Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sit or play Miles Bridges? Experts weigh in on Michigan State's options

+8
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
Izzo Court
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Clarett's Folly
NigelUno
12 posters

Go down

Sit or play Miles Bridges? Experts weigh in on Michigan State's options Empty Sit or play Miles Bridges? Experts weigh in on Michigan State's options

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 16:49

WARNING: Some of you won't like what is suggested by some "experts" in this article...

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2018/02/sit_or_play_miles_bridges_expe.html#incart_2box_mlive_homepage_featured_entries

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sit or play Miles Bridges? Experts weigh in on Michigan State's options Empty Re: Sit or play Miles Bridges? Experts weigh in on Michigan State's options

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-23, 16:51

If he's ineligible we vacate the season anyway. Might as well make it a championship season.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sit or play Miles Bridges? Experts weigh in on Michigan State's options Empty Re: Sit or play Miles Bridges? Experts weigh in on Michigan State's options

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 17:06

Yeah. Fuck it. Win the natty. They can’t take away a Natty from my heart my brain and my soul!!!!! - jimmy V
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 17:08

Clarett's Folly wrote:If he's ineligible we vacate the season anyway. Might as well make it a championship season.

But, according to some experts...he would miss 9 games as a penalty.  Maybe less.

Look...I'm not going to link these articles if you guys aren't going to read them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 17:09

We are fucked. What an extreme bummer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 17:09

NigelUno wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:If he's ineligible we vacate the season anyway. Might as well make it a championship season.

But, according to some experts...he would miss 9 games. Maybe less.

Look...I'm not going to link these articles if you guys aren't going to read them.

But does that definitely clear the season of any potential vacating? I read it Nigel. He could come back for the natty according to this schmuck. But does that really mean all is good
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2018-02-23, 17:11

You play him until the NCAA tells you what to do.  I'm just going to say that after the FBI is done with their investigation, the NCAA is not going to be concerned with a broke mom getting $400.  They will be drowning in the $40,000 payouts, money being funneled through assistant coaches, and programs being brought to their knees.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 17:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

But, according to some experts...he would miss 9 games. Maybe less.

But does that definitely clear the season of any potential vacating? I read it Nigel. He could come back for the natty according to this schmuck. But does that really mean all is good

Assuming we can even make it to the Natty with our second best player out.

Funny I can't think of the last time one of my favorite NBA players had to sit out 9 games because an agent gave that players mom $470.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 17:14

Last time I recall one of my favorite NBA players having to sit out a game is because he punched Lebron James in the balls.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 17:16

steveschneider wrote:We are fucked. What an extreme bummer.

Aw, shucks Steve.. when you put it like that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 17:21

steveschneider wrote:We are fucked. What an extreme bummer.

Will probably just read a book instead of watch the tournament. No
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-23, 17:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah. Fuck it. Win the natty. They can’t take away a Natty from my heart my brain and my soul!!!!! - jimmy V

I'm at the point where I don't GAF. Play him in the tournie, raise the banner and try pry it from us.

That said, sit him Sunday and 1st game of the BIG tournie. All are meaningless. Sit the whole BIG tournie if you want. $500 is not going to garner more than 2-3 games.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 17:27

Izzo Court wrote:You play him until the NCAA tells you what to do.  I'm just going to say that after the FBI is done with their investigation, the NCAA is not going to be concerned with a broke mom getting $400.  They will be drowning in the $40,000 payouts, money being funneled through assistant coaches, and programs being brought to their knees.

That's pretty risky. I think I'd try to negotiate a settlement/suspension (like Wisconsin and the BigTen Tournament, and have mom pay back the alleged $400).

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 17:27

steveschneider wrote:

I’ve got some good suggestions book wise if you’d like, Steve. I’ll still gamble my ass off on the tourney though.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-23, 17:28

steveschneider wrote:Last time I recall one of my favorite NBA players having to sit out a game is because he punched Lebron James in the balls.
Kicked*
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 17:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Last time I recall one of my favorite NBA players having to sit out a game is because he punched Lebron James in the balls.
Kicked*

The Dick Kicker

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 17:57

steveschneider wrote:

I’ve got some good suggestions book wise if you’d like, Steve. I’ll still gamble my ass off on the tourney though.

I got a stack of like 4-5 books I need to catch up on. I'll hit you up at some point once I make it through these.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-02-23, 18:17

I would have to know how conversations with the NCAA go about this to say for sure, but my inclination would be to sit him for at least the Wisconsin game until we get a clearer picture of what is going to come of all this. If sitting him down can prevent us from vacating wins, then that's what we should do. Even without Bridges, this team is good enough to win a Natty this season. If it's a matter of sit him 9 games and then he's good to go, then that's just extra motivation for the rest of the guys to make sure they get to the BTT championship (and preferably win it) so that we can be sure we've got 10 games left.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-02-23, 18:31

He's already played in every fucking game - why sit now? 

Push the chIps into the middle. We ain't got no choice.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 18:32

Dr. Strangelove wrote:He's already played in every fucking game - why sit now? 

I'm with Doc on this one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-02-23, 18:46

Was it when proven the mom took the money?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-02-23, 18:48

InTenSity wrote:Was it when proven the mom took the money?

Truth. It may be wishful thinking, but the dude got paid for doing nefarious things.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-02-23, 19:30

Let's see, according to historical precedence, let's use the scum example: $400/$600,000 x games vacated (50?) = 0.033

0.033 x games Bridges has played in 60? x the amount of money Bridges actually pocketed (0) = 0 games

In other words, if the NCAA is going to start forcing teams to forfeit games because someone's parents collected some money from a sleazy agent they're pretty much going to have to shut down football and basketball.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-02-23, 19:51

As we used to say on teamfur:

Fuck it...Floor it
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 20:05

If they followed NCAA guidelines for missing games, he would miss 9. They wouldn't retroactively declare him ineligible and have us forfeit games.

Might get reduced if they're proactive.  Might not.

Duke and Bama have already plead not guilty, and apparently are planning on playing their guys.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 20:07

SawGreen wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Was it when proven the mom took the money?

Truth. It may be wishful thinking, but the dude got paid for doing nefarious things.

Big Nike/Adidas/Under Armor tournaments are like the Wild West.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down