Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Ever Been to a Chautauqua?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone Ever Been to a Chautauqua? Empty Anyone Ever Been to a Chautauqua?

Post by Herbie Green 2014-07-05, 23:46

I was at one today in Lakeside, Ohio (near Sandusky). All I wanted to do was rent a Sunfish sailboat and had no idea what I was getting into. After an hour of wandering around trying to figure out what was going on I just left. I couldnt deal with all the rules and fees. It is this gated community, really like a town. They charge $7/person just to enter the place. My daughter was all pumped up to go sailing but she was the first one to say "This place is weird can we just leave" Ended up going to a water park instead.
Looked it up later and it is like this Methodist retreat. Alcohol and tobacco are prohibited. I think I made the right call but I really wanted to go sailing.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Anyone Ever Been to a Chautauqua? Empty Re: Anyone Ever Been to a Chautauqua?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-07-05, 23:52

Anyone Ever Been to a Chautauqua? 1966794946 

My SIL has a friend who owns a cottage in Lakeside and rents it to her every year. My wife and kids go and stay with them for the week. They love it. I love it because I have the house to myself for a week. Did you get any Patio Donuts? I have never been because **** that and my dog isn't welcome but I have certainly heard the Mr. Chip CDs in the car, unfortunately.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-07-06, 00:10

I didnt spend a dime there. Fortunately they were nice enough at the gate to give me a free temp pass to check it out. Dont know if that would have qualified me to buy any donuts.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum