Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unemployment Down to 6.1%, 288,000 Jobs Added in June.. Republicans, It's Time to Minimize Good News For America

5 posters

Go down

Unemployment Down to 6.1%, 288,000 Jobs Added in June.. Republicans, It's Time to Minimize Good News For America Empty Unemployment Down to 6.1%, 288,000 Jobs Added in June.. Republicans, It's Time to Minimize Good News For America

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 9:04

GO!!

http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/03/investing/june-jobs-report/index.html
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Unemployment Down to 6.1%, 288,000 Jobs Added in June.. Republicans, It's Time to Minimize Good News For America Empty Re: Unemployment Down to 6.1%, 288,000 Jobs Added in June.. Republicans, It's Time to Minimize Good News For America

Post by Hut1hut2 Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 22:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:GO!!

http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/03/investing/june-jobs-report/index.html

The labor force participation rate is 62.8%, which is awful. Most the new jobs created are part time.

Again, this amateur mismanaged the economy. Romney, Hillary, Kerry, etc would have done much better.

That said, hope the gains continue for many months - too many good people not working.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Unemployment Down to 6.1%, 288,000 Jobs Added in June.. Republicans, It's Time to Minimize Good News For America Empty Re: Unemployment Down to 6.1%, 288,000 Jobs Added in June.. Republicans, It's Time to Minimize Good News For America

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 8:08

Hut1hut2 wrote:

The labor force participation rate is 62.8%, which is awful. Most the new jobs created are part time.

Again, this amateur mismanaged the economy. Romney, Hillary, Kerry, etc would have done much better.

That said, hope the gains continue for many months - too many good people not working.
 Unemployment Down to 6.1%, 288,000 Jobs Added in June.. Republicans, It's Time to Minimize Good News For America 1486952199 

thanks for playing..  Unemployment Down to 6.1%, 288,000 Jobs Added in June.. Republicans, It's Time to Minimize Good News For America 502811600 
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 8:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote: Unemployment Down to 6.1%, 288,000 Jobs Added in June.. Republicans, It's Time to Minimize Good News For America 1486952199 

thanks for playing..  Unemployment Down to 6.1%, 288,000 Jobs Added in June.. Republicans, It's Time to Minimize Good News For America 502811600 

Facts hurt? The labor participation rate is a better number than the unemployment rate to gage health of the economy, but I am sure you already knew that.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 9:06

Hut1hut2 wrote:

Facts hurt? The labor participation rate is a better number than the unemployment rate to gage health of the economy, but I am sure you already knew that.

Hard to take anybody seriously that thinks a single individual is responsible for a good or bad market economy.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 9:31

Hut1hut2 wrote:

Bin Laden, dead.. mastermind of Benghazi attack - caught.. record high Dow.. unemployment at 6.1% and 200,000+ jobs have been added in each of the last 6 months..

I'd say that the facts feel pretty good. Of course, I'm actually a fan of America succeeding and doing well.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 10:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Bin Laden, dead.. mastermind of Benghazi attack - caught.. record high Dow.. unemployment at 6.1% and 200,000+ jobs have been added in each of the last 6 months..
Forgive me for stating a fact. Like only 45% of Americans are working full time as of June.
I'd say that the facts feel pretty good. Of course, I'm actually a fan of America succeeding and doing well.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 14:24

Turtleneck wrote:

Hard to take anybody seriously that thinks a single individual is responsible for a good or bad market economy.

Right. Economic policy plays no role in the health of an economy.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 14:46

Hut1hut2 wrote:

Right. Economic policy plays no role in the health of an economy.  

My bad. I forgot that the executive branch alone makes policy. I mean, it's right there in Article II of the Constitution. It's as plain as day. What was I thinking. The executive branch is the policy-making branch.

In all seriousness, the president contributes to a broader policy-making environment. First, we live in a global marketplace so global affairs are relevant to health of national economies. Second, Congress is relevant to any discussion of the economy, as is the politically insulated Federal Reserve. Furthermore, in a federal system, state and local policy also matter. Beyond that, in a market economy, firms make independent decisions (within policy frameworks established at various levels of government) that impact their fate. The president is not solely responsible for a good economy or a bad economy. There are a lot of other players involved. The problem is that any president is in a rush to take credit for a good economy, which means they have to take responsibility for a bad economy. You're not going to find one that will say "Well, that great economy is not really my doing."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 16:22

Turtleneck wrote:

My bad. I forgot that the executive branch alone makes policy. I mean, it's right there in Article II of the Constitution. It's as plain as day. What was I thinking. The executive branch is the policy-making branch.

In all seriousness, the president contributes to a broader policy-making environment. First, we live in a global marketplace so global affairs are relevant to health of national economies. Second, Congress is relevant to any discussion of the economy, as is the politically insulated Federal Reserve. Furthermore, in a federal system, state and local policy also matter. Beyond that, in a market economy, firms make independent decisions (within policy frameworks established at various levels of government) that impact their fate. The president is not solely responsible for a good economy or a bad economy. There are a lot of other players involved. The problem is that any president is in a rush to take credit for a good economy, which means they have to take responsibility for a bad economy. You're not going to find one that will say "Well, that great economy is not really my doing."
Agree. Only would add that the insane amount of executive decisions bypassing congress places more credit or blame at tObama.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GhettoHeisman Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 20:29

Hut1hut2 wrote:
Agree. Only would add that the insane amount of executive decisions bypassing congress places more credit or blame at tObama.
People actually believe this shit? Just shows how strong the right-wing propaganda machine is. You'd have to go back to William McKinley to find a prez who used less executive orders per year.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php
GhettoHeisman
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 8:58

Turtleneck wrote:

you're not trying to have a rational conversation with a right wing nut, are you?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 11:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
you're not trying to have a rational conversation with a right wing nut, are you?

Please note I began the post with the necessary amount of sarcasm needed to post here.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 12:40

Turtleneck wrote:

Please note I began the post with the necessary amount of sarcasm needed to post here.
So easy to tell who works for the govt, or university.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 14:01

Turtleneck wrote:

that's a good move..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 13:12

lol! 
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down