Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non (actually anti) gambler with question for you gamblers

+3
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
TheReal_LWS
7 posters

Go down

Non (actually anti) gambler with question for you gamblers Empty Non (actually anti) gambler with question for you gamblers

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:13 am

So on the way home last night on 97.1 I heard an ad where a dude was saying "call this number for a free lock for tonight's MNF game".

So here are my questions:

1) How do these gambling tip guys make money? Do they only get paid if you win? Or do they get a fee even if they give you bum advice?
2) How often do their locks of the week actually hit? And if it is fairly consistent doesn't that mean that you don't win much since everyone would have access to the same tip?
3) Isn't it true that if you have to rely on an 800 number tip line that you probably shouldn't be gambling to begin with?

Seems like a shady business centered on a shady business.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Non (actually anti) gambler with question for you gamblers Empty Re: Non (actually anti) gambler with question for you gamblers

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:38 am

They give out both sides hoping the half that get the winner come back for more. They sell picks for subscriptions.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Non (actually anti) gambler with question for you gamblers Empty Re: Non (actually anti) gambler with question for you gamblers

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:48 am

Anti gambler huh? 0-70 make you that way? Non (actually anti) gambler with question for you gamblers 502811600

Jesus hates liars and gamblers, Bee.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:51 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They give out both sides hoping the half that get the winner come back for more. They sell picks for subscriptions.

So in other words, they are snake-oil sales men.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:56 am

Please tell me you're not really this dumb. Tell me you already know the answer.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 am

kingstonlake wrote:Please tell me you're not really this dumb. Tell me you already know the answer.....

Well, he hasn't got one pick right all year in the pick em thread. I think he is that dumb.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:18 am

TheReal_LWS wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They give out both sides hoping the half that get the winner come back for more. They sell picks for subscriptions.

They are the worst.

I mean common sense. If these guys were that good, why are they selling picks? If you can hit 60% of your picks at a sustained pace you would be a billionaire with a basic money management strategy.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:23 am

kingstonlake wrote:Please tell me you're not really this dumb. Tell me you already know the answer.....

I have never placed a bet in my life. So I think ignorant is the more correct word. Thanks for your participation in my thread.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:23 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

They are the worst.

I mean common sense. If these guys were that good, why are they selling picks? If you can hit 60% of your picks at a sustained pace you would be a billionaire with a basic money management strategy.

Kind of what I was thinking.

Seems like this kind of thing would be illegal.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:27 am

Don’t tread on me with that legal and illegal talk nonsense LWS.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:30 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Don’t tread on me with that legal and illegal talk nonsense LWS.

Huh? You sell picks under the guise of being right at a high percentage?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:50 am

They remind me of televangelist.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:58 am

You suck lws

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:01 am

Come on dude. Delete that shit. This isn't the place for it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 am

MSU addict wrote:They remind me of televangelist.

Agreed, 100%.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Come on dude. Delete that shit. This isn't the place for it.

Joe is good for two things. Poop pictures, and turning every thread into a political rant.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:43 am

No but selling opinions should not be illegal lws
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:44 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:No but selling opinions should not be illegal lws

What about false advertising?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down