Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things the NFL does that make you say, WTF?

3 posters

Go down

Things the NFL does that make you say, WTF? Empty Things the NFL does that make you say, WTF?

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-12-07, 09:46

I guess you can't promote a charity that isn't a sponsor.
The league deemed Elliott’s touchdown celebration unsportsmanlike and docked him $13,369, the Dallas Morning News reported.
[tw]1066517437313622017[/tw]
Elliott blasts NFL after fine for post-TD donation to Salvation Army
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Things the NFL does that make you say, WTF? Empty Re: Things the NFL does that make you say, WTF?

Post by steveschneider 2018-12-07, 10:36

I.B. Fine wrote:I guess you can't promote a charity that isn't a sponsor.
The league deemed Elliott’s touchdown celebration unsportsmanlike and docked him $13,369, the Dallas Morning News reported.

That's corporate America for you. They have all sorts of advertisers that pay for exclusivities and air time so you can't have other brands getting free air time/mentions. IMO it's about protecting the value of the brand. I'm not saying I agree with this btw, I'm just stating what I believe is the rationale behind this move.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Things the NFL does that make you say, WTF? Empty Re: Things the NFL does that make you say, WTF?

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-12-07, 13:18

steveschneider wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:I guess you can't promote a charity that isn't a sponsor.

That's corporate America for you. They have all sorts of advertisers that pay for exclusivities and air time so you can't have other brands getting free air time/mentions. IMO it's about protecting the value of the brand. I'm not saying I agree with this btw, I'm just stating what I believe is the rationale behind this move.

I hear you, just seems like for consistency sake, they should also fine Jerry and the Cowboys organization for having those big ass kettles where they can be seen on TV.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-12-07, 13:24

Could probably bump this every day. Kareem Hunt picked up yet?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-12-07, 13:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Could probably bump this every day. Kareem Hunt picked up yet?
Wait 'til preseason, he'll get an offer, by then the NFL will have doled out their 'punishment' and he'll be rehabilitated. Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-12-07, 13:40

I.B. Fine wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Could probably bump this every day. Kareem Hunt picked up yet?
Wait 'til preseason, he'll get an offer, by then the NFL will have doled out their 'punishment' and he'll be rehabilitated. Wink

Like Ray Rice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down