Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..

+22
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
GRR Spartan
msugolfguy
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dendrobates
Dr. Strangelove
InTenSity
DWags
26 posters

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-23, 10:06

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I'm gonna stand by my theory. The more she steps in it, the more she jeopardizes the independent vote swing in 2020. I don't want it to come across as telling a woman to shut her mouth but she has to realize everything she says is news now. Everything. Like it or not she may end up being the face of the left and what the right runs against, trying to take all the focus away from Trump. Every single word will be a board in the platform that the right runs against. You cannot afford to lose independent or swing voters because of a freshman congresswoman. Her quote on climate change paints her as a far left wacko.

We do not make decisions based on fear of how the wingnuts might react. Fuck them.

Words have consequences. Not saying it's right or its wrong. Its just the way it is. I need something from AOC other than words. Show us a bill you got passed. Show me a bill you sponsored, show me legislation you've introduced or authored. You were elected to make a difference. Words don't do that. Show me something. When Pelosi says something it carries weight because she has a track record to back her words. All I'm saying is lets make sure we learned a lesson from 2016 and campaigning with words.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 10:12

kingstonlake wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

We do not make decisions based on fear of how the wingnuts might react. Fuck them.

Words have consequences. Not saying it's right or its wrong. Its just the way it is. I need something from AOC other than words. Show us a bill you got passed. Show me a bill you sponsored, show me legislation you've introduced or authored. You were elected to make a difference. Words don't do that. Show me something. When Pelosi says something it carries weight because she has a track record to back her words. All I'm saying is lets make sure we learned a lesson from 2016 and campaigning with words.
not for republicans.

that's why all Democrats face an uphill battle.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 10:16

more hate from the GOP and media..

On Fox Business, Ben Stein compares Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s rhetoric to Hitler, warns about mass murder and genocide.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-23, 11:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

not for republicans.

Bob, Democrats are not trying to flip Trumps base in 2020. Let that go.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-01-23, 11:36

Before I see another person post about the intelligence of Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, let's get a few things straight.

*In high school, she won the International Science Fair for her project studying the effects of antioxidants on microbes

*She had a fellowship at Boston University

*She graduated cum laude from Boston U.

*She started her own publishing company and worked as a bartender to help pay her and her mother's bills following the death of her father

*She is the youngest woman ever elected to Congress, beating out an entrenched and wealthy Democrat that had the full backing of the national party

*The grand total of her mistakes and misstatements during her brief time in Congress would be considered a slow Tuesday morning at The Hamberdler's White House.

At this point, if you earn less than $1 million per year, AOC is pretty much the only person in Congress from either side fighting your fight. Don't fall for the BS from the wealthy who are worried about losing their tax breaks, or the BS from the dudes who can't tolerate a smart, assertive woman.

And unless you've accomplished at least two of the things above, I'd ease back on the "AOC is dumb" posts. Because we all know she's smarter than you.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2019-01-23, 11:45

She's been tweeting way too much and it's filling my TL on Twitter. She needs to follow GEOTUS's example and limit her tweets to like 10 a day.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 12:24

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: not for republicans.

Bob, Democrats are not trying to flip Trumps base in 2020.  Let that go.
I know.. but when the media ramps up attacks on things like Hillary's email account and all of the evil associated with it, it creates a dynamic that promotes voter apathy.. like "well, I'll just not vote".. or "I'll vote for the lesser of two evils".

really? bragging about sexually assaulting women.. the mocking of disabled people.. the mocking of POW's.. a history of racism, bigotry and bankruptcy.. is the "lesser of two evils" as compared to someone who mismanaged an email account?

so I know that Democrats aren't trying to court the mouth-breathing, racist knuckle-draggers - but when the media gives the GOP cover while consistently attacking whoever the Democrat candidate might be, it dampens the playing field.. and an already stupid America is likely to just tune it all out and go back to Facebook or NASCAR.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-01-23, 12:26; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 12:25

Heat Miser wrote:
Before I see another person post about the intelligence of Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, let's get a few things straight.

*In high school, she won the International Science Fair for her project studying the effects of antioxidants on microbes

*She started her own publishing company and worked as a bartender to help pay her and her mother's bills following the death of her father

*She is the youngest woman ever elected to Congress, beating out an entrenched and wealthy Democrat that had the full backing of the national party

*The grand total of her mistakes and misstatements during her brief time in Congress would be considered a slow Tuesday morning at The Hamberdler's White House.

At this point, if you earn less than $1 million per year, AOC is pretty much the only person in Congress from either side fighting your fight. Don't fall for the BS from the wealthy who are worried about losing their tax breaks, or the BS from the dudes who can't tolerate a smart, assertive woman.

And unless you've accomplished at least two of the things above, I'd ease back on the "AOC is dumb" posts. Because we all know she's smarter than you.
well.. she's a) brown and b) a female.. so, yeah..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-23, 12:30

Heat Miser wrote:

Copying this. Stirring up my right wing acquaintances on Facebook
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-01-23, 12:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:more hate from the GOP and media..

On Fox Business, Ben Stein compares Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s rhetoric to Hitler, warns about mass murder and genocide.

Then why do connies get apoplectic when others compare the GOP and Trump's tactics today with Hitler's in 1938?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-23, 13:08

I wish people on all sides could come up with better arguments than “this person is like hitler” and “yeah well this person is like Stalin” but alas... people are pretty stupid
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-23, 13:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wish people on all sides could come up with better arguments than “this person is like hitler” and “yeah well this person is like Stalin” but alas... people are pretty stupid

Shut up, Ceausescu.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-23, 13:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wish people on all sides could come up with better arguments than “this person is like hitler” and “yeah well this person is like Stalin” but alas... people are pretty stupid

Shut up, Ceausescu.

Keep picking on Travis and I’m going to hurt you. Amin it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 13:15

I'd never compare the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator to Hitler.

Hitler actually won the popular vote.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-23, 13:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I'd never compare the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator to Hitler.

Hitler actually won the popular vote.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-01-23, 15:07

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:She said "Millennials and Gen Z and all these folks that come after us are looking up, and we're like, 'The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?'

That's not the same as saying "The world will end in 12 years if we don't address climate change."

Here:

1. We're really scared that Greenway's herpes will infect the board in 2019.

2. Greenway's herpes will infect the board in 2019.

Are those the same sentence?

Fake news.

Your post asserts that "The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change," =/= "The world will end in 12 years if we don't address climate change."

Either you didn't phrase that exactly how you intended to, or you are demonstrably incorrect.

No. Those are different statements. One is an example of the mindset of a subset of people. The other is a statement of fact.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-23, 15:25

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Your post asserts that "The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change," =/= "The world will end in 12 years if we don't address climate change."

Either you didn't phrase that exactly how you intended to, or you are demonstrably incorrect.

No. Those are different statements. One is an example of the mindset of a subset of people. The other is a statement of fact.

You might think that, but the only difference between the two is "is going to" being replaced with "will," so I think you need to reconfigure your phrasing if you are going to assert that those statements mean different things.

To use your example:

1) Greenway's herpes is going to infect the board in 2019, and we're scared.
2) Greenway's herpes will infect the board in 2019.

I don't see what your point is in differentiating those two. The first still makes a statement of fact about Greenway's herpes, just as both statements about global warming make a statement of fact that the world will end in 12 years if we don't address climate change.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 15:29

I just enjoy watching how a bright, educated, brown woman can drive the mainstream media and white elitists absolutely insane.

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 6 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-23, 15:33

THEY are scared of her.

BTW, Do these douchnuts know the tax rates were like that for decades and decades prior to Reagan?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-01-23, 18:45

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

You might think that, but the only difference between the two is "is going to" being replaced with "will," so I think you need to reconfigure your phrasing if you are going to assert that those statements mean different things.

To use your example:

1) Greenway's herpes is going to infect the board in 2019, and we're scared.
2) Greenway's herpes will infect the board in 2019.

I don't see what your point is in differentiating those two. The first still makes a statement of fact about Greenway's herpes, just as both statements about global warming make a statement of fact that the world will end in 12 years if we don't address climate change.

You’re leaving out the phrase “we’re like” which is what changes the meaning.

It depends on what the definition of “is” is.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-23, 19:04

1) We're like "Roc doesn't understand words."
2) Roc doesn't understand words.

Seems the same to me.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-23, 19:16

AvgMSUJoe wrote:THEY are scared of her.

BTW, Do these douchnuts know the tax rates were like that for decades and decades prior to Reagan?
America is a stupid country.

And a racist country.

Oh, and misogynistic, as well.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-01-24, 08:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:THEY are scared of her.

America is a stupid country.

And a racist country.

You really need to listen to more Lee Greenwood music to help you understand the underlying mechanics of Uhmerica.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-24, 08:36

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: America is a stupid country.

And a racist country.

You really need to listen to more Lee Greenwood music to help you understand the underlying mechanics of Uhmerica.
tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 6 98c886fffe4596d2e129243f73ccc19a

Bob Dylan wears Lee Greenwood pajamas..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-01-24, 08:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 6 98c886fffe4596d2e129243f73ccc19a

Bob Dylan wears Lee Greenwood pajamas..

Probably not on purpose.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-24, 12:05

Hysterical.

[tw]1088101312464445442[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-24, 12:24

I’m pretty comfortable with declaring an end to billionaires.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-24, 12:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m pretty comfortable with declaring an end to billionaires.

This point has merit.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-24, 12:36

steveschneider wrote:Hysterical.

breaking news: angry white guy doesn't like smart, independent brown female.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-24, 12:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m pretty comfortable with declaring an end to billionaires.
I"m down with it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-24, 12:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Hysterical.

breaking news: angry white guy doesn't like smart, independent brown female.

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 6 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-01-24, 13:20

[tw]1087722312168812551[/tw]
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-01-24, 13:22

Checkmate.

[tw]1088200188089565184[/tw]
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-29, 08:55

upstanding patriot Rush Limbaugh compares AOC to Hitler, Stalin, et al.

“Ben Stein tweets, ‘We have a society in which there are an awful lot of people who have no idea that Stalin, Hitler, Mao Zedong all came to power promising the same kinds of things that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is promising. And it led to mass murder, it led to dictatorship, it led to genocide,’” the radio host said during his show on Monday. “Now, what would you call that? All that is true, it's absolutely true, but it's not just Cortez. Folks, this is what the Democrat Party has become.”

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-29, 09:09

Just your average day of spreading fear and hate. No big deal.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-29, 09:14

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Just your average day of spreading fear and hate. No big deal.
I can't imagine waking up every morning filled with hate and being afraid to leave my house because brown people are coming for me.

I gotta give some of these folks credit, though - if they're into money, which is all that matters to them, I suspect, they certainly have hit the jackpot preying on intellectually and emotionally vulnerable republicans.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-01-29, 09:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:upstanding patriot Rush Limbaugh compares AOC to Hitler, Stalin, et al.

“Ben Stein tweets, ‘We have a society in which there are an awful lot of people who have no idea that Stalin, Hitler, Mao Zedong all came to power promising the same kinds of things that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is promising. And it led to mass murder, it led to dictatorship, it led to genocide,’” the radio host said during his show on Monday. “Now, what would you call that? All that is true, it's absolutely true, but it's not just Cortez. Folks, this is what the Democrat Party has become.”

Ben Stein? The Bueller guy? I knew he was conservative. Didn't know he was Wingnut.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-29, 09:19

Heat Miser wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:upstanding patriot Rush Limbaugh compares AOC to Hitler, Stalin, et al.

Ben Stein? The Bueller guy? I knew he was conservative. Didn't know he was Wingnut.
that's the problem - they're all paranoid, hate-filled wingnuts now.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-29, 09:50

the lead story on Fox News right now a warning about three brown women.. including AOC.. tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 6 502811600

they even include a scary image of them..

Caution: Mainstream Media link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-31, 13:40

Hey bob since I know you’re missing mainstream media links from fine conservative outlets here’s a tweet from one of our old favorites, the gateway pundit. He’s really really nailing how solar panels work in this one.

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 6 737cc810
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next