Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow. Michigan high school social studies standards will not teach historical facts.

+5
Dendrobates
y2kMgrad
StylesGShmooth
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
9 posters

Go down

Wow. Michigan high school social studies standards will not teach historical facts.  Empty Wow. Michigan high school social studies standards will not teach historical facts.

Post by DWags Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:20 am

Get ready. This is the America we’ve allowed to happen.

References to gay rights, Roe v. Wade, climate change and “core democratic values” have been stripped from Michigan’s new proposed social studies standards, and the historic role of the NAACP downplayed, through the influence of Republican state Sen. Patrick Colbeck and a cadre of conservatives who helped rewrite the standards for public school students in kindergarten through 12th grade.

https://www.bridgemi.com/talent-education/history-gets-conservative-twist-michigan-social-studies-standards
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Wow. Michigan high school social studies standards will not teach historical facts.  Empty Re: Wow. Michigan high school social studies standards will not teach historical facts.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:21 pm

America is a stupid country and republicans know that keeping Americans stupid benefits them.

Why else would they continually demonize education and teachers the way they do?

So, this is unfortunate but not surprising.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Wow. Michigan high school social studies standards will not teach historical facts.  Empty Re: Wow. Michigan high school social studies standards will not teach historical facts.

Post by StylesGShmooth Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:26 pm

After I saw this, I just gave up  Devos: school shooting safety panel won't discuss guns
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:19 pm

Social Studies is #fakenews for kids.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:08 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:America is a stupid country and republicans know that keeping Americans stupid benefits them.

Why else would they continually demonize education and teachers the way they do?

Yup. I was mocked on my fb discussion because of my education. On how stupid the educated are, because I was saying that separating children from their families is wrong and immoral. Yup. It’s what Republicans want is stupid people who can’t think for themselves and will blindly follow them.

Things are just getting worse diving the country. I really do hate this country now. It’s the country of, well if it doesn’t affect me, then I don’t give a shit.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:03 am

Dendrobates wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:America is a stupid country and republicans know that keeping Americans stupid benefits them.

Yup. I was mocked on my fb discussion because of my education. On how stupid the educated are, because I was saying that separating children from their families is wrong and immoral. Yup. It’s what Republicans want is stupid people who can’t think for themselves and will blindly follow them.

Things are just getting worse diving the country. I really do hate this country now. It’s the country of, well if it doesn’t affect me, then I don’t give a shit.

My sister is has a MA in education and she said essentially the same thing to me. So I don't necessarily think it's an education thing, I think it's a mass hysteria thing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:03 am

Dendrobates wrote:

we've semi-seriously thought of buying a family compound in Canada, it's so bad now. And I've been a republican most of my life. Invading Iraq changed my thinking. But jfc, i'd never thought we'd go down this far, this fast. trump is a complete asshole. Liar-in-chief.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:07 am

My daughter is in college right now getting her teaching degree and will be certified in SS, among other subjects. I'm sure she'll see this and to say this news will not make her happy is an understatement. Bullshit to take history out of the history classes
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:57 pm

Hmmm, this is a better direction to go in.

Michigan to deepen Native American history in social studies standards
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:20 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Hmmm, this is a better direction to go in.

Not if this guy has anything to say about it: Congressman John Moolenaar <MI04JMima@mail.house.gov
As Michigan kids head back to school, there is a push to advance left-wing teachings in the classroom. Parents have a right to be involved in their children's education and stand up against them. They have the right to know what is being taught to their kids.

I will continue to fight for parents' rights to be involved in their kids' education.

What do you think, Jake from State Farm? Let me know in the survey below.

Do you think parents should be involved in their children's education?

Yes
No
Unsure

From the article: Schools across the country have been moving toward more complete versions of history. In some places, the shift has given rise to pushback from parents and others who argue that “woke” educators are indoctrinating students with anti-American attitudes by, for instance, teaching that racism was baked into the nation’s founding documents, or that Christopher Columbus should be shunned as a colonizer rather than celebrated as a discoverer.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:33 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Hmmm, this is a better direction to go in.

Not if this guy has anything to say about it: Congressman John Moolenaar <MI04JMima@mail.house.gov
As Michigan kids head back to school, there is a push to advance left-wing teachings in the classroom. Parents have a right to be involved in their children's education and stand up against them. They have the right to know what is being taught to their kids.

I will continue to fight for parents' rights to be involved in their kids' education.

What do you think, Jake from State Farm? Let me know in the survey below.

Do you think parents should be involved in their children's education?

Yes
No
Unsure

From the article: Schools across the country have been moving toward more complete versions of history. In some places, the shift has given rise to pushback from parents and others who argue that “woke” educators are indoctrinating students with anti-American attitudes by, for instance, teaching that racism was baked into the nation’s founding documents, or that Christopher Columbus should be shunned as a colonizer rather than celebrated as a discoverer.

Yes, parents should know what's being taught in their schools. Sometimes it's the unvarnished truth. Sometimes it's more cut and dry, like math.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:51 pm

white people (mainly men) suck.

and if this upsets you, then go look in the mirror.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down