Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wolverine Hype Machine

+7
MiamiSpartan
Wally Fairway
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
steveschneider
11 posters

Go down

The Wolverine Hype Machine Empty The Wolverine Hype Machine

Post by steveschneider Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:13 am

So just because these assholes have beaten up a few terrible teams why does everyone think they are playoff contenders? Is it because they play in that shit hole stadium and have winged helmets? I seriously don’t get it. Our common opponent is NW and guess what UofM almost lost that game too.

UofM hasn’t beaten anyone as good as Penn State. I’m not saying we will win but we have a really good chance Saturday and I can’t believe none of these so called experts are giving us a shot. Fuck that shit! We have the better coach. The record speaks for itself. Our team is going to show up ready, they are going to line up against those jack asses and they are going to battle with all of their might for the Paul Bunyan Tropy. Hey experts, take the Michigan myth and stuff it up your ass!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The Wolverine Hype Machine Empty Re: The Wolverine Hype Machine

Post by NigelUno Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:34 am

It got shoved.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:51 am

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:53 am

steveschneider wrote:Is it because they play in that shit hole stadium and have winged helmets?

Yes, I think it mostly is. It never ceases to amaze me how eager the local and national media and CFB world is to anoint them as a Championship contender. Despite the same exact thing happening every year, and Michigan never living up to the hype.

Embrace it. This is the fuel that feeds Coach D and the team, and it's going to serve them well on Saturday.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:38 am

I've been saying all year that this is the best team they've had under Harbaugh. And while that's kinda like being the tallest guy at the short people convention, it's probably true.

that said, I agree with Steve that they still haven't really beaten a good team. I know Wisconsin had some early season hype - but lost in Camp Randall to an unranked BYU team, and I suspect they've got at least another loss or two in their future.

So, yeah.. if UM rolls in here tomorrow and takes over all facets of the game in a hostile environment against their in-state rival, I'll give them their due credit.

But I'm not buying into the hype just yet, either.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:46 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Is it because they play in that shit hole stadium and have winged helmets?

Yes, I think it mostly is. It never ceases to amaze me how eager the local and national media and CFB world is to anoint them as a Championship contender. Despite the same exact thing happening every year, and Michigan never living up to the hype.

Embrace it. This is the fuel that feeds Coach D and the team, and it's going to serve them well on Saturday.

In all of my years of following sports I've never seen a hype machine quite like Michigans. If they do nothing (the offseason), or a play a month of their schedule against weak teams the amount of praise showered on them is completely out of proportion with their accomplishments.

It's unreal. I'm looking at that NW game for both Mich and MSU, and I think Coach D did the necessary steps to improve since that game. I really think a sober rational analyst would call this a close game with MSU having a really good shot at pulling it off.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:50 am

Driving to work, I tuned in the WJR conversation with Coach D. They started to talk about tomorrow's weather - cold, windy, chance of rain.
Coach D made one comment and one comment only "there is a storm coming"

got me so fired up that I'm going to drive over to Bob's garage at lunch and punch a hole in the wall
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:51 am

Wally Fairway wrote:Driving to work, I tuned in the WJR conversation with Coach D. They started to talk about tomorrow's weather - cold, windy, chance of rain.

got me so fired up that I'm going to drive over to Bob's garage at lunch and punch a hole in the wall
The Wolverine Hype Machine 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:57 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've been saying all year that this is the best team they've had under Harbaugh. And while that's kinda like being the tallest guy at the short people convention, it's probably true.

that said, I agree with Steve that they still haven't really beaten a good team. I know Wisconsin had some early season hype - but lost in Camp Randall to an unranked BYU team, and I suspect they've got at least another loss or two in their future.

So, yeah.. if UM rolls in here tomorrow and takes over all facets of the game in a hostile environment against their in-state rival, I'll give them their due credit.

But I'm not buying into the hype just yet, either.

For UofM this game is a big test and an opportunity for them to step forward. The praise needs to be earned, it never is for this team. They hide in a soft schedule and the hype machine generates unearned praise.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:58 am

Wally Fairway wrote:Driving to work, I tuned in the WJR conversation with Coach D. They started to talk about tomorrow's weather - cold, windy, chance of rain.

The dude flat out has wheel barrow balls. Just reading that has me even more fired up for the game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 am

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

In all of my years of following sports I've never seen a hype machine quite like Michigans. If they do nothing (the offseason), or a play a month of their schedule against weak teams the amount of praise showered on them is completely out of proportion with their accomplishments.

It's unreal. I'm looking at that NW game for both Mich and MSU, and I think Coach D did the necessary steps to improve since that game. I really think a sober rational analyst would call this a close game with MSU having a really good shot at pulling it off.

There is no huge disparity between these teams, despite what the media/hype machine is feeding everyone. The biggest question is whether we have the bodies at WR and on the OL. But you know MSU will bring their A game, best effort of the year. And you know we're going to stop the run which is going to keep us in the game. It's going to be a close game as it almost always is.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:10 am

Jesus, even reading that comment gives me a boner.  It's probably best I didn't actually hear it.

MSU has beaten Michigan 8 of the last 10.  

MSU has beaten Top 10 opponents 10 of the last 15 games (I forget if that stat was before or after PSU).

UM has NOT beaten a Top 25 team on the road in 11 years.

UM has NOT beaten an MSU team that finished the regular season with a winning record in 11 years (not that we are a lock for a winning record, but we should be back on pace for that after last week).

It's ok if they think this year is going to be different, but how do they have so much bravado after the last decade.  I guess I just have trouble comprehending such a level of arrogance.

Maybe they reverse all of the trends and actually win.  Credit to them if they do (not really, I still won't give them credit).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:12 am

I told my in-laws in 2016 that a coach needs to win big in his fourth year, with all of his own guys, or else it's curtains for that coaching gig.

Year four is here, and his team looks pretty solid, so we'll see.

Nevertheless, I'm so fucking pumped for tomorrow.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:51 am

Chase Winovich is really good. I'm anxious to see what we have to try to keep him off Lewerke and how we establish our running game with him on the field. It's possible, one player can't do it all but I respect the hell out of his game.

He also took the loss last year really bad and he's hungry for this Saturday. He's the main story line that concerns me about the Wolverines.

Shea is #2, he's probably the best QB the put up against us since Chad Henne. Given how we did against PSU I think we can disrupt his game. I agree with you Roe I can't wait for the noon kickoff.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:59 am

Agree on Winovich. He's the one guy who has impressed me when I've watched. Hopefully Chewins is fully healthy and they line him up at RDE.

I'm meh on Patterson. Throws an accurate ball on the run. Has some wheels if he gets in the open field. We will be ready for the read-option, though, and we contained McSorley, who is a lot better than Shea Patterson imo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:02 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Agree on Winovich. He's the one guy who has impressed me when I've watched. Hopefully Chewins is fully healthy and they line him up at RDE.

I'm meh on Patterson. Throws an accurate ball on the run. Has some wheels if he gets in the open field. We will be ready for the read-option, though, and we contained McSorley, who is a lot better than Shea Patterson imo.
I'd like to see Bachie get a good solid shot at Sheanard tomorrow.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:03 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Agree on Winovich. He's the one guy who has impressed me when I've watched. Hopefully Chewins is fully healthy and they line him up at RDE.

Yeah, I'm going all transitive property on this one. We did great against McSorley. McSorley >>>> Patterson

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:11 am

Sheanard

The Wolverine Hype Machine 502811600

I had not heard that one.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:47 am

While I agree on Winovich, realize that he hasn't had a sack since Gary has been missing. But if he can go, I expect Gary to play some tomorrow (but who knows since injury reports don't exist)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:54 am

Rocinante wrote:
Sheanard

The Wolverine Hype Machine 502811600

I had not heard that one.
I can't take credit for it.. I read it somewhere online a few weeks ago. The Wolverine Hype Machine 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:

While I agree on Winovich, realize that he hasn't had a sack since Gary has been missing. But if he can go, I expect Gary to play some tomorrow (but who knows since injury reports don't exist)

Interesting note.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Douchebag Cowherd is sucking douchebag Harbaighs dick. Says UM gonna beat MSU 28-20.

I hate them both.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:14 pm

Rocinante wrote:Douchebag Cowherd is sucking douchebag Harbaighs dick. Says UM gonna beat MSU 28-20.

I hate them both.

I watched an interview with him and Norm MacDonald and another with Bill Burr. Couldn't stand what I saw. He was talking to both like he's some expert on comedy. I haven't seen any of his sports episodes but he seems awful.

I don't like the Dan Patrick or Eisen show either. I don't get the draw to these shows at all.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:34 pm

Its no accident that the OL looked the best it has this year last week against PSU. Chewins played a lot of snaps at LT. I think it was by design to slowly work him in until the gauntlet of our schedule got here. Coaches wanted him fully healthy for October and November.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:39 pm

By-Tor wrote:Its no accident that the OL looked the best it has this year last week against PSU. Chewins played a lot of snaps at LT. I think it was by design to slowly work him in until the gauntlet of our schedule got here. Coaches wanted him fully healthy for October and November.
I am hoping you are right, I think the OL is the key to winning tomorrow. Get the running game going so it isn't all on Lewerke and who ever they pull off the street to play receiver, the D will do the rest.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down