Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What were your expectations going into this basketball season?

+9
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
DWags
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What were your expectations going into this basketball season? Empty What were your expectations going into this basketball season?

Post by duffy munn 2019-02-05, 22:07

If you would have told me 18-5 and 9-3 at this point I woulda been cool with it. Especially without Langford.

Now back to the regularly scheduled meltdown.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What were your expectations going into this basketball season? Empty Re: What were your expectations going into this basketball season?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-05, 22:19

I don’t fucking remember what my expectations were in October Duffy and neither do you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What were your expectations going into this basketball season? Empty Re: What were your expectations going into this basketball season?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-05, 22:22

Rolling Eyes simpleton logic. The wheels are coming off so you move the goal post. So illogical but sports fans gonna sports fans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-02-05, 22:23

I thought they would be in the top 4 in the Big Ten but that was before Langford’s foot injury.

What I didn’t expect was a 3 game losing streak beginning with Purdue at West Lafayette followed by losing to IU at home and the Illini on the road.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-05, 22:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Rolling Eyes simpleton logic. The wheels are coming off so you move the goal post. So illogical but sports fans gonna sports fans

I would have taken it otpt why aren’t you a good SPARTAN
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-02-05, 22:24

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t fucking remember what my expectations were in October Duffy and neither do you

I was excited thinking this team might be pretty good. I still think it is and can be. I certainly was not expecting a final four caliber team and they are not.

Sorry if you can't remember what you thought 4 months ago.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-05, 22:25

Also - who is melting down here? I’d say your illogical “well let’s move back in time and act like we didn’t just lose 3 in a row to average teams” post is the most indicative of a meltdown
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-02-05, 22:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Rolling Eyes simpleton logic. The wheels are coming off so you move the goal post. So illogical but sports fans gonna sports fans

What were your expectations and why do you have to be such a dick?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-05, 22:31

What if i told you if we started the season 18-2, 9-1 in the big ten and then lost to a 12-9 Indiana team who came in with 7 Ls in a row at home and then a 7-15 Illinois team with 30 turnovers

Huh? What if? What were your expectations going into this basketball season? 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-02-05, 22:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Also - who is melting down here? I’d say your illogical “well let’s move back in time and act like we didn’t just lose 3 in a row to average teams” post is the most indicative of a meltdown

Losing to Purdue on the road was not a surprise. They are hardly an average team. Losing to IU at home is awful. I'm also not shocked at losing to Illinois on the road, I figured their defensive pressure would be an issue.

Now, OTPT, care to address the premise of the thread?

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-05, 22:33

We didn’t get Stew Man because you expect too little. This is on you.

I miss Stew Man.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-02-05, 22:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What if i told you if we started the season 18-2, 9-1 in the big ten and then lost to a 12-9 Indiana team who came in with 7 Ls in a row at home and then a 7-15 Illinois team with 30 turnovers

Huh? What if? What were your expectations going into this basketball season? 1966794946

I never expected to be 18-2 and 9-1. Did you? Losing to IU sucked but I also thought they wouldn't suck.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-05, 22:45

I thought we’d get our ass kicked by Kansas. Then when we won some games I thought this is a fun team. Then we lost to Louisville and I thought shit. Then we had some real fun games to watch and I had fun watching. Then Dad’s man boobs hexed us and fucking WBH started explaining why we suck and now my wife and I get pissed off watching this team when I don’t want to be.

So everyone can fuck off right now. My expectation is to have a couple cocktails at Kellogg center Saturday sneak some rum into the game then get a burger at Dagwood. So again, everyone can fuck the fuck off.

Izzo should coach in black face Saturday for no other reason than to confuse the fuck out of every body then resign and say he’s running for govenor in Virginia

So everyone should just fuck off.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-02-05, 23:00

DWags wrote:I thought we’d get our ass kicked by Kansas. Then when we won some games I thought this is a fun team. Then we lost to Louisville and I thought shit. Then we had some real fun games to watch and I had fun watching. Then Dad’s man boobs hexed us and fucking WBH started explaining why we suck and now my wife and I get pissed off watching this team when I don’t want to be.

So everyone can fuck off right now. My expectation is to have a couple cocktails at Kellogg center Saturday sneak some rum into the game then get a burger at Dagwood. So again, everyone can fuck the fuck off.

Izzo should coach in black face Saturday for no other reason than to confuse the fuck out of every body then resign and say he’s running for govenor in Virginia

All of this. So Dags after the game on Saturday? I will bring Jingles and maybe Bob can tear himself away from the PB.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-05, 23:09

Sorry duff i live in the present not in October of last year
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-05, 23:30

First, I reject the position that this place is melting down. There’s no evidence of that. We just don’t do that here very often with the current makeup of posters.
I thought we’d be pretty good, not great. Better than competitive, most of the time. The season turned out to be a very pleasant surprise, especially the fast break. When they were on, they looked unstoppable, and maybe as exciting a team as I’ve seen here. Whats disappointing isn’t just the three losses in a row, but the whole product. The short bench has left the guys gassed, and they look deflated, defeated, and disorganized. Like I said in the game thread, I think they really believed they’d caught lightning in a bottle, and if they could just hold on until JL got healthy, they could hit that level again in time for the tournament. The news JL was out for the year broke their spirit, and guys let up because they’re exhausted and they knew their chance for a conference title and at a deep run in the tourney had disappeared.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-05, 23:39

tGreenWay wrote:First, I reject the position that this place is melting down. There’s no evidence of that. We just don’t do that here very often with the current makeup of posters.
I thought we’d be pretty good, not great. Better than competitive, most of the time. The season turned out to be a very pleasant surprise, especially the fast break. When they were on, they looked unstoppable, and maybe as exciting a team as I’ve seen here. Whats disappointing isn’t just the three losses in a row, but the whole product. The short bench has left the guys gassed, and they look deflated, defeated, and disorganized. Like I said in the game thread, I think they really believed they’d caught lightning in a bottle, and if they could just hold on until JL got healthy, they could hit that level again in time for the tournament. The news JL was out for the year broke their spirit, and guys let up because they’re exhausted and they knew their chance for a conference title and at a deep run in the tourney had disappeared.

I think that's a pretty damn good assessment GW.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-05, 23:42

tGreenWay wrote:First, I reject the position that this place is melting down. There’s no evidence of that. We just don’t do that here very often with the current makeup of posters.

I’m melting down greenway.

Literally.

Please call the fire department.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-05, 23:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Literally.

*will win.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-06, 00:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Literally.

Sorry, Travis, I just saw your post. Too late now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-02-06, 05:28

You're right.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-06, 06:15

DWags wrote:I thought we’d get our ass kicked by Kansas. Then when we won some games I thought this is a fun team. Then we lost to Louisville and I thought shit. Then we had some real fun games to watch and I had fun watching. Then Dad’s man boobs hexed us and fucking WBH started explaining why we suck and now my wife and I get pissed off watching this team when I don’t want to be.

What were your expectations going into this basketball season? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-06, 07:15

Spartans went from must watch tv to unwatchable.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-06, 07:58

My expectations were higher than losing to Indiana at home and fucking Illinois anywhere.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-06, 08:16

Undefeated, National Champions. Those were my expectations. GO GREEN!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-06, 08:38

we haven't been the same since ESPN and Gameday was here.

Just sayin'.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-02-06, 10:06

Wouldn’t Langford’s injury move the goal posts...for most logical fans?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-02-06, 10:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:we haven't been the same since ESPN and Gameday was here.

Just sayin'.

The boycott worked!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-06, 10:19

I loved all the takes I saw saying this team is better without Langford and NBA five star talent.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-06, 10:23

steveschneider wrote:I loved all the takes I saw saying this team is better without Langford and NBA five star talent.

I love hot takes on hot takes.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-02-06, 10:29

steveschneider wrote:I loved all the takes I saw saying this team is better without Langford and NBA five star talent.

I think Izzo tried to pump the brakes on those sugggestions.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-06, 10:48

What about Izzo screaming at Goins after the big shot to take the lead? Team didn't look the same after that. Why rip someone after a big shot like that?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-02-06, 10:54

steveschneider wrote:What about Izzo screaming at Goins after the big shot to take the lead? Team didn't look the same after that. Why rip someone after a big shot like that?

Without knowing what Izzo said, it's kinda hard to tell.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-02-06, 11:02

If it weren't for injuries we'd be awesome in football and basketball pretty much all the time.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-06, 11:11

Langford might solve some problems with backcourt depth but he wouldn't help the rebounding woes. Ward needs to flip the switch if he's got anything left in the tank at all.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-06, 14:43

duffy munn wrote:

You're right.

I am? Gotta remember how I did that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-02-06, 14:54

Who said that?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-02-06, 14:55

DWags wrote:

Agree
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-06, 15:10

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:

Agree

Fuck off.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-02-06, 15:12

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Agree

Fuck off.

What were your expectations going into this basketball season? 3493939353

Fuck off
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next