Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Thread. MSU vs. purple uniformed assholes

+17
MiamiSpartan
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Death Roe
Travis of the Cosmos
aualum06
Nordic
The Pantry
MattyFresh
NigelUno
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
21 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Game Thread. MSU vs. purple uniformed assholes - Page 10 Empty Re: Game Thread. MSU vs. purple uniformed assholes

Post by aualum06 Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:19 pm

NW is a national contender according to these announcers
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Game Thread. MSU vs. purple uniformed assholes - Page 10 Empty Re: Game Thread. MSU vs. purple uniformed assholes

Post by tGreenWay Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:19 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Bryan, that wasn't 4th down. Live to play another down.

Edit: Don't mean to bag on him. He's a gamer and tried to make something happen. He was outstanding down the stretch.

I get it. Seemed to lose situational awareness in the rush to pick up the ball. This loss really sucks, but he and the whole damn team is young. They're growing every game and there's bound to be growing pains along the way.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:21 pm

My dog just farted three times. Loud. Pfffffttttt!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:21 pm

More upset with defense from start to finish than what happened on the final play. This team stated 6-1 and is looking at 6-4 with this loss.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:23 pm

Turtleneck wrote:More upset with defense from start to finish than what happened on the final play. This team stated 6-1 and is looking at 6-4 with this loss.

We win next Saturday.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:23 pm

Turtleneck wrote:More upset with defense from start to finish than what happened on the final play. This team stated 6-1 and is looking at 6-4 with this loss.

When did Frey start sucking at pass coverage?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:24 pm

Young team does young team shit. At the start of the season I predicted 7-5 and still could see us ending up 8-4. Moving on...
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:26 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:Young team does young team shit. At the start of the season I predicted 7-5 and still could see us ending up 8-4. Moving on...

Yep. Plus, it seems like we have a bipolar personality vs. NW. They can beat us even when they shouldn't. Same with basketball over the years. Or I'm hallucinating on Elmer's.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:29 pm

DWags wrote:

We win next Saturday.

I'm not counting on it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:29 pm

I don't want to watch no more football today.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:30 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Sophomore year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't want to watch no more football today.

Yeah, I’m done.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Quit being a pussy. After the ND loss, what would you have put our chances of winning the following 2 games?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Fuck off. The defense did not play well today. I think you said as much in an earlier post as well.

I also think there is a chance this team drops their next two games. That is not exactly a "sky is falling" observation given the opponents are PSU and OSU.[/quote]

Last edited by Turtleneck on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:38 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:Young team does young team shit. At the start of the season I predicted 7-5 and still could see us ending up 8-4. Moving on...

Yep. Plus, it seems like we have a bipolar personality vs. NW. They can beat us even when they shouldn't. Same with basketball over the years. Or I'm hallucinating on Elmer's.

They're like an inverse of Michigan. We remember them being bad but forget that they're good now.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:53 pm

[quote="Turtleneck"]
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Fuck off. The defense did not play well today. I think you said as much in an earlier post as well.

I also think there is a chance this team drops their next two games. That is not exactly a "sky is falling" observation given the opponents are PSU and OSU.
Of course there's a chance we lose the next two. I'm just saying that we thought the same thing after ND, and while this is a bigger challenge, the team has been surprising us all year.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

I also think there is a chance this team drops their next two games. That is not exactly a "sky is falling" observation given the opponents are PSU and OSU.
[/quote]

I'm guessing that NW owns the best, or at least on par head to head record against Dantonio as anyone in the B1G... if this is accurate, then it's on the coaches. NW has a formula on both sides of the ball that MSU can't seem to crack.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:42 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Sophomore year.

Yeah...was he ever good at it?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:42 pm

Game thread starting duties on to the next message board poster.....let's start a new streak.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:43 pm

DWags wrote:

We win next Saturday.

Put
Down
The
Bottle
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:45 pm

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

We win next Saturday.

Put
Down
The
Bottle

Sober
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:47 pm

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Put
Down
The
Bottle

Sober

Go
To
The
Store
And
Buy
A
Bottle
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:55 pm

SawGreen wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

I'm guessing that NW owns the best, or at least on par head to head record against Dantonio as anyone in the B1G... if this is accurate, then it's on the coaches. NW has a formula on both sides of the ball that MSU can't seem to crack.
Yeah, we've lost the last 2 against them, but prior to that MD was 5-2 against them, so I wouldn't say it's a long term problem of is not being able to crack them.

FWIW, among the 4 losses, 2 were in OT, another by 3 pts. All of MD's wins have been by double figures except 2010 (8 pts).

FWIW Pt2, since 2000, we are 7-7 against them. The only reason we arent sub-.500 against them in that period is the biggest comeback in college football history.

In general it feels like they've taken the role of being our bogey team away from the Spoilermakers since the turn of the millenium.

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Heading to dinner now, but I wanted to stop back in just to say FUUUUUCK.
Yes, I know it's a young team that's bound to make mistakes, but heading into the next two games, it would've been nice to grab this one.
Please carry on.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:59 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Heading to dinner now, but I wanted to stop back in just to say FUUUUUCK.
Yes, I know it's a young team that's bound to make mistakes, but heading into the next two games, it would've been nice to grab this one.
Please carry on.

You sound fat
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:59 pm

NU does that short passing shit but they do it all the way down the field, including in the red zone. We know our quarters scheme has been suceptible to it, esp in, the slot area but that usually goes away inside the 20. Also I know we are changing up coverages more this year than we have in the past. Still, that's what they did. I don't think they had more than a handful of passes that traveled vertically > 10 yards all day, and I don't think they had a single completion that traveled vertically > 15 yards. But I was drinking.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10