Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need to discuss games threads going forward, and how it’s not a good idea to start them a day before an actual game. Also, WTF was up with Steve double-dipping game threads?

+9
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Rocinante
The Pantry
SawGreen
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
13 posters

Go down

We need to discuss games threads going forward, and how it’s not a good idea to start them a day before an actual game. Also, WTF was up with Steve double-dipping game threads? Empty We need to discuss games threads going forward, and how it’s not a good idea to start them a day before an actual game. Also, WTF was up with Steve double-dipping game threads?

Post by tGreenWay Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:01

Damnit, Steve, you were right to abandon that abortion of a game thread at halftime, but then you were two-timing both threads in the second half.
You got away with it this time, but your ego is writing checks your body can’t Cash.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

We need to discuss games threads going forward, and how it’s not a good idea to start them a day before an actual game. Also, WTF was up with Steve double-dipping game threads? Empty Re: We need to discuss games threads going forward, and how it’s not a good idea to start them a day before an actual game. Also, WTF was up with Steve double-dipping game threads?

Post by Turtleneck Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:04

I agree 100%. A serious discussion is long overdue, and Steve just got a little too excited. He does that from time to time.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

We need to discuss games threads going forward, and how it’s not a good idea to start them a day before an actual game. Also, WTF was up with Steve double-dipping game threads? Empty Re: We need to discuss games threads going forward, and how it’s not a good idea to start them a day before an actual game. Also, WTF was up with Steve double-dipping game threads?

Post by SawGreen Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:05

I put my best foot forward in Steve's thread.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:12

Turtleneck wrote:I agree 100%. A serious discussion is long overdue, and Steve just got a little too excited. He does that from time to time.

It’s Mrs. Steve’s biggest complaint.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:12

SawGreen wrote:I put my best foot forward in Steve's thread.

But did you lay your ass on the line?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:23

I forgive Steve.  

Really nerve-racking time of year for me between the Tourney and NBA fantasy playoffs.  Dropped the ball last night and might miss the Championship week because of it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:31

Steve got lucky no more Steve threads going forward. And Nigel.... motherfucking Nigel. I don’t even know man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:31

The Pantry wrote:I forgive Steve.  

Really nerve-racking time of year for me between the Tourney and NBA fantasy playoffs.  Dropped the ball last night and might miss the Championship week because of it.

That’s too much for one person to take. The emotional toil just the fantasy games alone must be taking on you bottles the mind.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:38

If I were a mod I'd lock any thread made before game day. Too much on the line to be fucking with message board gods.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:42

InTenSity wrote:If I were a mod I'd lock any thread made before game day. Too much on the line to be fucking with message board gods.

Probably the best post I've seen on tSwill today.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:44

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:I forgive Steve.  

That’s too much for one person to take. The emotional toil just the fantasy games alone must be taking on you bottles the mind.
It's brutal...and we don't even play for money.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:45

I can't wait until everyone is too scared to start the Duke game thread (assuming both teams get there) and I get to start it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:46

We are all a little on edge. Let's hug it out, get some rest, regroup and check in at post-around tomorrow morning.

We need to discuss games threads going forward, and how it’s not a good idea to start them a day before an actual game. Also, WTF was up with Steve double-dipping game threads? 685334576
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:52

Fuck all of you. Ima start a Duke thread right now

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 21:57

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I can't wait until everyone is too scared to start the Duke game thread (assuming both teams get there) and I get to start it.
I'll start it when/if it gets there. Personal story.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 22:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I can't wait until everyone is too scared to start the Duke game thread (assuming both teams get there) and I get to start it.

We all know who's starting every game thread after this week.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 22:25

DWags wrote:Fuck all of you. Ima start a Duke thread right now

You can't. I'm restraining you.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 22:30

Clarett's Folly wrote:

We all know who's starting every game thread after this week.

This.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 22:31

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:Fuck all of you. Ima start a Duke thread right now

You can't. I'm restraining you.

We need to discuss games threads going forward, and how it’s not a good idea to start them a day before an actual game. Also, WTF was up with Steve double-dipping game threads? 1486952199
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 22:33

tGreenWay wrote:Damnit, Steve, you were right to abandon that abortion of a game thread at halftime, but then you were two-timing both threads in the second half.
You got away with it this time, but your ego is writing checks your body can’t Cash.

My abortion of a thread? We won! I think I’m 3-0 this season.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 22:35

We need to discuss games threads going forward, and how it’s not a good idea to start them a day before an actual game. Also, WTF was up with Steve double-dipping game threads? 1486952199 Steve, you and DR both stepped up
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 22:37

Nordic wrote:We need to discuss games threads going forward, and how it’s not a good idea to start them a day before an actual game. Also, WTF was up with Steve double-dipping game threads? 1486952199 Steve, you and DR both stepped up

I agree my thread started out as a pre game pep rally and some how it became a game thread. Roe definitely stepped in and did some great work. Couldn’t have done it without him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 22:38

I vote Nordic to start the Minny game thread.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down