Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

+29
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
goodbar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
I.B. Fine
DWags
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Da Mayor
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Clarett's Folly
Code_Warrior
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
NWSpartan
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Senior Dickfist
Jake from State Farm
Motown Spartan
Cameron
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MattyFresh
33 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:13 pm

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Multiple uses of the N word......it was all over Twitter this morning.

I'm guessing drunk and stupid on break somewhere....are they on break now?

Nope. Two weeks back.

Found part of it in my history.

Abuela @juylfowlkes
Follow Follow @juylfowlkes
More
Let’s play a game... it’s called “ How many retweets does this girl need before MSU kicks her out” @michiganstateu

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 DZUZR5zWAAAcVZ-

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 DZUZR5xW4A4Y8UV

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 DZUZR5uX4AIX129

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 DZUZR5vX4AEAc_5
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 Empty Re: AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT

Post by Rocinante Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Oh shit, a racist from Brighton?

That's so weird.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:28 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Nope. Two weeks back.

Abuela @juylfowlkes
More
Let’s play a game... it’s called “ How many retweets does this girl need before MSU kicks her out” @michiganstateu

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 DZUZR5zWAAAcVZ-

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 DZUZR5xW4A4Y8UV

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 DZUZR5uX4AIX129

AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 DZUZR5vX4AEAc_5

They’re out there. I’m glad they’re dumb enough to expose themselves. If MSU won’t kick her out, good luck getting a job.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:31 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Nope. Two weeks back.

Abuela @juylfowlkes
More

Did we find the female Ty?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:35 pm

She seems smart.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:48 pm

Stupid, racist, ignorant, and repulsive as it is, wouldn't that be a gross infringement on her First Amendment rights to expel her from a public, government-funded university?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:57 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Stupid, racist, ignorant, and repulsive as it is, wouldn't that be a gross infringement on her First Amendment rights to expel her from a public, government-funded university?

didn't this same thing happen with a chick down south a couple months ago? Snap video instead of pics and I feel like she doubled down when people called her out at first (while it happened) - but same stuff and she got the boot from school iirc
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:59 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Stupid, racist, ignorant, and repulsive as it is, wouldn't that be a gross infringement on her First Amendment rights to expel her from a public, government-funded university?

We just let Spencer speak so yeah. Now if it was directed at someone specifically I think we could kick that POS out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:15 am

Welp, channel 4 in Detroit is now saying MSU paid 500K to “track victims”

We cant quit stepping on our dicks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:19 am

The media is really all about the catchy headlines, aren't they. That's not what this was. Was it well spent money? That can be argued. But the media is making it seem like MSU was paying private investigators to doxx the victims. My wife heard this on the radio and asked me wtf was going on. She thought MSU was going into Police State spy mode based on what she heard.

We are in the crosshairs and will continue to be for some time. Every little nugget that is dug out of any FOIA is going to be spun into a sensationalistic headline. Every move MSU makes during mediation will be broadcast as callous and tone deaf and there will be no mention of insurers or trying to keep they University afloat financially.

Not sure this thing even ends when the settlement is done but that can't happen soon enough.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:23 am

DWags wrote:Welp, channel 4 in Detroit is now saying MSU paid 500K to “track victims”

We cant quit stepping on our dicks.

Among other things a firm was paid to track reactions on social media RE:MSU/Nassar - in today's world that's a pretty important thing to monitor. I guess it depends on what else they were doing, otherwise $500K seems excessive but it's certainly not nefarious.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:07 am

DWags wrote:

We just let Spencer speak so yeah. Now if it was directed at someone specifically I think we could kick that POS out.

Unless she plays LB...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:16 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The media is really all about the catchy headlines, aren't they. That's not what this was. Was it well spent money? That can be argued. But the media is making it seem like MSU was paying private investigators to doxx the victims. My wife heard this on the radio and asked me wtf was going on. She thought MSU was going into Police State spy mode based on what she heard.

We are in the crosshairs and will continue to be for some time. Every little nugget that is dug out of any FOIA is going to be spun into a sensationalistic headline. Every move MSU makes during mediation will be broadcast as callous and tone deaf and there will be no mention of insurers or trying to keep they University afloat financially.

Not sure this thing even ends when the settlement is done but that can't happen soon enough.

Yeah that story looked like BS to me too. Like, yes, the company they hired to do collect info for damage control looked at social media of the people involved. If they didn't, they wouldn't be doing their jobs. It says nothing about what was done with the information they gleaned, or whether they got purely publicly shared information, or what.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:08 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The media is really all about the catchy headlines, aren't they. That's not what this was. Was it well spent money? That can be argued. But the media is making it seem like MSU was paying private investigators to doxx the victims. My wife heard this on the radio and asked me wtf was going on. She thought MSU was going into Police State spy mode based on what she heard.

Until we announce that we are (proactively, not by any court order or judgement) shutting down the University, and selling off every piece of equipment, every chair, every brick, and every pencil, and giving all of the proceeds to the victims, there are vocal people in the media and elsewhere that are saying that we are tone deaf, not doing enough, etc.

It sucks. I feel very deep sympathy for the victims, and I am outraged at what people at MSU did and did not do. But there are also lawsuits pending, and the job of lawyers is to get their clients the most money that they can, not to worry about whether things that come out are presented fairly or disingenuously. And lawyers talk to the press. A lot. And MSU has far and away deeper pockets than USAG, the Karolyis, or Twistars/Geddert. And if it is perceived (not even remotely proven) that MSU has a University-wide system of cover up, then the potential to tap even deeper into those pockets is increased. I doubt that these lawsuits ever go to a civil trial. There will be a settlement, but that means that the public arena is where so much will take place, which means salacious headline after salacious headline.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:38 pm

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Unless she plays LB...

Nigel dropping the hammer.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:18 pm

Rocinante wrote:

Yeah that story looked like BS to me too.  Like, yes, the company they hired to do collect info for damage control looked at social media of the people involved.  If they didn't, they wouldn't be doing their jobs.  It says nothing about what was done with the information they gleaned, or whether they got purely publicly shared information, or what.  
AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 SingleIndelibleBuzzard-size_restricted
A graphic image of how the press reacts to every new tidbit of information - in unison, without thought.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:42 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Yeah that story looked like BS to me too.  Like, yes, the company they hired to do collect info for damage control looked at social media of the people involved.  If they didn't, they wouldn't be doing their jobs.  It says nothing about what was done with the information they gleaned, or whether they got purely publicly shared information, or what.  
AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 SingleIndelibleBuzzard-size_restricted
A graphic image of how the press reacts to every new tidbit of information - in unison, without thought.

I think we are too liberal with what we call "press." Media? sure.  But these people aren't journalists by any stretch of the imagination.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:19 pm

Some skank bitch just wrote another hit piece and rips g host.

https://deadspin.com/how-big-colleges-prey-on-fan-loyalty-to-fight-back-agai-1823903554
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Da Mayor wrote:Some skank bitch just wrote another hit piece and rips g host.

https://deadspin.com/how-big-colleges-prey-on-fan-loyalty-to-fight-back-agai-1823903554

Looks like Couch took umbrage with her article as well. She mentioned him and his article and never reached out to him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:23 pm

Until I started reporting this article, I hadn’t noticed the extent to which Michigan’s “Block M”—registered as a trademark in 1982—dominates my post-grad apartment. It’s on my laptop, a pillow, a bottle opener, a flag, a blanket, and a pennant.
Rolling Eyes  Seriously, how many articles have been written slamming MSU that have not come from A) ESPN, B) a friend of Paula's, or C) a UM fan?

And then she goes on to either intentionally lie about, or incompetently misrepresent several things....
According to Paula Lavigne’s reporting for ESPN in January, at least 16 women have been sexually assaulted by football players during Dantonio’s tenure
No, no it didn't.  There's so much wrong with this statement, it's laughable.  Paula's article said 16 women reported sexual OR physical assault.  So she even can't get Paula's article right.  And actually, didn't it say 16 players have been accused?  Not that 16 women reported it?  And let's not get into the libelous way that she says that the women WERE assaulted, not that they accused assault.  That is disgraceful, as it clearly implies conviction.  And that's all without any context that neither her nor Paula included.  Context that shows that 16 players out of all of Dantonio's players in 10 years, comes to LESS percentage of players ACCUSED, than the percentage of male college students nationally who have ADMITTED to sexual assault.  And again, many of those 16 were not sexual assaults, and some declined to press charges.

While it’s fair to say, as many around MSU have, that Lavigne’s article had no “smoking gun” unequivocally implicating Dantonio and Izzo, its substance was enough to prompt the resignation of MSU athletic director Mark Hollis.
No, no it didn't.  Hollis resigned due to the Nassar shit before the article was published.  If they want to claim that he resigned because this report was about to come out, that's a leap without any evidence.

At the very least, the report clearly raises enough questions to call for a tough, independent investigation of who knew what.
Hmmm, does she mean like the independent investigations and OCR investigations that have taken place and found no wrong doing?

And about g hosts' piece:
The piece is little more than targeted intimidation, using its length as cover for the fact that it provides no evidence of any consequence.
100 bucks says she this author never read it.  So actual links to official court documents, actual quotes by prosecutors, actual links to OCR reports, etc.....that's not evidence of any consequence?  Seriously?  Apparently, innuendo and 3rd/4th hand speculation is evidence of consequence, but not actual decisions by prosecutors, courts, or the fucking United States Government.

Jesus, I know I should stop getting worked up about this, but it still does get me.  And I had to stop reading when she said that g host's article lacked any evidence of consequence.  That, after getting so much wrong (including Paula's work that she was citing), just shows how completely shoddy she's doing it. Apparently, it's bad to defend your own school, but it's ok to irrationally and incorrectly bash a rival school.

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:34 pm

Yeah, I'm not clicking on that fucking garbage.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:37 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Yeah, I'm not clicking on that fucking garbage.
I feel dirty for doing so.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:16 pm

Well this statement is ironic..

The piece is little more than targeted intimidation, using its length as cover for the fact that it provides no evidence of any consequence.

Is tis refering to TempeTantrum's or OTL piece?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:20 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Until I started reporting this article, I hadn’t noticed the extent to which Michigan’s “Block M”—registered as a trademark in 1982—dominates my post-grad apartment. It’s on my laptop, a pillow, a bottle opener, a flag, a blanket, and a pennant.
Rolling Eyes  Seriously, how many articles have been written slamming MSU that have not come from A) ESPN, B) a friend of Paula's, or C) a UM fan?

And then she goes on to either intentionally lie about, or incompetently misrepresent several things....
According to Paula Lavigne’s reporting for ESPN in January, at least 16 women have been sexually assaulted by football players during Dantonio’s tenure
No, no it didn't.  There's so much wrong with this statement, it's laughable.  Paula's article said 16 women reported sexual OR physical assault.  So she even can't get Paula's article right.  And actually, didn't it say 16 players have been accused?  Not that 16 women reported it?  And let's not get into the libelous way that she says that the women WERE assaulted, not that they accused assault.  That is disgraceful, as it clearly implies conviction.  And that's all without any context that neither her nor Paula included.  Context that shows that 16 players out of all of Dantonio's players in 10 years, comes to LESS percentage of players ACCUSED, than the percentage of male college students nationally who have ADMITTED to sexual assault.  And again, many of those 16 were not sexual assaults, and some declined to press charges.

While it’s fair to say, as many around MSU have, that Lavigne’s article had no “smoking gun” unequivocally implicating Dantonio and Izzo, its substance was enough to prompt the resignation of MSU athletic director Mark Hollis.
No, no it didn't.  Hollis resigned due to the Nassar shit before the article was published.  If they want to claim that he resigned because this report was about to come out, that's a leap without any evidence.

At the very least, the report clearly raises enough questions to call for a tough, independent investigation of who knew what.
Hmmm, does she mean like the independent investigations and OCR investigations that have taken place and found no wrong doing?

100 bucks says she this author never read it.  So actual links to official court documents, actual quotes by prosecutors, actual links to OCR reports, etc.....that's not evidence of any consequence?  Seriously?  Apparently, innuendo and 3rd/4th hand speculation is evidence of consequence, but not actual decisions by prosecutors, courts, or the fucking United States Government.

Jesus, I know I should stop getting worked up about this, but it still does get me.  And I had to stop reading when she said that g host's article lacked any evidence of consequence.  That, after getting so much wrong (including Paula's work that she was citing), just shows how completely shoddy she's doing it. Apparently, it's bad to defend your own school, but it's ok to irrationally and incorrectly bash a rival school.

I've come to expect nothing but quality breakdowns from you. Not disappointed here.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:28 pm

scummer commenters be commenting. How does Dantonio's ass taste?

Very Stable Man of Genius
clowncone
4/03/18 11:53am
REDACTED, a Valparaiso grad, is the notorious poster “gHostspartan” on MSU cult page Spartan Tailgate. A well known exaggerator and attention whore, he once claimed to have nailed Jewel on a train when he was in high school. Yeah, I’m going to take that guy seriously.

Fan message boards are the swamp of fan support. The Spartantailgate posters posted Paula Lavigne’s business and home address and trashed her practice on Yelp. REDACTED is just one of the gaggle of fanatics but his need to attention whore takes it to another level.

Frogpaws
4/03/18 12:09pm
That guy is still on the RCMB? Jesus Christ. Was he the one who also claimed he drank with Heath Ledger and Heath said what a big MSU fan he was?

I used to post there, but had to get the fuck out once I realized what a total bunch of fucking loons were on that board. That was over a decade ago.

Glad to see nuts like TempeTantrum haven’t evolved one iota in the years since I left.

Also, fuck Johnny Spirit. That guy is an asshole.

Frogpaws
4/03/18 12:18pm
Yes. I remember the Heath Ledger story too. I got off of there too but but decided to check it out again after the Nassar thing hit. It became a complete cesspool before and the blind defense of the school and programs have made it worse.

As for TempeTantrum, I don’t think he really has a life outside of the RCMB. I would guess that he is Johnny Spirit but Johnny’s last name is Sheldon.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Nordic wrote:Well this statement is ironic..

Is tis refering to TempeTantrum's or OTL piece?
Or perhaps her own piece? When I quit reading after that part, and scrolled down to see how much of the article was left and was surprised to see it still going on and on and on.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I've come to expect nothing but quality breakdowns from you. Not disappointed here.
AS MICHIGAN STATE ALUMS WE HAVE A FUCKING VOICE - WE SHOULD USE IT  - Page 16 969504605
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:51 am

LKS won the appeal, and the Chief Judge of the Court LAID into the AGs for being political assholes.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/12/23/judge-rebukes-attorney-general-bill-schuette-lou-anna-simon/9003492002/?gnt-cfr=1
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:12 pm

From the beginning the knives were out to carve up MSU as the deepest pockets around this.

MSU, and their insurance companies, did the right thing, institutionally, to just buy off the victims, regardless of MSU's actual culpability.

Anyone who has paid attention knows that much of what went on was not at MSU, that there were various investigations, some of which MSU was aware of, which cleared Nasser's methods before it finally all blew up.

Seriously, though not in the Justice System or in the court of public opinion, Nasser still has an argument that what he was doing was therapeutic, but there is no way in hell anyone would be willing to buy into that, regardless of if it was, or not.

As for the further attacks on MSU the administration, MSU has been the poster child for what not to do on Title 9 for a long time, mostly because MSU keeps trying to follow the Dept. of Ed's guidelines, only to have those guidelines changed and MSU blamed for not following guidelines which did not exist at the time MSU was following what the Dept. of Ed had issued as guidelines.  Why MSU?  Who knows?

Now we have MSU afraid to do anything with high profile Title 9 cases, aka Ricky White, for fear of having MSU's actions called out once again when they are following what they have been told to do.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:51 pm

As much as I would like to divorce myself from this topic, the best that I can offer is to hopefully set an expectation that this never happens again, and everyone keeps their radar on high alert.

Doctors are not Gods. Some were just good book learners. And while I've always had a soft heart towards pediatric medicine, there is a disturbing trend to turning a blind eye toward pedophilia, and it's even being drawn down political lines.

I'm a super hard no on that shit.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:07 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:LKS won the appeal, and the Chief Judge of the Court LAID into the AGs for being political assholes.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/12/23/judge-rebukes-attorney-general-bill-schuette-lou-anna-simon/9003492002/?gnt-cfr=1

We had plenty of problems. LKS was not one of them. Glad the court agrees.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan, DWags, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16