Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sounds Like Republicans Were Sufficiently Embarrassed By Michael Cohen..

+2
Cameron
Robert J Sakimano
6 posters

Go down

Sounds Like Republicans Were Sufficiently Embarrassed By Michael Cohen..  Empty Sounds Like Republicans Were Sufficiently Embarrassed By Michael Cohen..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Jim Jordan (who doesn't have a problem with child sexual assault) and Mark Meadows (who isn't racist.. I mean, he is NOT racist.. NO WAY.. definitely not racist) are demanding that Cohen be investigated 'cause he made them sad yesterday.

(CNN)Two of President Donald Trump's closest allies on the House Judiciary Committee referred Trump's former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, to the Justice Department Thursday for possible criminal prosecution, claiming to have evidence that Cohen "committed perjury and knowingly made false statements" to lawmakers during his day-long testimony Wednesday.

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator? They have no problem with him.. Sounds Like Republicans Were Sufficiently Embarrassed By Michael Cohen..  502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sounds Like Republicans Were Sufficiently Embarrassed By Michael Cohen..  Empty Re: Sounds Like Republicans Were Sufficiently Embarrassed By Michael Cohen..

Post by Cameron Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:41 pm

I was off work yesterday and happened to tune in a few times because Verizon rendered my phone useless, and I saw Meadows get very upset at Rashida Tlaib. Jordan seemed unhappy about pretty much everything.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sounds Like Republicans Were Sufficiently Embarrassed By Michael Cohen..  Empty Re: Sounds Like Republicans Were Sufficiently Embarrassed By Michael Cohen..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:57 pm

Cameron wrote:I was off work yesterday and happened to tune in a few times because Verizon rendered my phone useless, and I saw Meadows get very upset at Rashida Tlaib. Jordan seemed unhappy about pretty much everything.
I caught a couple of clips.. the whole thing is very sad and unfortunate.

Cohen seemed very believable, contrite.. basically, he's a bad person who did a lot of bad stuff. But the difference between him and the GOP folks is that he admits it and seems genuinely remorseful..

with the exception of one or two folks, the House republicans were basically there to simply demonstrate how ignorant they are as they defend the indefensible.. it's very telling that they're basically running interference for the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator by demanding(!) that that the DOJ go after Cohen.

just like Cohen said yesterday, they're doing exactly what he did for 10 years.. covering for a criminal and probably the worst person in the world.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:37 pm

With the exception of Amash (R-MI) its was a "I don't like you because you don't work for President Trump" contest.

Here's the closing paragraph from Esquire that sums up Wednesday's hearings nicely.

From the link:
This was a vivid look into the chronic ward of the prion disease that has eaten away the higher functions of American conservatism—and, thus, those of the Republican Party as well—since Ronald Reagan first served up the monkey brains almost 40 years ago. These are the complete creatures of the talk-show culture, the perfect products of two and three generations of gerrymandered in-breeding. These are the monsters from inside The Bubble. You could see this moment coming during the Obama years, in which the country returned the two worst Congresses in American history, full to the gunwales with Bible-banging crazy people. Sooner or later, this was going to be all that was left, and it was going to have to confront a serious crisis with unserious people. That's what Wednesday was about.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a26558985/republicans-michael-cohen-hearing-disgrace-trump/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:45 pm

Cameron wrote:I was off work yesterday and happened to tune in a few times because Verizon rendered my phone useless, and I saw Meadows get very upset at Rashida Tlaib. Jordan seemed unhappy about pretty much everything.

She basically called Meadows a racist for bringing a black Trump employee to the hearing to prove that Trump wasn't a racist. But, then she walked it back.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:13 pm

NigelUno wrote:

She basically called Meadows a racist for bringing a black Trump employee to the hearing to prove that Trump wasn't a racist. But, then she walked it back.

Videos of Mark Meadows saying ‘send Obama home to Kenya’ resurface hours after he’s accused of racist stunt
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Videos of Mark Meadows saying ‘send Obama home to Kenya’ resurface hours after he’s accused of racist stunt

Oops.

Sounds Like Republicans Were Sufficiently Embarrassed By Michael Cohen..  502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:43 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

that guy is the rep from my hometown.. where I grew up. Yeah, a lot of backwards folks there but some good, forward-thinking people, too.

Gerrymandering and racism is a helluva drug.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:13 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

that guy is the rep from my hometown.. where I grew up. Yeah, a lot of backwards folks there but some good, forward-thinking people, too.

The Tea Party seems popular there.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:07 am

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: that guy is the rep from my hometown.. where I grew up. Yeah, a lot of backwards folks there but some good, forward-thinking people, too.

The Tea Party seems popular there.
just patriotic Americans concerned about government spending.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:16 pm

Report that Meadows puppet asked for permission from the Trump admin to star in a reality TV show while serving HUD.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:22 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Report that Meadows puppet asked for permission from the Trump admin to star in a reality TV show while serving HUD.
Sounds Like Republicans Were Sufficiently Embarrassed By Michael Cohen..  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down