Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quality or price?

5 posters

Go down

quality or price? Empty quality or price?

Post by InTenSity Thu 11 Jul - 19:25

I doubt this will go far, and it is more me just observing a few things. Just so this doesn't come back to me in any way I'm probably going to be somewhat vague.
I know of multiple companies that are about to change a few of their fundamental practices that helped to build their brand, because the certain commodity they need for it has been very volatile in the last 2 years. If they had stayed private I'm not sure this would be a problem, but since they are now public they need to show 'growth'. In the name of short term profits they are probably going to switch to a somewhat inferior product in order to keep their profits up. It will be interesting to see if that will start to hurt their bottom line overall though, as they sacrifice a good quality ingredient, which is profitable, for a different one that is more profitable.
Personally I have never really shopped at WalMart, as in, I went to one for the first time in over a decade and probably the 5th time in my life to get my daughter a toy, since Toys R Us closed and Target didn't have what she wanted. I've always thought that cheapest doesn't actually mean its the cheapest. There is an in between from cheap and expensive to spending $$ on what will last and have the best value.
Anyway, I'm watching as multiple companies that have always put quality and value over low price begin to change their tunes, I won't root for them to lose their customer base, but it also won't surprise me if it happens.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

quality or price? Empty Re: quality or price?

Post by Cameron Thu 11 Jul - 20:12

"Somewhat vague"

quality or price? Ll316g
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 11 Jul - 20:18

Cameron wrote:"Somewhat vague"

quality or price? Ll316g

Your weed is about to get dumbed down by big tobacco.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 11 Jul - 20:36

For me and my often weird personal tastes, it really depends on the product.
As examples:
•I’m not going to buy cheap nails/screws or tools from Harbor Freight when experience tells me I’ll see performance issues, so I get those things from an actual lumber or hardware store I trust.
•I’m always willing to pay more for dark chocolate, because the expensive stuff is almost always better than off brands or private labels. In fact, I avoid private label products in general: soup, ice cream, orange juice, etc., because I notice differences in taste and quality. Coffee and produce, too. I try to support Biggby because it’s hyperlocal, but since I don’t like how they roast and brew their coffee, I buy others things and share with staff and neighbors.
•Several years ago, I stopped going to our favorite local Asian restaurant because they switched to inferior ingredients, and obviously others noticed the drop off in quality and taste because the place was out of business within a year—after being in business seemingly forever.

tl:dr Once the quality goes, I’m out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 11 Jul - 20:38

I buy my clothes at Walmart.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 11 Jul - 20:50

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I buy my clothes at Walmart.

Dad??
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down