Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Young Man Whose Harvard Acceptance Was Rescinded..

5 posters

Go down

The Young Man Whose Harvard Acceptance Was Rescinded.. Empty The Young Man Whose Harvard Acceptance Was Rescinded..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-18, 05:37

The Young Man Whose Harvard Acceptance Was Rescinded.. 502811600

Apparently other racists are really upset.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Young Man Whose Harvard Acceptance Was Rescinded.. Empty Re: The Young Man Whose Harvard Acceptance Was Rescinded..

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-18, 10:39

I didn't look to deeply in this. Kind of weird to punish someone for something they did at age 16. Kid could have grown and evolved.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The Young Man Whose Harvard Acceptance Was Rescinded.. Empty Re: The Young Man Whose Harvard Acceptance Was Rescinded..

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-06-18, 11:55

steveschneider wrote:I didn't look to deeply in this. Kind of weird to punish someone for something they did at age 16. Kid could have grown and evolved.
Perhaps, but I'm sure he isn't the first/only. So, is this kid trying to use his status as a Parkland survivor to get pressure put on Harvard? How else would this be a media story? Pretty disgusting by him if that's the case.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-18, 12:15

steveschneider wrote:I didn't look to deeply in this. Kind of weird to punish someone for something they did at age 16. Kid could have grown and evolved.
I don't know that much about it.. but if a bunch of MAGA white supremacist types are outraged by it, I think Harvard did the right thing.

it's actually refreshing to see a privileged, racist, bigoted obnoxious white male held accountable for a change.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-06-18, 13:03

Harvard looks at the grades you got when you were 16. It looks at the good deeds and other conduct you partake in at age 16. Why would it not consider the words you spoke when you were sixteen?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-18, 13:15

tGreenWay wrote:

Harvard looks at the grades you got when you were 16. It looks at the good deeds and other conduct you partake in at age 16. Why would it not consider the words you spoke when you were sixteen?
yep - and it's not like he got caught drinking underage at 16.

if the messages I saw are to be believed, this kid is a full on MAGA white supremacist type kid.. literally used the n-word the way some of us might breathe a few times per minute. Also, he threw in some really solid anti-Semitic stuff, too.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-06-18, 14:04

Just read an article on it. Yup, he's fully trying to exploit the Parkland thing to put pressure on Harvard. Fuck that shit. Disgusting behavior.

I believe that people can grow and change, especially from stupid ideas they have as 16 year olds. However, I don't believe that people suddenly grow and change just because something that they said/did becomes public. Surely their must be some texts or social media posts that he's done between the shooting and the release of this info, where he's telling the guys that he said the racist stuff to that they were out of line back then? Or maybe some times that he's told his friends not to say things like that when they've said something more recently? Anything?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-18, 14:11

tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah, I mean I'm not going to lose too much sleep over this but I don't know I just think people do dumb shit at age 16. I'm for giving people other chances. Also, he's not exactly the first piece of shit that went to Harvard.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-18, 14:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:Just read an article on it. Yup, he's fully trying to exploit the Parkland thing to put pressure on Harvard. Fuck that shit. Disgusting behavior.

I believe that people can grow and change, especially from stupid ideas they have as 16 year olds. However, I don't believe that people suddenly grow and change just because something that they said/did becomes public. Surely their must be some texts or social media posts that he's done between the shooting and the release of this info, where he's telling the guys that he said the racist stuff to that they were out of line back then? Or maybe some times that he's told his friends not to say things like that when they've said something more recently? Anything?
pretty funny how the MAGA knuckle-draggers outraged by Harvard infringing on this dude's right to free speech were outraged when an ungrateful black guy took a knee during the National Anthem.

can't imagine why.. hmm.... scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-18, 14:39

on another note, my parents would've beaten the hell out of me if I had acted like this..

I mean, I get that little spoiled white males aren't used to accountability.. but, man.. talk about a failure in parenting.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-06-18, 15:01

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah, I mean I'm not going to lose too much sleep over this but I don't know I just think people do dumb shit at age 16. I'm for giving people other chances. Also, he's not exactly the first piece of shit that went to Harvard.
Now you sound like him, how he's saying that slave owners have taught and attended Harvard.

But we also can't just absolve anyone of what they do when they're 16. That sets a real dangerous tone. But if he had really been changed by the shooting, and not just saying that now that this went public, I'm sure he can provide evidence. The vast majority of communication between kids is in writing, after all. Surely, he's talked about his change in life philosophy.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-18, 15:06

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Now you sound like him, how he's saying that slave owners have taught and attended Harvard.

But we also can't just absolve anyone of what they do when they're 16. That sets a real dangerous tone. But if he had really been changed by the shooting, and not just saying that now that this went public, I'm sure he can provide evidence. The vast majority of communication between kids is in writing, after all. Surely, he's talked about his change in life philosophy.

What article did you read? I should probably inform myself better on this kid.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-06-18, 18:58

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

What article did you read? I should probably inform myself better on this kid.
CNN, I think. I just googled Parkland Harvard and tons of articles about this came up.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-18, 19:15

Imagine if the fine christians upset by this were as upset when Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, et al. were murdered.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-06-18, 19:16

I have no idea what this is about and i do not care
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down