Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dimitrius Underwood highlights?

+5
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Bill Cain
9 posters

Go down

Dimitrius Underwood highlights? Empty Dimitrius Underwood highlights?

Post by Bill Cain 2018-09-27, 05:07

Guy was drafted in the first round. He was before my time, but for those who remember what was he like on the field? Was he disruptive or was he just a raw freak of nature that was drafted basically because of his combine stats?

Obviously, he wasn’t on the right side of things off the field.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Dimitrius Underwood highlights? Empty Re: Dimitrius Underwood highlights?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-09-27, 05:12

This is what you're thinking about at 5:07 AM?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-09-27, 05:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:This is what you're thinking about at 5:07 AM?

Why are you awake? I’m taking a break from my schoolwork. At least I have an excuse other than “waking up early so i can take my dog for a walk”
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-09-27, 05:37

Bill Cain wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:This is what you're thinking about at 5:07 AM?

Why are you awake? I’m taking a break from my schoolwork. At least I have an excuse other than “waking up early so i can take my dog for a walk”
I get up around 4:45 every morning to go run.

Heading out now.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-27, 07:55

Bill Cain = Dimitrius Underwood confirmed.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-09-27, 08:54

So Bill Cain is dead?

Dimitrius sat directly in front of me in IAH 201. I don't think he said a word all semester to anyone. He did attend class, though. 

I don't think he had a whole lot of on field highlights. I think he was drafted mostly for his size and athleticism.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-09-27, 08:55

My bad, I thought he was dead. I remember a stabbing incident. Still alive apparently.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-27, 08:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:So Bill Cain is dead?

Dimitrius sat directly in front of me in IAH 201. I don't think he said a word all semester to anyone. He did attend class, though. 

I don't think he had a whole lot of on field highlights. I think he was drafted mostly for his size and athleticism.

Pretty sure Underwood is still alive. He attempted suicide years ago, but unless I missed it he's still among the living.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-09-27, 09:05

Found this from the LA Times in 1999.

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/oct/09/sports/sp-20443

Dimitrius Underwood highlights? PixelSept. 26: At 1 p.m., Lansing officers find Underwood walking down the street with a serious neck wound.
Not playing because of a shoulder injury, Underwood had flown from Miami to Detroit that weekend. Instead of taking his connecting flight to Lansing on Saturday night, however, he hired a limo driver, a woman who grew so concerned with Underwood's ramblings en route she pulled into a Lansing fire station.

A police computer check found a warrant outstanding on Underwood, who was delinquent on a $34 child-support payment for his 17-month-old twins.
Free to leave after posting bail, Underwood instead stayed in his cell and talked to another inmate for 90 minutes.
The next morning, according to police reports, Underwood and Chasity Dyer, the mother of the couple's twins, got into an argument at her Lansing townhome.
Dyer, concerned, phoned Underwood's sister. It was while on the phone that Underwood reportedly cut himself with a steak knife.
Questioned later, Underwood did not remember what happened.
Donnie Jones, Dyer's stepfather, drove Underwood to the hospital but, en route, Underwood jumped out of the car and was soon apprehended by police. Underwood reportedly said, "You are Satan and you're going to hell," and "I want to be saved, I want to meet God."
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-09-27, 13:25

IAH 201

I don't even remember what I learned from my IAH class. Just remember reading a lot of historical fiction novels. Papers were easy to get an A in.

I loved having to get up for the required Friday morning recitation that started at 8am though. Especially when most of your friends were finished with their classes by Thursday night and wanted to get blasted or go out. Recitation attendance was mandatory Dimitrius Underwood highlights? 294152859. If you had a certain amount of absences for the recitation on Friday they'd deduct points off your grade and/or fail you if you missed too many.

Lectures were a treat though. Having to travel to the opposite side of campus just to watch some crazy loon pace back and forth. If you attended the recitation you'd be fine. Don't remember a single thing the professor said. Then again it was many years ago
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-09-27, 13:49

Bill Cain wrote:
IAH 201

I don't even remember what I learned from my IAH class. Just remember reading a lot of historical fiction novels. Papers were easy to get an A in.

I loved having to get up for the required Friday morning recitation that started at 8am though. Especially when most of your friends were finished with their classes by Thursday night and wanted to get blasted or go out. Recitation attendance was mandatory Dimitrius Underwood highlights? 294152859. If you had a certain amount of absences for the recitation on Friday they'd deduct points off your grade and/or fail you if you missed too many.

Lectures were a treat though. Having to travel to the opposite side of campus just to watch some crazy loon pace back and forth. If you attended the recitation you'd be fine. Don't remember a single thing the professor said. Then again it was many years ago
You don't know how good you had it.

Myself and most of my buddies had IAH201 the very first semester of it's existence (it was a new required class that they created when MSU switched from quarters to semesters in the fall of 92, and we were sophomores then, which was the primary group that it was designed for). It was bad. Really bad. Like national news bad. Newsweek did a little thing on it, and called it The Worst College Course in the Nation. Worth noting for you young bucks that in 1992, there was not really an internet to speak of, so this was in actual print as real news, not part of some click bait listicle that they have an intern write and post online that costs the publication nothing.

They changed the class a LOT the following year, not to mention subsequent years. You're welcome.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-09-27, 17:05

Underwood was like every D-lineman in the Saban era. Physical freak and total headcase. Underwood, Thompson, Newkirk, Robaire Smith. All of them shared similar career arcs; they'd flash just enough of their potential to leave you wanting more but none, except for maybe Smith, did it consistently over multiple games across different seasons. Until 1999... Saban got those guys to all row in the same direction just long enough to get the fuck outta Dodge but, my god, was it beautiful while it lasted.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2018-09-27, 18:45

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Bill Cain wrote:

You don't know how good you had it.

Myself and most of my buddies had IAH201 the very first semester of it's existence (it was a new required class that they created when MSU switched from quarters to semesters in the fall of 92, and we were sophomores then, which was the primary group that it was designed for). It was bad. Really bad. Like national news bad. Newsweek did a little thing on it, and called it The Worst College Course in the Nation. Worth noting for you young bucks that in 1992, there was not really an internet to speak of, so this was in actual print as real news, not part of some click bait listicle that they have an intern write and post online that costs the publication nothing.

They changed the class a LOT the following year, not to mention subsequent years. You're welcome.

I hated IAH 201. My instructor was femi-nazi who tailored the class to inform us how all white men were the scum of the earth. Sorry for continuing the off topic posts...
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2018-09-28, 14:31

Clarett's Folly wrote:Underwood was like every D-lineman in the Saban era. Physical freak and total headcase. Underwood, Thompson, Newkirk, Robaire Smith. All of them shared similar career arcs; they'd flash just enough of their potential to leave you wanting more but none, except for maybe Smith, did it consistently over multiple games across different seasons. Until 1999... Saban got those guys to all row in the same direction just long enough to get the fuck outta Dodge but, my god, was it beautiful while it lasted.

the same robaire smith who played 11 years in the NFL?
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-09-28, 14:41

Banks2Mason wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:Underwood was like every D-lineman in the Saban era. Physical freak and total headcase. Underwood, Thompson, Newkirk, Robaire Smith. All of them shared similar career arcs; they'd flash just enough of their potential to leave you wanting more but none, except for maybe Smith, did it consistently over multiple games across different seasons. Until 1999... Saban got those guys to all row in the same direction just long enough to get the fuck outta Dodge but, my god, was it beautiful while it lasted.

the same robaire smith who played 11 years in the NFL?

The same.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-09-28, 15:16

I did a shot with Robaire, Mateen and Jon Garavaglia at Dublin Square a few years ago. Garavaglia paid. I have no idea why or how I was talking to those guys and they bought me a shot.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-28, 15:20

Just about every time I went to Revere's (RIP) I would run into Mike Peplowski. I think he lived there.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-28, 16:21

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Just about every time I went to Revere's (RIP) I would run into Mike Peplowski. I think he lived there.

I was surprised to hear Revere’s was a gay bar. Never knew that until very late in its life. Never once set foot in there, which was strange, because I was so enamored with it as my family would drive past when I was very young.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down