Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The brakes on my bike just gave out on a hill

+6
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
10 posters

Go down

The brakes on my bike just gave out on a hill Empty The brakes on my bike just gave out on a hill

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-26, 00:00

What a rush!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The brakes on my bike just gave out on a hill Empty Re: The brakes on my bike just gave out on a hill

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-26, 00:14

Sweet story Bill.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The brakes on my bike just gave out on a hill Empty Re: The brakes on my bike just gave out on a hill

Post by The Pantry 2018-08-26, 00:37

After crash pics or it didn't happen.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-26, 01:15

The Pantry wrote:After crash pics or it didn't happen.

Somehow stopped with the bottom of my fucking shoes - thankful the next light was green. Fuck. Me! Was way too high for that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-26, 01:16

Another reason to wear a helmet.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-08-26, 02:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
The Pantry wrote:After crash pics or it didn't happen.

Somehow stopped with the bottom of my fucking shoes - thankful the next light was green. Fuck. Me! Was way too high for that.
Was it like this?

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2018-08-26, 04:21

Bike problems? Might want to call Bob.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-26, 06:44

pulling69 wrote:Bike problems? Might want to call Bob.
any idiot (even myself) can fix clinch brakes.

Disc brakes might be a different story. I doubt he's rockin' disc brakes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 08:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Another reason to wear a helmet.

A helmet stops you from biking while high?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-26, 08:42

The Pantry wrote:

Was it like this?

The brakes on my bike just gave out on a hill 502811600 Perfect.

Bob, I put the wire back where it belongs and that didn’t really work.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-08-26, 10:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Who cares
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-26, 10:40

The Pantry wrote:
Was it like this?

The brakes on my bike just gave out on a hill 502811600 Perfect.

Bob, I put the wire back where it belongs and that didn’t really work.
you'll need to tighten the clinching bracket evenly on both sides of the rims. There is sort of a "sweet spot" that, often, is a trial and error where they don't touch the rim when not applying the brakes and then fully clenching when brakes are applied.

Stoners might not have the patience and attention span necessary to complete this procedure.

Having the right tools is helpful, as well.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-08-26, 11:14

Just slap some hydraulic disc brakes on it and be done with it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-26, 14:00

This is weird because yesterday I was waking with my wife and baby down a hill in our town and a kid came flying up behind us with his foot dragging and as he zooms past he goes “SORRY I DONT HAVE BRAKES!” True story.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-28, 00:28

Only semi related since it involves bikes.   Spent the last couple nights up at Burt Lake State Park.   So many young kids riding their bikes around and around.   Each kitted out with their safety helmets.

Made me think about the changes since I was a kid.   Now the bicyclists wear helmets and the motorcyclists don't.   Oh and I think they changed Hersheys chocolate, the S'Mores sucked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-28, 00:43

Rocinante wrote:This is weird because yesterday I was waking with my wife and baby down a hill in our town and a kid came flying up behind us with his foot dragging and as he zooms past he goes “SORRY I DONT HAVE BRAKES!” True story.

The brakes on my bike just gave out on a hill 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-28, 06:31

LooseGoose wrote:Only semi related since it involves bikes.   Spent the last couple nights up at Burt Lake State Park.   So many young kids riding their bikes around and around.   Each kitted out with their safety helmets.

Made me think about the changes since I was a kid.   Now the bicyclists wear helmets and the motorcyclists don't.   Oh and I think they changed Hersheys chocolate, the S'Mores sucked.
I wear a helmet 100% of the time.

If adults want to take the risk, that's fine. We have the right to be stupid. However, they should at least show concern for their own children.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-28, 08:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Only semi related since it involves bikes.   Spent the last couple nights up at Burt Lake State Park.   So many young kids riding their bikes around and around.   Each kitted out with their safety helmets.

I wear a helmet 100% of the time.

If adults want to take the risk, that's fine. We have the right to be stupid. However, they should at least show concern for their own children.

I agree, it would be better if they didn't even ride those dangerous things. Maybe we could work together on designing a fully padded suit for bicycling?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-28, 08:37

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I wear a helmet 100% of the time.

I agree, it would be better if they didn't even ride those dangerous things. Maybe we could work together on designing a fully padded suit for bicycling?
if that's how you want to spend your time, I think you should.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-28, 08:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

if that's how you want to spend your time, I think you should.

Nah, I think I'll spend my time more productively by endlessly repeating myself on random message boards.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-08-28, 08:49

Thoughts and prayers
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-28, 08:55

Death Roe wrote:Thoughts and prayers

Aren't you clever and cute.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-28, 09:07

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if that's how you want to spend your time, I think you should.

Nah, I think I'll spend my time more productively by endlessly repeating myself on random message boards.
that's cool too.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-28, 09:07

Death Roe wrote:Thoughts and prayers
The brakes on my bike just gave out on a hill 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down