtleneck wrote:
truth

Paul Pierce is the truth, OTPT.

Your NBA knowledge is on another level.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 5:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I would put the odds of us beating OSU at roughly 70%. We always play them tough and they never take us very seriously. PSU is much tougher. They are more balanced offensively and even though the game is at home, I'd peg that one at more like 55/45.

Actually, imo, we have a better chance vs PSU than with OSU. PSU has a 3 game stretch playing umaa at home, followed by OSU on the road, THEN playing us at home. I'd agree with you if we played them first, but I don't care what college team you're talking about, it's hard to get up to max effort 3 regular season games in a row.

Having said that, I don't think we're quite ready for prime time yet. We can't look ahead, so tswill better not speculate what's going to happen. It's all on us.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 5:26

Frank Ricard wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I would put the odds of us beating OSU at roughly 70%. We always play them tough and they never take us very seriously. PSU is much tougher. They are more balanced offensively and even though the game is at home, I'd peg that one at more like 55/45.

Actually, imo, we have a better chance vs PSU than with OSU. PSU has a 3 game stretch playing umaa at home, followed by OSU on the road, THEN playing us at home. I'd agree with you if we played them first, but I don't care what college team you're talking about, it's hard to get up to max effort 3 regular season games in a row.

Having said that, I don't think we're quite ready for prime time yet. We can't look ahead, so tswill better not speculate what's going to happen. It's all on us.

Quietly hoping we do well against PSU. OSU will be ready for us, but none of that matters if we lay an egg this weekend.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 5:31

DWags wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:

Quietly hoping we do well against PSU. OSU will be ready for us, but none of that matters if we lay an egg this weekend.

Dude, with posts like this you know damn well there's a hat with your name on it in the future. Anything can happen.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 9:57

DWags wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:

Yeah, OSU will be ready. No one has beat them more in the Urban era. Shit we almost won last year with an all-time bad team.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 10:35

I think we will know a lot more at the end of the season.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 10:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think we will know a lot more at the end of the season.

And people say there is no wisdom among Millennials.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 12:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:I said in the beginning of the season that we'd win at least 1 of the 3 big games: UM, PSU, OSU - we've won our first big test. At this point, anything can happen....

The fact that we won the first of those is huge, but with a young team the margin for error to basically run the table is thinner than razor thin,

Flipping the 3-9 to 9-3 would have me doing cartwheels. No easy feat for a dude my age.

This. 9-3 would be mind-bottling. CFP? Not yet.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 12:07

AP: Stakes suddenly higher now for No. 21 Michigan State

Errybody jumpin on the bandwagon.

For the first time in 2017, the Spartans are dealing with some legitimate expectations. Saturday night's 14-10 win at Michigan vaulted Michigan State into the Top 25, and the No. 21 Spartans have taken a big step toward putting last year's 3-9 showing behind them. The question now is what they can accomplish this season. A bowl bid certainly seems likely, but perhaps this team is capable of more.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 12:20

Floyd Robertson wrote:AP: Stakes suddenly higher now for No. 21 Michigan State

Errybody jumpin on the bandwagon.

For the first time in 2017, the Spartans are dealing with some legitimate expectations. Saturday night's 14-10 win at Michigan vaulted Michigan State into the Top 25, and the No. 21 Spartans have taken a big step toward putting last year's 3-9 showing behind them. The question now is what they can accomplish this season. A bowl bid certainly seems likely, but perhaps this team is capable of more.
it's heartwarming to know that this person seems to think that a bowl bid is likely.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down