Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read this article about Russia

+9
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
Heat Miser
NigelUno
kingstonlake
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Read this article about Russia - Page 2 Empty Re: Read this article about Russia

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-07-12, 18:07

I don't agree that it's to the level of collusion that you think, and you feel different, so that's fine. Part of my point in discussing this was that you said the simplest explanation is often the most correct, and the more coordination, collusion, and cabalism (if that's even a word), then the less simple it becomes, IMO.

Either way, as long as you aren't charging this global cabal with covering up a flat earth, faking Sandy Hook, the Holocaust, etc., then you aren't coming close to wacky conspiracy guy in my book.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Read this article about Russia - Page 2 Empty Re: Read this article about Russia

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-12, 22:15

Thanks Miami. That means a lot.

PS: 9/11 was an inside job.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-13, 13:34

12 indictments Russian military officers hacking the election. Nothing to see here goose.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-07-16, 13:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ok. Great. I still don't think that's the point. 

I think the point is HOW they're doing it now, and how so many people are falling for it and how we all need to be more diligent about BS proofing the information we're consuming and the sources it is coming from. Both sides.

Amen.

Just finished the article and it's been a topic I've been fascinated with. I recall towards the end of the 2016 election I had an exchange with a Bernie Bro over FB. He was someone in my friends network. It was all about the Clinton foundation and Haiti. I don't recall the specifics but something about what he was saying was way off so I decided to verify it. I was googling the story and found a BBC article that verified his claims were false. The guy scoffed at me that I would go to the BBC and when I asked for a link that proves the article wrong he sent me a youtube link to some vLogger that was on par with Alex Jones. That day was a huge eureka moment for me. I realized that people didn't believe in shit anymore, and everyone was arguing with their own sets of facts. I pretty much went to the NYT website and paid for a subscription that day. I think defeating Putin's current efforts to thwart our democracy is as simple as folks informing their selves with credible journalism. Also, understanding how we are targeted over twitter/fb with Russian propaganda is another step that can help. Arguing with on line trolls is just causing people in our feeds to get exposed to the propaganda.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-07-16, 14:12

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ok. Great. I still don't think that's the point. 

I think the point is HOW they're doing it now, and how so many people are falling for it and how we all need to be more diligent about BS proofing the information we're consuming and the sources it is coming from. Both sides.

Amen.

Just finished the article and it's been a topic I've been fascinated with. I recall towards the end of the 2016 election I had an exchange with a Bernie Bro over FB. He was someone in my friends network. It was all about the Clinton foundation and Haiti. I don't recall the specifics but something about what he was saying was way off so I decided to verify it. I was googling the story and found a BBC article that verified his claims were false. The guy scoffed at me that I would go to the BBC and when I asked for a link that proves the article wrong he sent me a youtube link to some vLogger that was on par with Alex Jones. That day was a huge eureka moment for me. I realized that people didn't believe in shit anymore, and everyone was arguing with their own sets of facts. I pretty much went to the NYT website and paid for a subscription that day. I think defeating Putin's current efforts to thwart our democracy is as simple as folks informing their selves with credible journalism. Also, understanding how we are targeted over twitter/fb with Russian propaganda is another step that can help. Arguing with on line trolls is just causing people in our feeds to get exposed to the propaganda.

It is appalling how many people trust random YouTube videos more than legitimate news outlets. I'll never understand it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-16, 14:17

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Amen.

It is appalling how many people trust random YouTube videos more than legitimate news outlets. I'll never understand it.
you - and everyone with a degree of critical thinking skill knows this - but people tend to live in their echo chamber.. their little bubble where they're never challenged.

even if it is a YouTube video published by a Russian bot. Read this article about Russia - Page 2 502811600

it's why we are where we are in society.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-07-16, 15:00

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Amen.

And memes. After that shooting in Satna Fe, TX a little while back within 20 minutes there was pics of the shooter and they photoshopped on a Hillary Clinton hat from her 2016 campaign.

Most people don't even verify this shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-16, 15:09

привет всем, я просто практикую
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-07-16, 16:01

привет всем, я просто практикую

Не мой президент
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-07-17, 10:27

Textbook. 

I was just perusing my Twitter feed as I'm riding the exercise bike. 

Some MSU guy I follow is retweeting someone with "deplorable" in their handle about why is no one talking about the $400 million Hillary got from the Russians?

Besides the obvious (Hillary is not President) it took me less than 5 seconds to do a google search to disprove this theory. It took me another 5 seconds to prove the legitimacy of the site that I found the information to disprove the conspiracy. 

What it boils down to - Putin made this claim. Deplorables (their word, not mine) are running with it and retweeting it as fact. SMDH.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-07-17, 10:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Textbook. 

I was just perusing my Twitter feed as I'm riding the exercise bike. 

Some MSU guy I follow is retweeting someone with "deplorable" in their handle about why is no one talking about the $400 million Hillary got from the Russians?

Besides the obvious (Hillary is not President) it took me less than 5 seconds to do a google search to disprove this theory. It took me another 5 seconds to prove the legitimacy of the site that I found the information to disprove the conspiracy. 

What it boils down to - Putin made this claim. Deplorables (their word, not mine) are running with it and retweeting it as fact. SMDH.

Yeah, this is almost exactly what happened when I saw a Bernie Bro. from San Francisco that popped up on my friends feed that was making claims about Clinton Foundation and Haiti. I'm not saying there isn't shit worth scrutinizing for the foundation but the shit he was spreading was so outrageously false. I got hit back hard too for providing a MSM link that proved it false.

This shit isn't just a right wing trend but it is definitely a serious problem on that side. If you go off into the far left they push some very false stories from incredibly dubious sources as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-09-18, 14:29

How Putin Works to Weaken Faith in the Rule of Law and Our Justice System

In the summer of 2016, a Facebook group called “Secure Borders” began fanning the flames of rumors that a young girl had been raped at knifepoint by Syrian refugees in Twin Falls, Idaho. The group accused government officials, including the prosecutor and judge in the case, of conspiring to protect the immigrant community by covering-up the true nature of the crime. Secure Borders attempted to organize a rally, demanding, among other things, that “[a]ll government officials, who are covering up for these criminals, should be fired!” The claims were riddled with falsehoods. There were no Syrian refugees involved, and there was no knife. But because the suspects were minors, privacy laws made it difficult for the court to publish facts that could correct the public narrative.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-09-18, 15:21

yeah but brown people are coming for our stuff.

oh - and America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-10-09, 10:26

Read this one, too.

Top Secret Russian Unit Seeks to Destabilize Europe, Security Officials Say
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2