Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAKS given an office in a newly renovated campus building in West Circle. Willis house.

+5
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Da Mayor
DWags
9 posters

Go down

LAKS given an office in a newly renovated campus building in West Circle.  Willis house.   Empty LAKS given an office in a newly renovated campus building in West Circle. Willis house.

Post by DWags 2018-04-05, 17:27

This will ruffle some feathers I'm sure.  

$977,000 renovation of Willis house will have LAKS office in it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

LAKS given an office in a newly renovated campus building in West Circle.  Willis house.   Empty Re: LAKS given an office in a newly renovated campus building in West Circle. Willis house.

Post by Da Mayor 2018-04-05, 18:00

Should have never resigned.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

LAKS given an office in a newly renovated campus building in West Circle.  Willis house.   Empty Re: LAKS given an office in a newly renovated campus building in West Circle. Willis house.

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-05, 18:08

And getting paid $750,000.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-05, 18:39

Simon still has a tenured professorship at the university. Her contract guarantees her 12 months of research leave immediately following her resignation as president, during which time she is receiving 100% of her base presidential salary of $750,000.

Thereafter, she can return to the faculty, receiving her full presidential salary the first year and 75% of her salary - or $562,500 - for any subsequent years "subject to annual review, salary increases and fringe benefits consistent with those available to other members of the tenured faculty."

Among other benefits, her contract also guarantees her “a suitable office in a mutually agreeable university building, along with appropriate secretarial services, computer and technology equipment, technical support, a telephone, and other necessary office tools.”

One more time - someone tell me that MSU is short $$ and education is suffering. And yes, I know this kind of deal is common - and that's the problem. Paying a professor, any professor $10,000+ a week with huge benefits is insane.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-05, 19:56

Jesus Christ. Go the fuck away.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-05, 20:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Jesus Christ. Go the fuck away.

Tribal outrage.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-05, 22:18

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Jesus Christ. Go the fuck away.

Tribal outrage.

What? What tribe am I in now Goose? The way your brain works is befuddling.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-04-05, 22:24

I'm of the opinion that Lou Anna needs to go away, as well. And this is a very bad look.

Also, how the fuck is MSU going to try to claim that they need to fight the lawsuits for their insurers to remain financially solvent when they are paying their ex Pres 750k/year and putting her up on campus in a penthouse?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-04-05, 22:46

Someone on campus better start visibly tightening the budget, this comes across as indifference or at best obliviousness to the pending law suits.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-05, 22:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Tribal outrage.

I think he thinks you were talking about him. Sensitive little snowflake sometimes
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-06, 07:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I think he thinks you were talking about him. Sensitive little snowflake sometimes

Not every post is about you Goose.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-06, 08:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I'm sorry to have misunderstood your outrage. I'll be more careful the next time before I throw any accusations at you. In the future I'll assume any "go the fuck aways" are meant for Travis, not me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-06, 08:05

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I'm sorry to have misunderstood your outrage.  I'll be more careful the next time before I throw any accusations at you.   In the future I'll assume any "go the fuck aways" are meant for Travis, not me.
I do not think it was about me either tbh
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-06, 08:08

my daughter told me she saw her at the Starbucks on Grand River just last week.. seems a little odd - I think I'd keep a fairly low profile or maybe even quietly ease myself out of town.

but, I guess she (LAKS) thinks she did nothing wrong.. why should she stay out of the public light? LAKS given an office in a newly renovated campus building in West Circle.  Willis house.   294152859
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-04-06, 08:30

I am happy to see that the money I donate is going to a such a good cause.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-06, 08:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:my daughter told me she saw her at the Starbucks on Grand River just last week.. seems a little odd - I think I'd keep a fairly low profile or maybe even quietly ease myself out of town.

but, I guess she (LAKS) thinks she did nothing wrong.. why should she stay out of the public light? LAKS given an office in a newly renovated campus building in West Circle.  Willis house.   294152859

Yep. I would be in Florida or Arizona or some shit by this point.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-06, 08:41

I.B. Fine wrote:Someone on campus better start visibly tightening the budget, this comes across as indifference or at best obliviousness to the pending law suits.

She must have had a rock solid severance package if she quit...which seems at best to be ridiculous.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-06, 09:13

NigelUno wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:Someone on campus better start visibly tightening the budget, this comes across as indifference or at best obliviousness to the pending law suits.

She must have had a rock solid severance package if she quit...which seems at best to be ridiculous.  

Here is where I say she was basically the president during the glory days of MSU.  Success academically world wide, big research dollars coming in, and of course the football and basketball teams were as successful as they've ever been.   The BOT and administration just didn't know that Nassar and Strample were about to make the place crumble.  I think it was easily overlooked. However, her success wasn't.  You retain that talent.  You reward that talent.  She was and is.  

As far as LAKS herself.  She fits the old saying to the tee.   "You can build a thousand bridges, but suck one cock and you're always a cocksucker."  Couldn't fit better.

This story, will, once again, make MSU seem "tone death" even though this was put together legally and long before any of the nightmare stuff came to light.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-04-06, 09:28

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Here is where I say she was basically the president during the glory days of MSU.  Success academically world wide, big research dollars coming in, and of course the football and basketball teams were as successful as they've ever been.   The BOT and administration just didn't know that Nassar and Strample were about to make the place crumble.  I think it was easily overlooked. However, her success wasn't.  You retain that talent.  You reward that talent.  She was and is.  

As far as LAKS herself.  She fits the old saying to the tee.   "You can build a thousand bridges, but suck one cock and you're always a cocksucker."  Couldn't fit better.

This story, will, once again, make MSU seem "tone death" even though this was put together legally and long before any of the nightmare stuff came to light.

Who's cock did she suck?, or was that a personal anecdote?  Wink

I'm sure the 'golden parachute' is not unique, but given the circumstances, giving her a used K-car as a parting gift would be seen as excessive.
I'm sure some donor money could be discretely redirected to buy her a nice place in a distant land to spend a year, or so, doing 'research'.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-06, 09:39

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'm sure the 'golden parachute' is not unique, but given the circumstances, giving her a used K-car as a parting gift would be seen as excessive.
I'm sure some donor money could be discretely redirected to buy her a nice place in a distant land to spend a year, or so, doing 'research'.

I really do think the over used "tone deaf" applies to her.   Bob says she's bopping around downtown, her husband is teaching, they're moving on with their lives like nothing is happening.  I mean, I respect where she took MSU to, but maybe it's just me, I'd either be in hiding or in action trying to do everything I could to help bring to justice those who flourished under my watch. And I get that it's a huge university, but I dont' know, maybe it's just me, I'd be doing things differently if I was in her shoes.  Maybe I"m wrong here.  It just seems weird.  As a part of the healing process, I wonder if she would consider giving some of her severence to the victims fund.  I don't know, I know it's all legal shit, but damn, it just seems weird
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-04-06, 09:43

DWags wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

I really do think the over used "tone deaf" applies to her.   Bob says she's bopping around downtown, her husband is teaching, they're moving on with their lives like nothing is happening.  I mean, I respect where she took MSU to, but maybe it's just me, I'd either be in hiding or in action trying to do everything I could to help bring to justice those who flourished under my watch. And I get that it's a huge university, but I dont' know, maybe it's just me, I'd be doing things differently if I was in her shoes.  Maybe I"m wrong here.  It just seems weird.  As a part of the healing process, I wonder if she would consider giving some of her severence to the victims fund.  I don't know, I know it's all legal shit, but damn, it just seems weird
I agree with this.

ya know, even if she deep down feels as though she did nothing wrong or, if given the chance, would do everything the exact same again, out of respect for the victims, their families, the university, the healing process, etc., it would seem to be a good time to just disappear for a while.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-04-06, 09:50

I think y'all are right but by all accounts, that's just not part of her personality or skill set. I'm surprised Engler or someone close to him hasn't had a conversation with her about this, or made any kind of a public move to counter the optics of the whole golden parachute.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-04-06, 10:00

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I believe you are a bit misguided here DWags.

It is my understanding that this overly generous severance package was added when our tone deaf and incompetent BOT reworked her contract in December 2017 - they also gave her a substantial raise.  Well after the scope of Nassar crimes had come to light and she was already under pressure to resign.  They also named her a John A. Hannah Distinguished Professor our highest academic honor - bypassing the normal review process.

This was not about talent retention.  This is incompetence.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-04-06, 10:03

MSU addict wrote:
DWags wrote:

It is my understanding that this overly generous severance package was added when our tone deaf and incompetent BOT reworked her contract in December 2017 - they also gave her a substantial raise.  Well after the scope of Nassar crimes had come to light and she was already under pressure to resign.  They also named her a John A. Hannah Distinguished Professor our highest academic honor - bypassing the normal review process.

Maybe they bought her off.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-04-06, 10:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think y'all are right but by all accounts, that's just not part of her personality or skill set. I'm surprised Engler or someone close to him hasn't had a conversation with her about this, or made any kind of a public move to counter the optics of the whole golden parachute.
If Engler wants her gone (I assume he does) the best way to to counter her binding contract is with public outrage.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-04-06, 10:05

NigelUno wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

There was no need to buy he off - they should have fired her ass.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-04-06, 10:14

MSU addict wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

There was no need to buy he off - they should have fired her ass.
Sadly, I find this thoroughly believable. There may be a decent trustee or two, but the whole gang needs to go, yesterday.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down