Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water pressure at my moms house question.

+2
y2kMgrad
DWags
6 posters

Go down

Water pressure at my moms house question.  Empty Water pressure at my moms house question.

Post by DWags 2017-10-16, 18:38

My moms house is a pre WWII house remodeled but structure was built 70 plus years ago. We've put the new roofs on upgraded furnace all the normal shit. It's in an old neighborhood in Manistee.

So I drive up Sunday to put storm windows on get her shopping done all the shit you have to do for an 80 year old living by herself. I go to take a shower after and no water pressure. It's trickling. She then tells me since a while back if she flushed the toilet the kitchen sink water takes about five minutes to start running decent as the bowl is filling up.

So, what am I looking at. I'm calling a plumber tomorrow but I always like to know what I'm talking about in a meek kind of way. Any idea?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Water pressure at my moms house question.  Empty Re: Water pressure at my moms house question.

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-10-16, 18:41

Is it well or city water?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Water pressure at my moms house question.  Empty Re: Water pressure at my moms house question.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-16, 18:42

City water or well?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-16, 18:45

Floyd Robertson wrote:City water or well?

City
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-16, 18:50

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:City water or well?

City

Ok so how is neighbors pressure?

I'll guess tree roots clogging the delivery pipe.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-10-16, 18:50

Galvanized water lines? (not copper) typical in a house that age, they rust on the inside, slowly reducing the diameter. Reducing the size of the stream.

Kind of like my prostate is doing to my urethra. Shocked
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-16, 19:01

Thanks. I'm hoping IB is correct. Sounds cheaper than Floyd. Digging up a yard too. What a mess.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-16, 19:04

DWags wrote:Thanks. I'm hoping IB is correct. Sounds cheaper than Floyd. Digging up a yard too. What a mess.

I'm thinking IB has it. Can you follow the lines and see if the pressure is better closer to where the supply enters the house?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-16, 19:07

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Thanks. I'm hoping IB is correct. Sounds cheaper than Floyd. Digging up a yard too. What a mess.

It is better. Way worse upstairs.
I'm thinking IB has it. Can you follow the lines and see if the pressure is better closer to where the supply enters the house?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-16, 19:08

Check the pressure gauge for the water inlet should be at least 40psi
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-10-16, 19:19

You'll want to replace the main lines in the basement and branch lines you can get to. Ask about using PEX lines instead of copper. If you can save some money, go with PEX
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-16, 19:40

Thanks everyone.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-10-16, 19:59

That old guessing the supply lines are cast iron and rust is closing them. Going to cost some bucks to replace.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-10-16, 20:37

The Pantry wrote:That old guessing the supply lines are cast iron and rust is closing them. Going to cost some bucks to replace.
But the enjoyment DWags will get from the bidet afterwards will be well worth it
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down