Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio?

+12
TheReal_LWS
duffy munn
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
pulling69
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio?

Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? Vote_lcap71%Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 17 ]
Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? Vote_lcap29%Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 24

Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? Empty Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:25 pm

What do you think, swill? Either one?

I'm saying negative, and it's only going to get tougher after they leave. Buckle up!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? Empty Re: Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio?

Post by I.B. Fine Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:27 pm

I thought you were out showing your support for legal mushrooms.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? Empty Re: Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Yes. I think next year's team will have a great chance to make the FF.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Nah. But hope springs eternal. Never know. I hope I’m dead wrong about the basketball program because they have a better chance. But man, football is one big mountain. Look at OSU the last couple years. Awesome team, no playoffs.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Not until something changes. I both of the programs are trending down and both need a massive tune up on offense.

Mens hoops has struggled at half court sets for years.

The football team can't even score a touchdown.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Won't it be hard when both programs get the death penalty?
TLA,
Paula Lavigne
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Why is OTPT melting down?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:57 pm

NigelUno wrote:Why is OTPT melting down?

Isn't that what all millennial snowflakes do?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:04 pm

It’s always ironic when people get offended by a question and then use the term snowflake Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:08 pm

Fuck I don't know. It seemed like we had a really good chance for another Final Four just a week ago. Football seems pretty FUBAR though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:16 pm

steveschneider wrote:Not until something changes. I both of the programs are trending down and both need a massive tune up on offense.

Mens hoops has struggled at half court sets for years.

The football team can't even score a touchdown.

Until the last two games MSU's half court offense has been very efficient. This isn't old school Izzo offense.

Edut: 8th in the country at O effiency in last year. 12th this year, despite the last two games.

Last edited by Nordic on Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:16 pm

A lot of things have to go right to make a FF, we obviously don't have the depth of a few other programs, cough(duke), but losing your #2 player doesn't help and is impossible to predict.
Football looks good on the D side, who knows about our O, but could happen. Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? 2599972566
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:17 pm

MSU was running all kinds of new shit in the half court last night to take advantage of Illinois' aggressiveness. It was working, too, when we weren't throwing the ball away. The half court offense was not the problem last night. Sometimes I wonder what steve is watching. Love you anyway steve.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:25 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It’s always ironic when people get offended by a question and then use the term snowflake Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? 1966794946

I hate the term snowflake too. But to answer your question I think Izzo will get to another FF. I don't think Dantonio will get back to Indy.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:26 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It’s always ironic when people get offended by a question and then use the term snowflake Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? 1966794946

I hate the term snowflake too. But to answer your question I think Izzo will get to another FF. I don't think Dantonio will get back to Indy.

I’m with ya duff - usually the fragile, insecure individual is saying the term. And it just comes off as so douchey, which shouldn’t be surprising in this case as it’s pulling. Agree on izzo and F4 - much higher chance than big ten ship

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:26 pm

I thought in the game thread we lost on defense last night, and we were sloppy with the ball. Two things that, it seems to me, are directly attributed to being tired.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:31 pm

DWags wrote:I thought in the game thread we lost on defense last night, and we were sloppy with the ball. Two things that, it seems to me, are directly attributed to being tired.

Agree but will add that Illinois pressure D had a lot to do with the turnovers. Winston having so many turnovers can be attributed to both. He is worn down and getting swarmed everytime he touched the ball doesn't help.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:33 pm

This is funny. I remember in '05 everyone was dogging Izzo. And then he made it to the F4. Wouldn't doubt if he does it again this year.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:39 pm

TheReal_LWS wrote:This is funny. I remember in '05 everyone was dogging Izzo. And then he made it to the F4. Wouldn't doubt if he does it again this year.

I hope you don't think I'm dogging Izzo, LWS.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:00 pm

We've made the Final Four with much worse teams. I'd give this a better chance of making the FF than

Basketball can be more random. A hot or cold game, a certain match up advantage or disadvantage, if there's an upset in your bracket, etc., can all make or break a FF run.

Football is more difficult, but I'm not nearly as down on the team as most of you.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:09 pm

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:I thought in the game thread we lost on defense last night, and we were sloppy with the ball. Two things that, it seems to me, are directly attributed to being tired.

Agree but will add that Illinois pressure D had a lot to do with the turnovers. Winston having so many turnovers can be attributed to both. He is worn down and getting swarmed everytime he touched the ball doesn't help.

Winston was getting hand checked virtually every time he had the ball.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm

Quit cherry picking the last three losses to ask your question OTPT. You can't do that. At least that's what I'm told.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:17 pm

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:This is funny. I remember in '05 everyone was dogging Izzo. And then he made it to the F4. Wouldn't doubt if he does it again this year.

No, I think questioning his ability to lead us to another F4 is a compliment.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:23 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Quit cherry picking the last three losses to ask your question OTPT. You can't do that. At least that's what I'm told.

The beautiful thing about the swill, is that we can usually post whatever we’d like - despite what people who get offended by questions think. Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? 3493939353
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:25 pm

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

No, I think questioning his ability to lead us to another F4 is a compliment.

Good point LWS, it says a lot about a coach when the expectations are final 4s.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:28 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Quit cherry picking the last three losses to ask your question OTPT. You can't do that. At least that's what I'm told.
Damn, you're still bitter about getting owned in argument from weeks ago? But hey, let's play your game, kingston, and maybe you can explain why the last 3 games are a determination of recent form, but not the last 2 games?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:35 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:MSU was running all kinds of new shit in the half court last night to take advantage of Illinois' aggressiveness. It was working, too, when we weren't throwing the ball away. The half court offense was not the problem last night. Sometimes I wonder what steve is watching. Love you anyway steve.

Really? I saw a team that took away the fast break and forced MSU to settle for jump shots. Honestly, the big issue is probably just fatigue. I agree with all the takes that they look tired and when you give Winston 38 minutes a game this is what you get.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:01 pm

duffy munn wrote:

If you want to freak out about anything the last 3 games it is this. Illinois gave everyone a blueprint on how to defend MSU (like Iowa did against Michigan a few nights ago). Cash did not handle the ball pressure well. They also fronted the passing lanes (thanks Dakich for the explanation), leading Cash and others pass the ball to defenders. Virginia runs the same shit (oh and BTW they can score this year). Definitely want to avoid Virginia in the tournament.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:04 pm

Voted.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Nordic wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

If you want to freak out about anything the last 3 games it is this. Illinois gave everyone a blueprint on how to defend MSU (like Iowa did against Michigan a few nights ago). Cash did not handle the ball pressure well. They also fronted the passing lanes (thanks Dakich for the explanation), leading Cash and others pass the ball to defenders. Virginia runs the same shit (oh and BTW they can score this year). Definitely want to avoid Virginia in the tournament.

The Illini runs a unique if not gimicky defense. I was worried about this game for that very reason. We turned it over 25 times against them down there last year.

Even with how bad we dealt with it last night we still should have won the game. Maybe this is the reason I'm not freaking out over the loss.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:07 pm

NigelUno wrote:Voted.

Will MSU make another Final 4/Football B10 Ship under Izzo/Dantonio? 3493939353 and I agree. We will see another F4. No idea on football, that is a tougher road to hoe.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:25 pm

It depends on if Swill bans the term #skullfuck or not
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:42 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Damn, you're still bitter about getting owned in argument from weeks ago? But hey, let's play your game, kingston, and maybe you can explain why the last 3 games are a determination of recent form, but not the last 2 games?

First rule of debate is when you start playing the "owned" game, you've lost. You don't self declare victory. I've no interest in letting you try to improve.your record to 1-1. Cherry picking otpt bastard!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:55 pm

Rocinante wrote:It depends on if Swill bans the term #skullfuck or not

It’s not that. We’re currently hexed. I’m searching for goats.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:05 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Nordic wrote:

The Illini runs a unique if not gimicky defense. I was worried about this game for that very reason. We turned it over 25 times against them down there last year.

Even with how bad we dealt with it last night we still should have won the game. Maybe this is the reason I'm not freaking out over the loss.

According to Dakich, it is the same D that Virginia and few other teams run (fronting your man to deny the entry pass). You obviously can't recreate that part overnight in the tournament. But you can implement aggressive ball pressure on Cash fairly easily if you have the right personnel. He looked very uncomfortable with a man in his face full court. I would argue their PG was hand checking the fuck out of him (which your not supposed to do any more), but whatever. It worked.

FWIW, I'm not worried either. But if I'm an opposing coach, I would take a long look at the Illini game tape over the Purdue & Indiana tape.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Nordic wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

According to Dakich, it is the same D that Virginia and few other teams run (fronting your man to deny the entry pass). You obviously can't recreate that part overnight in the tournament. But you can implement aggressive ball pressure on Cash fairly easily if you have the right personnel. He looked very uncomfortable with a man in his face full court. I would argue their PG was hand checking the fuck out of him (which your not supposed to do any more), but whatever. It worked.

FWIW, I'm not worried either. But if I'm an opposing coach, I would take a long look at the Illini game tape over the Purdue & Indiana tape.

That guy hand checked Cash all game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:54 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

First rule of debate is when you start playing the "owned" game, you've lost. You don't self declare victory. I've no interest in letting you try to improve.your record to 1-1. Cherry picking otpt bastard!
I didn't declare victory, but nice try deflecting. You're the one that keeps feeling a need to cry about this.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:17 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I didn't declare victory, but nice try deflecting. You're the one that keeps feeling a need to cry about this.

People tend to remember funny things. One of my favorites are my Michigan friends from around 2006-10 who hid in their circle jerk message board safe places. The rest of us tried to tell them what was happening. But ya know....1997 National champs baby!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:38 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

People tend to remember funny things. One of my favorites are my Michigan friends from around 2006-10 who hid in their circle jerk message board safe places. The rest of us tried to tell them what was happening. But ya know....1997 National champs baby!
You're right, it is funny that someone would think that 3 years is the golden number on which anything should be used to be considered recent. Not 2 years, not 4 years. It's 3 or nothing. Good stuff.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next