Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial beat the living shit out of Michigan Game Thread Part III

+19
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
kingstonlake
aualum06
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
Cameron
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
duffy munn
Wally Fairway
steveschneider
Nordic
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

tOfficial beat the living shit out of Michigan Game Thread Part III Empty tOfficial beat the living shit out of Michigan Game Thread Part III

Post by Nordic 2019-03-17, 06:17

Well, I can't say I expected to start a BTT game thread. Like many of you, I couldn't give two shits about the BTT; get healthy and see you at the big dance. But here we are. The cards have been dealt. Championship game. St. Patty's Day. Chicago. Sunday primetime. Against Michigan.

Throw all that other shit out the window. Worry about it tonight when Clark Kellogg and Chuck pick all chaulk in the selection show. I get it, you're a little scared. You're scared that Wolvies might win. You're scared that we'll blow our wad before the big dance But this is fucking Michigan! MICHIGAN! It's OK to be scared. But come ready to fight. If we we're playing Minnesota... ya... maybe we could rest WBH's rickety old knees, InTenSity could go play some golf and duffy could meet gingles at Starbucks for a mocha latte.

But this is fucking Michigan!  MICHIGAN! They want you. They want you bad. FUCK THEM! They want another piece of us?!? Come fucking get it. I'm ready. I don't need any more rest. Get the fuck up tSwill!!! 40 mins of hell.

DEFEND

REBOUND

RUN
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial beat the living shit out of Michigan Game Thread Part III Empty Re: tOfficial beat the living shit out of Michigan Game Thread Part III

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-17, 06:23

I didn’t give a shit about the BTT until today. I’m all in.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial beat the living shit out of Michigan Game Thread Part III Empty Re: tOfficial beat the living shit out of Michigan Game Thread Part III

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-03-17, 07:06

Game day
Weasel game day
Wake up, drink up, don't be worried about fucking up
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-03-17, 08:11

Nordic wrote:Well, I can't say I expected to start a BTT game thread. Like many of you, I couldn't give two shits about the BTT; get healthy and see you at the big dance. But here we are. The cards have been dealt. Championship game. St. Patty's Day. Chicago. Sunday primetime. Against Michigan.

Throw all that other shit out the window. Worry about it tonight when Clark Kellogg and Chuck pick all chaulk in the selection show. I get it, you're a little scared. You're scared that Wolvies might win. You're scared that we'll blow our wad before the big dance But this is fucking Michigan! MICHIGAN! It's OK to be scared. But come ready to fight. If we we're playing Minnesota... ya... maybe we could rest WBH's rickety old knees, InTenSity could go play some golf and duffy could meet gingles at Starbucks for a mocha latte.

But this is fucking Michigan!  MICHIGAN! They want you. They want you bad. FUCK THEM! They want another piece of us?!? Come fucking get it. I'm ready. I don't need any more rest. Get the fuck up tSwill!!! 40 mins of hell.

DEFEND

REBOUND

RUN

Solid Nordic.

But who's gingles?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-17, 08:51

Nordic wrote: It's OK to be scared.

This is poor advice.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-17, 09:04

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote: It's OK to be scared.

This is poor advice.  

Shut the fuck up Nigel. 

Go green!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-17, 09:28

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

This is poor advice.  

Shut the fuck up Nigel. 

That doesn't scare me either.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2019-03-17, 09:32

I said keep Nordy on ice until the big dance but this is Michigan. Fuck it, I approve.
Let's put on our shit kickers and kick some shit.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-17, 09:42

duffy munn wrote:
Nordic wrote:Well, I can't say I expected to start a BTT game thread. Like many of you, I couldn't give two shits about the BTT; get healthy and see you at the big dance. But here we are. The cards have been dealt. Championship game. St. Patty's Day. Chicago. Sunday primetime. Against Michigan.

DEFEND

REBOUND

RUN

Solid Nordic.

But who's gingles?

Jingles... Gingles... Whatever it takes
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-17, 10:14

With a one day turn, I don't expect either team to be able to roll out much in the way of new wrinkles. It's going to be a lot of what we saw a week ago, and thus execution will be the deciding factor.

Coach WBH's 4 keys to the game:

Can M feed Teske in the post when we switch a G onto him? Last Saturday we were able to switch again and get our 4 onto Teske before their wings could feed him. Can we do the same and will their inability to feed the post continue to hurt them?

When Nick is in the game, will he get hurt by Teske on the pick and pop, or by Simpson on the drive if we switch? X played both perfectly.

Need 3-4 minutes per half from a CONFIDENT Loyer. I think Loyer is over the mental hump offensively. He's no longer mind fucked. He's still going to have bad moments defensively but if he plays with confidence we can save Cash a little for those last 5 minutes when we're going to need him. Simpson will take Loyer to the hole if he has a chance, but as long as FL can play tough and force a contested shot, fine. If Izzo won't go to Loyer in the 2nd half, we're fucked and Cassius won't have anything left in crunch time.

The single biggest key is M's perimeter shooting. We know Brazdeikas and Poole can shoot and we will play them to stop that. We know they will still get theirs. But we're also going to concede open looks to Simpson by design, and esp when Ward is in - Teske. Can they make? Bottom line, hold them to 35% or less and we win. If they shoot it better than that, we're in trouble.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-17, 10:41

Need to not give them any open looks for the first five minutes. They are hot and shooting with confidence
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-17, 11:15

Triple billin' it at the gym today
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-03-17, 11:31

Fuck yeah! Basketball

Go Green!
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-17, 11:34

Nordic wrote:Triple billin' it at the gym today

Hell yes! I had a great run this morning. Pushed it hard coming back up the hill.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-17, 15:25

Cameron wrote:Fuck yeah! Basketball

Go Green!

Go White!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-17, 15:28

Let's gooooo!!!!!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-03-17, 15:30

Hard to beat a team 3 times. Not for us today though. MSU by 12

tOfficial beat the living shit out of Michigan Game Thread Part III 2c7e5110
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-17, 15:36

FUCK. THEM. UP!!!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-17, 15:39

Here we are.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-17, 15:42

Quaido!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-17, 15:42

This game is living up to my expectations. Pure fire.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-17, 15:42

St Patrick’s Day is McQaid’s day!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-17, 15:43

tGreenWay wrote:Quaido!

I love it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-17, 15:43

Tim Wakefield wrote:Hard to beat a team 3 times. Not for us today though. MSU by 12

tOfficial beat the living shit out of Michigan Game Thread Part III 2c7e5110

Amen!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-03-17, 15:44

Let's go McQuaid
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-17, 15:48

Fucking Mathews push. tOfficial beat the living shit out of Michigan Game Thread Part III 1896033241
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-17, 15:50

Our effort is on High. Love it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-17, 15:53

Get Loyer the fuck out of there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-17, 15:53

Decent start. Ward working hard out there.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-17, 15:58

Two on Tillman, damn it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-17, 16:06

Not a good series for Kithier. Got Lurch fired up.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-17, 16:09

Fuck. I heard that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2019-03-17, 16:09

Shit's broken.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-17, 16:09

Jesus.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-17, 16:09

It’s not good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-17, 16:09

Fuck
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-17, 16:10

Jesus.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-17, 16:11

He screamed "it's broken"
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-17, 16:11

Not joking. In 13 rows up. I heard it. Izzo is crying.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-03-17, 16:12

Fuck fuck fuck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next