Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Kristol tweet: Big shakeup rumored

4 posters

Go down

Bill Kristol tweet: Big shakeup rumored Empty Bill Kristol tweet: Big shakeup rumored

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-14, 19:10

If true, holy shit.

Kristol, posted last hour:
This is RUMINT, but pretty credible RUMINT: Trump preparing to fire Sessions, name Pruitt Acting AG (which he can be since he already holds a Senate confirmed position), and Pruitt fires Mueller. And McMaster likely to be replaced by Bolton. Shulkin also on way out, FWIW.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Bill Kristol tweet: Big shakeup rumored Empty Re: Bill Kristol tweet: Big shakeup rumored

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-14, 19:17

I’ll buy it when I see it greenway otherwise I think it’s bullshit if I’m honest.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bill Kristol tweet: Big shakeup rumored Empty Re: Bill Kristol tweet: Big shakeup rumored

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-14, 19:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’ll buy it when I see it greenway otherwise I think it’s bullshit if I’m honest.

I agree, it’s just the next one of a million rumors. But I gave it a little more weight because it’s coming from Kristol, who is plugged in everywhere. The second reason is being discussed on CNN right now/ Trump wants McCabe fired now instead of waiting a few days for him to retire. If the AG refuses, Trump has his non-Russia reason for getting rid of Sessions.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-14, 19:36

I saw something the other day, I think it was from Maggie Haberman (sp) who you know totally doesn’t have access, that said that Trump was afraid of his job for the first 6 months but now is getting his sea legs. Which makes sense. And was also absolutely terrifying.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-14, 19:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I saw something the other day, I think it was from Maggie Haberman (sp) who you know totally doesn’t have access, that said that Trump was afraid of his job for the first 6 months but now is getting his sea legs. Which makes sense. And was also absolutely terrifying.

I heard a similar sentiment from Gloria Borger tonight. Makes it seem more like someone in the WH may have said to a few reporters to change the narrative from Trump likes chaos to Trump understands the job and now knows who he wants. <coughcoughbullshitcoughcough>
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-03-14, 19:58

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I saw something the other day, I think it was from Maggie Haberman (sp) who you know totally doesn’t have access, that said that Trump was afraid of his job for the first 6 months but now is getting his sea legs. Which makes sense. And was also absolutely terrifying.

I heard a similar sentiment from Gloria Borger tonight. Makes it seem more like someone in the WH may have said to a few reporters to change the narrative from Trump likes chaos to Trump understands the job and now knows who he wants.  <coughcoughbullshitcoughcough>
I prefer the answer of “its bullshit and he’s still just testing the fences”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-03-14, 21:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I heard a similar sentiment from Gloria Borger tonight. Makes it seem more like someone in the WH may have said to a few reporters to change the narrative from Trump likes chaos to Trump understands the job and now knows who he wants.  <coughcoughbullshitcoughcough>
I prefer the answer of “its bullshit and he’s still just testing the fences”

Is testing fences the same as a trial balloon? If so, you might be on to something.
Also, apologies to Floyd for using the word narrative. I know he hates that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-03-14, 23:11

The more time goes by, the more Mueller's investigation is uncovering. I think this scenario is very plausible.
Falls into WWPD (What would Putin do) realm.

Trump has led a charmed life of doing shitty and sometimes ilegal stuff then acting like things didn't happen or in cases that have ended up possibly going to court, like the Civil Rights case where he ordered documents shredded until such time the DOJ decided to accept a no contest settlement.

In other areas he's stiffed sub contractors and underpaid GC's with impunity daring people to sue knowing he can outlast them in court burying their lawyers in paper and delaying until their funds are exhausted.

With the current GOP Congress I can see Trump firing Sessions with new AG ending the Mueller investigation then destroying all findings or sealing them for 50 years.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-03-15, 09:27

GRR Spartan wrote:The more time goes by, the more Mueller's investigation is uncovering. I think this scenario is very plausible.
Falls into WWPD (What would Putin do) realm.

Trump has led a charmed life of doing shitty and sometimes ilegal stuff then acting like things didn't happen or in cases that have ended up possibly going to court, like the Civil Rights case where he ordered documents shredded until such time the DOJ decided to accept a no contest settlement.

In other areas he's stiffed sub contractors and underpaid GC's with impunity daring people to sue knowing he can outlast them in court burying their lawyers in paper and delaying until their funds are exhausted.

With the current GOP Congress I can see Trump firing Sessions with new AG ending the Mueller investigation then destroying all findings or sealing them for 50 years.

That scenario does not end well for the GOP.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down