Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meanwhile, over at the White house, the administration is busy blocking the CDC from using certain words

+6
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
msugolfguy
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Turtleneck
10 posters

Go down

Meanwhile, over at the White house, the administration is busy blocking the CDC from using certain words Empty Meanwhile, over at the White house, the administration is busy blocking the CDC from using certain words

Post by Turtleneck Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:51 pm

CDC officials will not be able to use the following words in budget documents:

evidence-based
science-based
vulnerable
entitlement
diversity
transgender
fetus

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?utm_term=.413556e692d4

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/16/16784498/cdc-seven-words-science-transgender-fetus
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile, over at the White house, the administration is busy blocking the CDC from using certain words Empty Re: Meanwhile, over at the White house, the administration is busy blocking the CDC from using certain words

Post by InTenSity Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Fuck Republicans
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile, over at the White house, the administration is busy blocking the CDC from using certain words Empty Re: Meanwhile, over at the White house, the administration is busy blocking the CDC from using certain words

Post by Turtleneck Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:59 pm

InTenSity wrote:Fuck Republicans

???

Meanwhile, over at the White house, the administration is busy blocking the CDC from using certain words Ann-Coulter-anti-aging
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:24 pm

At least we didn't elect the woman with the email account.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:55 am

Turtleneck wrote:CDC officials will not be able to use the following words in budget documents:

evidence-based
science-based
vulnerable
entitlement
diversity
transgender
fetus

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?utm_term=.413556e692d4

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/16/16784498/cdc-seven-words-science-transgender-fetus

Two things.

Party of limited government-please that's officially a joke.

Second point is this is just another case to muddy the waters on research and real data. I mean just come out and say "we really hate education" at least that's honest.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:08 am

msugolfguy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:CDC officials will not be able to use the following words in budget documents:

evidence-based
science-based
vulnerable
entitlement
diversity
transgender
fetus

Two things.

Second point is this is just another case to muddy the waters on research and real data. I mean just come out and say "we really hate education" at least that's honest.
Lol MSU golf guy you ever think about what it’ll be like in like 2026 when some over the top trump supporter like goose tries to go back on their shit and say things like “nah I’m just for limited government”

That’ll be fun. Fuck these people forever
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:48 am

Just the start of real bad shit going on unless you're a real fan of authoritarian oligarch rule

1.  Roll back FCC net neutrality so corporations can more easily sell or give personal information to companies.

2. Limit speech by Federal employees at the CDC.  

3.  Trump laying groundwork to clean house at the FBI with a new set of lies about how disfunctional the agency has become, evidently since he became President.

4.  Control the vote through Federal and state election fraud myths by limiting who can vote.

Keep saying it.  Its astounding to see what Pro-Life Evangelicals, Roman Catholic and especially women will sacrifice.  Electing Trump and the 50 rubber stamps in the US Senate says it all while hiding under the shtoud of small government.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 am

Catholics are pretty liberal as far as religious folk go grr. Just an FYI. Pretty much a 50/50 split, give or take either way depending on the poll.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:06 am

Wake up Travis. You think its coincidence that state and Federal legislative districts that voted for Democrats since 1960 ( JFK) and others going back to 1932 (FDR) with significant Roman Catholic demographics have been going to the GOP column since the GOP began using abortion as a litmus test.

I'm pointing out what two large segments that are very active promoting the "Right to Life" and getting GOP politicians elected are willing to give up.

By tommorow we'll be reading or hearing remarks by apologists saying its not that big a deal, just a few words. You want to guess what agencies follow suite?
EPA, DOE, FCC?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:16 am

Okay cool but feel free to google that or whatever before you start talking again
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:50 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

Two things.

Lol MSU golf guy you ever think about what it’ll be like in like 2026 when some over the top trump supporter like goose tries to go back on their shit and say things like “nah I’m just for limited government”

That’ll be fun. Fuck these people forever

Well I'm not at the Fuck em level yet. I think they have some reasonable arguments for limited government on a lot of things.

However in discussion to this specific case it's clearly a steer towards a world view. Sorry that science doesn't back all your positions in life. It sucks, I get it.

Maybe I missed something but I just don't understand what the point is on some of these items. This doesn't help anyone or the general public. I'm general curious what the last administration did to piss them off to levels I've never seen.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:24 am

All you need to do is look at demographic data on legislative districts that have flipped to safe GOP districts. I live in one.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:34 am

GRR Spartan wrote:All you need to do is look at demographic data on legislative districts that have flipped to safe GOP districts.  I live in one.  
You talking about Catholics? Cause, I promise your comparison is really bad man. I don’t really care about your district tbh. Catholics do not equal evangelicals. Hell even captain evangelical, lws, will happily confirm that for you.

Meanwhile, over at the White house, the administration is busy blocking the CDC from using certain words FT_16.02.22_religionPoliticalAffiliation_640px1
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:07 pm

Catholics have a significant number of voters who join Evangelicals voting GOP based on Right to Life litmus test.

Not all Evangelicals are Trump supporters either. I grew up as a Baptist (Midwest Wheaton College based ), went Missouri Synod Lutheran and left both when Right to Life politics began getting preached on Sundays. Not all Catholics are Trump supporters but enough are now solid GOP voters in enough legislative districts to combine with small government types and Evangelicals to get GOP controlled legislatures.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:14 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Catholics have a significant number of voters who join Evangelicals voting GOP based on Right to Life litmus test.  
Well, I mean... trump did win the election.

Look I’m just saying that there are a hell of a lot of liberal Catholics. There aren’t many liberal evangelicals. That’s all. If you didn’t know that (and I suspect you just sort of equated the two before) you do now.  Meanwhile, over at the White house, the administration is busy blocking the CDC from using certain words 1f44d
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:16 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Catholics have a significant number of voters who join Evangelicals voting GOP based on Right to Life litmus test.

Not all Evangelicals are Trump supporters either. I grew up as a Baptist (Midwest Wheaton College based ), went Missouri Synod Lutheran and left both when Right to Life politics began getting preached on Sundays. Not all Catholics are Trump supporters but enough are now solid GOP voters in enough legislative districts to combine with small government types and Evangelicals to get GOP controlled legislatures.

Wheaton College is a weird place.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Mueller gets fired on Friday.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:05 pm

DWags wrote:Mueller gets fired on Friday.

By the CDC?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:22 pm

I grew up and went to school at Missouri Synod Lutheran. Do you consider them evangelicals? Guess it doesn’t matter either way .

I do see a bigger difference in Catholics choosing the left over the right. I have no data or info, but would you think a majority of the 1% who are religious are more catholic than Protestant? Just thinking out loud.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:25 pm

This topic was One do the things that I felt, couldn’t be seriously true. Had to be fake news . But the WH won’t explain it further when the media questions it.

Even though I am burning with extreme anger with this, it made me laugh . Like really laugh. Almost like, just keep bringing it Trump. The hate is so so strong , that 2018 elections should be a breeze.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:23 am

More freedom loving “small government” at work.

EPA employees who went public opposing agency budget cuts have and are being investigated by an opposition research firm hired by the EPA under Pruitt.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/17/us/politics/epa-pruitt-media-monitoring.html?referer=https://www.google.com/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:44 am

GRR Spartan wrote:More freedom loving “small government” at work.

EPA employees who went public opposing agency budget cuts have and are being investigated by an opposition research firm hired by the EPA under Pruitt.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/17/us/politics/epa-pruitt-media-monitoring.html?referer=https://www.google.com/
1930's Germany.   

Those who don't remember history.....
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:48 am

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:More freedom loving “small government” at work.

1930's Germany.   

Those who don't remember history.....
but, man, I just didn't trust that woman with the email account.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Mesnwhile, this thread has crickets from Goose.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:38 pm

you remember when the fine, patriotic Americans called themselves the "Tea Party" - and they swore they were concerned about "big government"..."government overreach"..."protecting freedoms", etc.?

and they would get really - REALLY - defensive if someone suggested they might just be a bunch of racists?

I wonder what happened to them.. scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:42 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:you remember when the fine, patriotic Americans called themselves the "Tea Party" - and they swore they were concerned about "big government"..."government overreach"..."protecting freedoms", etc.?

and they would get really - REALLY - defensive if someone suggested they might just be a bunch of racists?

I wonder what happened to them..  scratch

They've taken the sheet off their head.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:05 pm

My sister calls this fake news because of a statement released by the CDC yesterday (I think)

Link

Meanwhile reporting by the NYT and others from sources who wish to remain anonymous continue to say actually, yes, they have been "advised" not to use these terms and that "advice" has come from outside the agency (i.e. the White House), AND it actually goes much deeper than these terms or this agency.  Also the White House continues to refer questions to HHS, which refers them back to the White House.

Transparency like a cinder block wall, this admin.  They really are fascists.  We were right all along.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Rocinante wrote:My sister calls this fake news because of a statement released by the CDC yesterday (I think)

Link

Meanwhile reporting by the NYT and others from sources who wish to remain anonymous continue to say actually, yes, they have been "advised" not to use these terms and that "advice" has come from outside the agency (i.e. the White House), AND it actually goes much deeper than these terms or this agency.  Also the White House continues to refer questions to HHS, which refers them back to the White House.

Transparency like a cinder block wall, this admin.  They really are fascists.  We were right all along.

There is no denial in that statement if it's the one I read yesterday.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Rocinante wrote:My sister calls this fake news because of a statement released by the CDC yesterday (I think)

Link

if only there had been a way to know this before the election.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Link

What happens in 2020 when they lose will be fascinating but probably actually terrifying. It’s definitely not going to be “oh you won okay here are the keys to the White House good luck.”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down