Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states. And yes, you guessed right for Michigan

+8
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
Turtleneck
steveschneider
DWags
12 posters

Go down

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan Empty Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states. And yes, you guessed right for Michigan

Post by DWags 2019-05-15, 09:37

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/gallery/best-designed-building-every-us-state?fbclid=IwAR0GjPeb_WUoVNIDb_BbHWRjaBsaf2RfdG3TrbxbjuWXC2yDh2wgYYCU4V0
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan Empty Re: Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states. And yes, you guessed right for Michigan

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-15, 09:40

I've loved that building from day one. It's funny to hear all the melt downs about it but if that building were in London, NYC, Paris, Singapore, Abu Dhabi etc it would be a point of pride.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan Empty Re: Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states. And yes, you guessed right for Michigan

Post by DWags 2019-05-15, 09:44

steveschneider wrote:I've loved that building from day one. It's funny to hear all the melt downs about it but if that building were in London, NYC, Paris, Singapore, Abu Dhabi etc it would be a point of pride.

I don't think anyone thinks it's not "cool" or a great design. And if it were in a city setting i'd like it even more. But, does it fit? I always thought people were upset because splashed against ivy old buildings, it's kind of a sore thumb.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-15, 09:46

Without opening, is it a McDonald’s or Starbucks?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-05-15, 09:46

I think it would be better in the middle of a big field. Like if a space ship crashed or something.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-15, 09:48

I thought for sure it would be this.

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan TheBigHouse
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-15, 09:51

DWags wrote:https://www.architecturaldigest.com/gallery/best-designed-building-every-us-state?fbclid=IwAR0GjPeb_WUoVNIDb_BbHWRjaBsaf2RfdG3TrbxbjuWXC2yDh2wgYYCU4V0
a) I walk/run by the building almost every day.. and I just don't get it. Of course, I'm not exactly what one might call "culturally refined".

b) scanning that link, there are some hideous buildings on there - some even more hideous than the Broad. Then again, I'm not exactly what one might call "culturally refined".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-05-15, 09:51

steveschneider wrote:I've loved that building from day one. It's funny to hear all the melt downs about it but if that building were in London, NYC, Paris, Singapore, Abu Dhabi etc it would be a point of pride.
Have you been to MI lately?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-15, 09:54

Should be the Guardian or Fisher. Probably Guardian.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-15, 09:57

heck, I was fortunate enough to attend a DWags tailgate last fall and it was quite impressive from an architectural standpoint.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-15, 09:57

There's a lot to pick from here, starting with the foreground.

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan 636353928807880582-Little-Caesar-39
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-15, 10:06

InTenSity wrote:

I go 2x's a year but I do travel a lot and think I have a decent eye for architecture. Enlighten me what's your pick?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-15, 10:10

Guardian Building for reference.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS838US838&q=guardian+building+detroit&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwilrbCh253iAhUMKa0KHZ0fBu4QsAR6BAgLEAE&biw=1440&bih=856
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-15, 10:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Guardian Building for reference.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS838US838&q=guardian+building+detroit&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwilrbCh253iAhUMKa0KHZ0fBu4QsAR6BAgLEAE&biw=1440&bih=856

Yeah, that's incredible. I'm more in tune with older classic buildings like that but when you look at pics of Singapore that city looks like a friggin intergalactic space port. Just the airport alone looks like a set of a futiristic sci fi film. I just think it's kind of cool that Michigan has something that is world class and of this century as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-05-15, 10:14

steveschneider wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I go 2x's a year but I do travel a lot and think I have a decent eye for architecture. Enlighten me what's your pick?
I don't have a pick. I did laugh that for FL its a fucking car garage.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-15, 10:17

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan 03015_00_N23_high

Idaho. Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-15, 10:24

They're all hipster bullshit buildings it seems. Unless the State doesn't have any hipster bullshit buildings. And then they do like an old church or a FLW house.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-15, 10:50

InTenSity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Looking it up now.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-15, 10:53

InTenSity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan 1966794946 Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan 1966794946 Yeah, that's kind of odd.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-15, 10:57

Had a friend that went to school in DC and he told me about this one. ...

https://www.isidorsfugue.com/2015/01/one-gas-station-under-god-indivisible.html

It's a church on top of a gas station.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-05-15, 11:01

steveschneider wrote:Had a friend that went to school in DC and he told me about this one. ...

https://www.isidorsfugue.com/2015/01/one-gas-station-under-god-indivisible.html

It's a church on top of a gas station.

I suppose that might be a little better than a stadium on top of a gas station.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-15, 14:18

Turtleneck wrote:Without opening, is it a McDonald’s or Starbucks?

My money is on Flap Jack Shack. It’s got to be one helluva nice place when it fills up day after day, and it’s just a shack!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-15, 14:22

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Without opening, is it a McDonald’s or Starbucks?

My money is on Flap Jack Shack. It’s got to be one helluva nice place when it fills up day after day, and it’s just a shack!
I'm convinced that half of the people sitting inside Flap Jack Shack got lost in Frandor and just kind of ended up in a booth there and were like "fuck it, guess I'll order a pancake".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-15, 14:25

Even though I’m always likely to favor old timey architecture (Guardian Building is beautiful), I do like Broad a lot. Reminds me of a shark about to breach the waterline. But yeah, its location just doesn’t help it at all. It’s a very awkward spot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-05-15, 14:28

I'm willing to bet the people who picked the Connecticut building have never thrown a stone.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-15, 14:36

"the Professor and Mary Ann.. here at Broad Museum".....

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan Dezeen_Eli-and-Edythe-Broad-Art-Museum-by-Zaha-Hadid_ss_9

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan Minnow_big
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-15, 14:37

It ain’t a Minnow, Bob, it’s a shark.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-15, 14:40

tGreenWay wrote:It ain’t a Minnow, Bob, it’s a shark.

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan Jaws-Bruce-The-Shark-Maquette-Sideshow-Collectibles-2006

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan The-eli-and-edythe-broad

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-15, 14:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:"the Professor and Mary Ann.. here at Broad Museum".....

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan Dezeen_Eli-and-Edythe-Broad-Art-Museum-by-Zaha-Hadid_ss_9

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan Minnow_big

I like the interior of that building a lot. The view from the back window is pretty sweet. Would be a great place to drink a beer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-15, 14:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:It ain’t a Minnow, Bob, it’s a shark.

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan Jaws-Bruce-The-Shark-Maquette-Sideshow-Collectibles-2006

Greatest architecturally designed buildings in all 50 states.  And yes, you guessed right for Michigan The-eli-and-edythe-broad

Attaboy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-15, 14:57

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:"the Professor and Mary Ann.. here at Broad Museum".....

I like the interior of that building a lot. The view from the back window is pretty sweet. Would be a great place to drink a beer.
I haven't been inside and everywhere is a great place to drink a beer.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-15, 16:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

What? You haven't been in? Dude, that's your town and it's a part of your community. Go visit the damn thing and take in some art.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2019-05-15, 18:18

DWags wrote:I'm willing to bet the people who picked the Connecticut building have never thrown a stone.

There's a house just like that in Lake Orion too
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-15, 20:10

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

What? You haven't been in? Dude, that's your town and it's a part of your community. Go visit the damn thing and take in some art.
I take in art every day, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-15, 20:35

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Bob is a philistine; a misdirected soul among the great, unwashed masses.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-15, 21:26

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

if Live PD ain't art, then I don't know what art is.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-05-15, 21:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

if Live PD ain't art, then I don't know what art is.

Diners drive ins and dives. And maybe bitchin rides.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-15, 21:50

I always thought the Lukkendorf House in Topinabee had the most original and interesting architechtual design of any building in the state.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-15, 22:29

If South Dakota’s isn’t the Corn Palace, then there’s no justice in the world.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down