Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me take care of my pampered chef baking stone

+2
I.B. Fine
kingstonlake
6 posters

Go down

Help me take care of my pampered chef baking stone Empty Help me take care of my pampered chef baking stone

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-23, 18:00

I love this thing. Bake all kinds of stuff on it. My question is cleaning. I'm told water only. No detergent or any type of cleaning solution. Is this true?

Thanks in advance fellow Swill pampered cheffers!!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Help me take care of my pampered chef baking stone Empty Re: Help me take care of my pampered chef baking stone

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-05-23, 18:32

Those are like cast iron pans, you want them to develop a glaze from the oil on the food that is cooked on them, aka seasoned, soap breaks that down. Scrub it with some hot water and leave it be.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Help me take care of my pampered chef baking stone Empty Re: Help me take care of my pampered chef baking stone

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-23, 20:09

Have a couple pizza stones, not purchased from Pampered Chef. They have developed what I consider a stone patina. Unlike my cast iron pans, will hit them with dish soap and a non-marring scrubber pad. They come out of it fine.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-23, 20:13

kingstonlake wrote:I love this thing. Bake all kinds of stuff on it. My question is cleaning. I'm told water only. No detergent or any type of cleaning solution. Is this true?

I was just reading about baking stones. Pantry must be really good at cleaning, because what I read about stones said water only because they’d absorb the taste of the soap.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-23, 20:19

Our baking stone is probably the most used apparatus in the kitchen. We've never washed it in a traditional sense. Just wipe it off with a wet cloth when it gets oily, greasy, etc.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-05-23, 20:22

I have a couple of baking stones and the pampered is my favorite. I don't even use water, I just scrape it off with a plastic scraper.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-23, 20:37

Everytime I see my wife scrub it with soap I cry a little. I've given up telling her to use just water.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-23, 20:54

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I love this thing. Bake all kinds of stuff on it. My question is cleaning. I'm told water only. No detergent or any type of cleaning solution. Is this true?

I was just reading about baking stones. Pantry must be really good at cleaning, because what I read about stones said water only because they’d absorb the taste of the soap.
Might be true for new stones but my stones are well-seasoned. Water runs off like a duck's back. Dish soap has zero effect except making them less slippery to put in the cutting board cabinet.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-05-23, 21:06

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Might be true for new stones but my stones are well-seasoned. Water runs off like a duck's back. Dish soap has zero effect except making them less slippery to put in the cutting board cabinet.

It was your comment the other day about aluminum that got me thinking about switching over to stones. Damnit man, stop spending my money.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-05-23, 22:48

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Might be true for new stones but my stones are well-seasoned. Water runs off like a duck's back. Dish soap has zero effect except making them less slippery to put in the cutting board cabinet.

It was your comment the other day about aluminum that got me thinking about switching over to stones. Damnit man, stop spending my money.
I'm only here to help.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down