Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fake IRS Scam Calls

3 posters

Go down

Fake IRS Scam Calls Empty Fake IRS Scam Calls

Post by Dendrobates 2018-07-26, 12:51

I’ve just now started getting these calls. I was feeling lucky for a while since I never got one. Now it’s daily, with the robotic voicemail saying ignoring this prosecute me or something like that. I haven’t been able to answer one yet, but anyone have any good suggestions on how to mess with them?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fake IRS Scam Calls Empty Re: Fake IRS Scam Calls

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-07-26, 13:13

I don't know how you can mess with an automated call. I've never listened to it enough to get to what they ask you to do. I'm assuming it involves entering a credit card number or something, but probably not talking to a person.

I get a lot of scam calls from someone claiming to be FPL (the power company down here). The thing is, my cell is not at all in FPL's system. It's an actual person that calls, so I will call them out. I will say things like, "You're not from FPL. What kind of scam are you pulling? Why are you lying?" They usually hang up on me. One time, I acted all interested, and then told them, "Hold on, let me have you talk to my Federal Agent brother-in-law, as he handles the FPL bills." That got a very quick hang up. I was hoping they would note not to keep calling that number, but they do anyway, and it was getting boring calling them out, so I just blocked the number.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fake IRS Scam Calls Empty Re: Fake IRS Scam Calls

Post by Heat Miser 2018-07-26, 17:03

Yep, I just hang up & block the number.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)