Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me about Charlevoix, MI in the winter

+8
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
12 posters

Go down

Tell me about Charlevoix, MI in the winter  Empty Tell me about Charlevoix, MI in the winter

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-19, 12:38

Outside of skiing up there and getting drunk, will there be anything else to do? I haven’t spent a ton of time in this area myself. What do we got, swill?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tell me about Charlevoix, MI in the winter  Empty Re: Tell me about Charlevoix, MI in the winter

Post by Death Roe 2017-12-19, 12:46

I don't know.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tell me about Charlevoix, MI in the winter  Empty Re: Tell me about Charlevoix, MI in the winter

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-19, 12:52

Death Roe wrote:I don't know.

Thank you for your honesty, Death Roe. It is always appreciated. Happy Holidays.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-19, 12:59

Trying to remember.  bridge street tavern, fun.  Villager bar.  You're not far from Boyne if you want to hit that up and ski.  It's more fun, in my opinion in the summer.  Haven't been there in a couple of years. The weathervane restaurant is nice.  I think there's a place called the smoke house or the smoker or something like that.   

I guess I never thought of Charlevoix in the winter.  I think there's more shit to do in the summer.   Shit, go to Crystal Mountain than jog over to TC.  More fun for a millenial.  I think Charlevoix is more for older people in the winter.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-12-19, 13:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Thank you for your honesty, Death Roe. It is always appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Thank you. I hope you have a great Christmas and a fantastic New Year! <3
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-19, 13:02

Merry Christmas*
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-19, 13:18

Never been. Don't know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-19, 13:27

There's more to do in Petoskey and that's pretty close. And yeah Boyne Highlands is in Harbor Springs which is also very close. You could probably also walk across the lake to Boyne City where there are some fun bars and restaurants but you might get cold and/or fall in.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-19, 13:46

Get the whitefish*.

*Boilerplate response to anyone visiting Charlevoix.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-19, 13:48

Aren't you going to hate skiing in the Northern Lower after a couple winters in Colorado?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-19, 13:54

All I know is that Charlevoix is the city that has the ferry that takes you to Beaver Island. It's a cool place to go for a weekend to get away from civilization. Careful with driving around too much though. Gas to refill your rental is something close to double what the price is on mainland.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-19, 13:57

tGreenWay wrote:Get the whitefish*.

*Boilerplate response to anyone visiting Charlevoix.

Truth
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-19, 14:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Outside of skiing up there and getting drunk, will there be anything else to do? I haven’t spent a ton of time in this area myself. What do we got, swill?

Tons to do but most of it involves sex with beautiful women of Scandanavian descent so you won't be interested.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-19, 14:16

OTPT, just an FYI. It is pronounce Char-la-VOY, not Char-la-VOX.

That should help you not sound like a tourist. Can't help you with your touristy look though.

OTPT, if I don't talk to you before MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-12-19, 14:32

I bet they have good ice fishing. And I hear you can ride your ATVs on county roads.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-12-19, 14:35

...meet tTy for a beer Tell me about Charlevoix, MI in the winter  2599972566
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-19, 15:46

tGreenWay wrote:Aren't you going to hate skiing in the Northern Lower after a couple winters in Colorado?

Hate is the wrong word, greenway. I’m a hippie at heart. I do not hate. Underwhelmed a bit? Sure - but I’ll also be with like 10 of my closest college friends and that trumps everything.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-19, 16:41

tGreenWay wrote:Aren't you going to hate skiing in the Northern Lower after a couple winters in Colorado?

Hate is the wrong word, greenway. I’m a hippie at heart. I do not hate. Underwhelmed a bit? Sure - but I’ll also be with like 10 of my closest college friends and that trumps everything.

Who decided charlevoix and not TC?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-19, 16:49

DWags wrote:

Our last minute planning and AirBnb options did. I wasn’t too concerned with the location as I may should have been, we don’t need much. Skiing within distance and a cabin in the woods on a lake. Tell me about Charlevoix, MI in the winter  3434560931
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-19, 16:52

DWags wrote:

Our last minute planning and AirBnb options did. I wasn’t too concerned with the location as I may should have been, we don’t need much. Skiing within distance and a cabin in the woods on a lake. Tell me about Charlevoix, MI in the winter  3434560931

Yeah, that does sound great otpt. Enjoy. Oh, get the white fish.

Honestly, there’s a place downtown they bring it in fresh daily. Get some smoked. Great with beer and weed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-12-19, 17:06

TheReal_LWS wrote:OTPT, just an FYI. It is pronounce Char-la-VOY, not Char-la-VOX.

That should help you not sound like a tourist. Can't help you with your touristy look though.

All Holidays Matter
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-19, 17:26

I can’t wait to go otpt it’s going to be a great time
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-12-19, 18:18

Rocinante wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:OTPT, just an FYI. It is pronounce Char-la-VOY, not Char-la-VOX.

All Holidays Matter

Happy Hanukkah and Happy Boxing Day.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-19, 18:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Outside of skiing up there and getting drunk, will there be anything else to do? I haven’t spent a ton of time in this area myself. What do we got, swill?

What are your potential interest outside of skiing and drinking in a town that gets a healthy dose of winter and accommodates skiers and drinkers?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down