Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Shaw. Still fighting

4 posters

Go down

Tim Shaw. Still fighting  Empty Tim Shaw. Still fighting

Post by DWags 21/02/19, 11:16 pm

I remember Pat Perles calling me up when we were going to play Clarencevilke in basketball. He said try to get Shaw in your office before the varsity game. I did. He came in and told him that he’d be a linebacker at MSU because he felt that Shaw could make the nfl as an lb. Shaw said he wanted to play fullback. Perles said we’ll, MSU wouldn’t lie to him.
Anyway, what I remember of him was he was old beyond his age, polite, respectful the whole package great person I saw him a while later spring of his senior year. He had picked PSU. We talked at a regional track meet. Said how Stanford could t recruit him but Notre Dane could. But said when he answered his door one night and saw Joe Parerno on his porch and then eating dinner at his table with him, it was a done deal. Anyway, I just really liked the kid.

He’s dying. He’s still got a great attitude. If you have five minutes watch this

https://youtu.be/MLTk80EP0bk

Last edited by DWags on 21/02/19, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tim Shaw. Still fighting  Empty Re: Tim Shaw. Still fighting

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 21/02/19, 11:30 pm

I remember his recruitment. I knew he was in bad shape. I did not like you posting this because when I saw the headline I assumed he probably had passed.

Hang in there dude.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 21/02/19, 11:33 pm

Head line changed
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 22/02/19, 09:24 am

I saw him play football as a junior.  Shaw was physically mature, fast and made a lot of the right decisions once a play started.  He wasn't a "sleeper". Then saw him run track as a junior. He was Randy Kinder fast with a more powerful start.

Like others I hoped he'd choose MSU, thought umaa or ND would sign him and was surprised when he chose PSU.

Wonder if ALS will be related to brain trauma.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 22/02/19, 09:32 am

GRR Spartan wrote:I saw him play football as a junior. Shaw was physically mature, fast and made a lot of the right decisions once a play started. He wasn't a "sleeper".

Like others I hoped he'd choose MSU, thought umaa or ND would sign him and was surprised when he chose PSU.

Wonder if ALS will be related to brain trauma.

I'm sure it will. So, at that track regional, he was telling me that Ty Willingham came to reruit him. Ty wanted him, but couldn't get him at Stanford, but couldn't get him due to standards. When he knew he was going to ND he called and said don't make a decision yet, we'd like you at ND. Funny how ND can recruit athletes that Stanford can't because of standards.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 22/02/19, 10:06 am

From last year:

Amazing attitude, ALS is such a shitty disease.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down