Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bacon survey: How do you like your bacon cooked?

+13
WhiteBoyHatcher
Senior Dickfist
steveschneider
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
The Pantry
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How do you like it?

Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Vote_lcap0%Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Vote_lcap6%Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Vote_lcap29%Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Vote_lcap53%Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 9 ]
Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Vote_lcap12%Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Vote_lcap0%Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 17

Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Empty Bacon survey: How do you like your bacon cooked?

Post by DWags 2018-08-23, 10:35

I can't believe anybody would take #1 and i'm thinking some of you might take #6, but I'm a solid 4. 

Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Screen10

Last edited by DWags on 2018-08-23, 10:44; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Empty Re: Bacon survey: How do you like your bacon cooked?

Post by Guest 2018-08-23, 10:39

I would be in that 4-5 range.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Empty Re: Bacon survey: How do you like your bacon cooked?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 10:41

I'm firmly between 3 and 4. Probably just a tad closer to 4 than 3.

so I'll go with 3.79.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-23, 10:41

This wife was/is putting it in the oven to cook it. Not the same as Grandma's cast iron skillet.

Still not motivated enough to stop the wife from making a real breakfast occasionally.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-08-23, 10:45

3 for me. Cooking all the fat out sucks.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-23, 10:46

Limp... like my dick.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-23, 10:47

AvgMSUJoe wrote:This wife was/is putting it in the oven to cook it. Not the same as Grandma's cast iron skillet.

Still not motivated enough to stop the wife from making a real breakfast occasionally.

Of all the fancy gadgets they have made for cooking, the cast iron skillet is still, by far, the best thing ever made.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-23, 10:48

Do any of you guys cook your eggs in the bacon grease?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 10:50

DWags wrote:Do any of you guys cook your eggs in the bacon grease?
I don't eat eggs.. they give me the heebie jeebies.

I have, however, cooked home fries in bacon grease.. with a chopped onion and diced garlic clove. Copious amounts of fresh cracked black pepper and a dash of sea salt.

you're welcome.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-23, 10:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I have, however, cooked home fries in bacon grease.. with a chopped onion and diced garlic clove. Copious amounts of fresh cracked black pepper and a dash of sea salt.

you're welcome.

Sounds great.  We had a bunch of the kids friends at the cottage a few years back, I cooked a ton of bacon one morning.  Had all kids of grease.  I told them that night I'd make two batches of popcorn, one regular and one with the bacon grease. They all thought it would be gross, it wasn't.  Pretty good actually.  I haven't done it again, cause I never have that much bacon grease.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 10:59

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

you're welcome.

Sounds great.  We had a bunch of the kids friends at the cottage a few years back, I cooked a ton of bacon one morning.  Had all kids of grease.  I told them that night I'd make two batches of popcorn, one regular and one with the bacon grease. They all thought it would be gross, it wasn't.  Pretty good actually.  I haven't done it again, cause I never have that much bacon grease.
yeah - I think bacon grease has a relatively low smoke point, so you have to know what you're doing. The popcorn sounds tasty.

with the potatoes, I'll often dice them up into maybe bite-size chunks.. boil them just for maybe 5 minutes or so.. to soften them - then toss them into the bacon grease to get the browning effect. If you cook them just right (it's often trial/error), you get a crispy, seasoned outside with a mashed potato consistency inside.

Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   361471007
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-08-23, 10:59

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 10:59

Floyd Robertson wrote:3.75
damn skippy.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-08-23, 11:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:3.75
damn skippy.

Doesn't really matter, I can't remember that last time I ate bacon. Maybe sometime in 2014. I like it, I just don't like dealing with the mess.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 11:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: damn skippy.

Doesn't really matter, I can't remember that last time I ate bacon. Maybe sometime in 2014. I like it, I just don't like dealing with the mess.
we don't do it often.. little bit more in the winter after shoveling snow or a good hike.. sometimes even for a salad or a BLT..

I do know I have an old coffee can in the cabinet over the stove, though, for bacon grease and drippings. You can take the boy out of the hills, but you can't take the hillbilly out of the boy.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-08-23, 11:13

Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   Kevin-bacon
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-23, 11:29

I do the drain most of the grease out and use some for flavor thing, my Dad used to do the full immersion treatment.

Another difference with Bob and I - I probably average 4-6 eggs a day, every day. You can have 3 eggs and bacon/sausage and stay under 500 calories for breakfast. Pretty hard to beat as long as you skip the toast/muffin/milk thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-08-23, 11:42

None of those options look like mine do when they come out of the microwave.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 12:12

LooseGoose wrote:

I do the drain most of the grease out and use some for flavor thing, my Dad used to do the full immersion treatment.

Another difference with Bob and I - I probably average 4-6 eggs a day, every day.  You can have 3 eggs and bacon/sausage and stay under 500 calories for breakfast.  Pretty hard to beat as long as you skip the toast/muffin/milk thing.
I try my best to cut out most breads, be it bagels, sandwich bread, English muffins, etc.

high protein is great.. esp. when combined with low sugar (especially processed sugar) - eggs just give me the squirms.

I will admit that sometimes I'll whip up a breakfast burrito.. crumbled up sausage, browned.. diced up onion.. some hot sauce from Founders Brewing.. and I will scramble an egg.. mix it all up, roll it up in a burrito and toast it in the oven.

at least then the egg is fairly diluted with the additional ingredients.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-23, 12:17

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-23, 12:19

chicken and eggs will save america after the apocalypse.     I don't even think Zombies eat eggs and chicken.  Just humans.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-08-23, 12:22

Usually right around 4. Maybe just a touch under, unless I'm not paying enough attention, in which case it might end up a 5.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-08-23, 12:34

LooseGoose wrote:

Another difference with Bob and I - I probably average 4-6 eggs a day, every day. You can have 3 eggs and bacon/sausage and stay under 500 calories for breakfast. Pretty hard to beat as long as you skip the toast/muffin/milk thing.

Found a picture of Goose...

Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   2c252438a98a19e52f33efb9fbd63821
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-23, 13:14

lol,that's close. When I get under 3 dozen in the fridge I get a little nervous.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 13:42

LooseGoose wrote:lol,that's close. When I get under 3 dozen in the fridge I get a little nervous.
Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Found a picture of Goose...

Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   2c252438a98a19e52f33efb9fbd63821
Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 13:43

LooseGoose wrote:lol,that's close. When I get under 3 dozen in the fridge I get a little nervous.
do you get your cholesterol checked regularly?

if not, you might want to.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-23, 14:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

yeah - I think bacon grease has a relatively low smoke point, so you have to know what you're doing. The popcorn sounds tasty.

with the potatoes, I'll often dice them up into maybe bite-size chunks.. boil them just for maybe 5 minutes or so.. to soften them - then toss them into the bacon grease to get the browning effect. If you cook them just right (it's often trial/error), you get a crispy, seasoned outside with a mashed potato consistency inside.

Bacon survey:  How do you like your bacon cooked?   361471007

My mom was and is a terrible cook. The concept of a low smoke point would be lost on her. Rewind 45 years and I was always the kid in class who smelled like burnt bacon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-23, 14:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
do you get your cholesterol checked regularly?

Bob? Much like butter and salt all those warnings about eggs were mostly bunk.

So even if eggs cause mild increases in Total and LDL cholesterol levels, this is not a cause for concern (21, 22, 23). The science is clear that up to 3 whole eggs per day are perfectly safe for healthy people who are trying to stay healthy. Bottom Line:Eggs consistently raise HDL (the “good”) cholesterol.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-23, 14:09

I’m a 5.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 14:36

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: do you get your cholesterol checked regularly?

Bob?   Much like butter and salt all those warnings about eggs were mostly bunk.  

So even if eggs cause mild increases in Total and LDL cholesterol levels, this is not a cause for concern (21, 22, 23). The science is clear that up to 3 whole eggs per day are perfectly safe for healthy people who are trying to stay healthy. Bottom Line:Eggs consistently raise HDL (the “good”) cholesterol.

if you trust the government, live it up, dude.

Just trying to help.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-08-23, 15:02

I'm a solid 4, both with my bacon and my looks to the ladies.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-23, 15:12

Goose if you are watching cals try out a massive egg white omelette with diced ham. You can fill yourself up for most of the day on < 200 calories.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-08-23, 15:17

Anyone that dumps the bacon grease before putting the eggs in to fry should be slapped
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-23, 15:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Goose if you are watching cals try out a massive egg white omelette with diced ham. You can fill yourself up for most of the day on < 200 calories.

I've been doing some of that. Mostly eating eggs, fresh fruit, fresh veggies, whatever I can buy from roadside stands around here. I've never dieted in my life but I've been counting since April and it's pretty enlightening.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 15:24

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Goose if you are watching cals try out a massive egg white omelette with diced ham. You can fill yourself up for most of the day on < 200 calories.

I've been doing some of that. Mostly eating eggs, fresh fruit, fresh veggies, whatever I can buy from roadside stands around here. I've never dieted in my life but I've been counting since April and it's pretty enlightening.
you should go for a brisk walk.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-08-23, 15:28

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: do you get your cholesterol checked regularly?

Bob? Much like butter and salt all those warnings about eggs were mostly bunk.

Goose = Lenny
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-23, 15:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bob?   Much like butter and salt all those warnings about eggs were mostly bunk.  

Just trying to help.

Well I grew up eating lots of eggs so the gubmint had little to do with it. My grandma used to keep around 100 chickens so eggs were always abundant. Of course I should have paid attention to their early demise at 95 and 102, that's a pretty solid warning.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 15:49

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Just trying to help.

Well I grew up eating lots of eggs so the gubmint had little to do with it.   My grandma used to keep around 100 chickens so eggs were always abundant.   Of course I should have paid attention to their early demise at 95 and 102, that's a pretty solid warning.
I don't think I was blessed with your clearly superior genes.

I'm a lean, fit, aerobic machine.. I work pretty hard (gotta work hard at something, I guess) - but I suspect I'll get hit by a bus.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-23, 15:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Well I grew up eating lots of eggs so the gubmint had little to do with it.   My grandma used to keep around 100 chickens so eggs were always abundant.   Of course I should have paid attention to their early demise at 95 and 102, that's a pretty solid warning.
I don't think I was blessed with your clearly superior genes.

I'm a lean, fit, aerobic machine.. I work pretty hard (gotta work hard at something, I guess) - but I suspect I'll get hit by a bus.

Well....it's a mixed bag. On the other side my grandfather was dead at 48....and none of his 4 brothers made it past 50. Although the next generation all made it into their late 70s.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-23, 16:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

you should go for a brisk walk.

Will you walk with me? I'll be wearing my tactical kilt.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next