Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small sample of the many complaints "the squad" has not made about America

+9
DWags
Jake from State Farm
Tim Wakefield
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Turtleneck
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A small sample of the many complaints "the squad" has not made about America Empty A small sample of the many complaints "the squad" has not made about America

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-16, 15:11

A small sample of the many complaints "the squad" has not made about America Screen10

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2019-07-16, 15:25; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A small sample of the many complaints "the squad" has not made about America Empty Re: A small sample of the many complaints "the squad" has not made about America

Post by Cameron 2019-07-16, 15:19

Turtleneck wrote:A small sample of the many complaints "the squad" has not made about America Screen10

I get what you're doing, and I think you should reconsider.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A small sample of the many complaints "the squad" has not made about America Empty Re: A small sample of the many complaints "the squad" has not made about America

Post by Cameron 2019-07-16, 15:19

And the last one is a dead giveaway.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-16, 15:23

Cameron wrote:And the last one is a dead giveaway.

The guy's whole campaign was rooted in complaining about America. Now he gets to check who complains about America.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-07-16, 15:30

Turtleneck wrote:
Cameron wrote:And the last one is a dead giveaway.

The guy's whole campaign was rooted in complaining about America. Now he gets to check who complains about America.

If his supporters comprehended basic logic, one could explain the implications of the "again" bit of MAGA. Alas...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-16, 15:31

America is a stupid country.

(I'm sorry if this post offends anyone).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-16, 15:36

Cameron wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

If his supporters comprehended basic logic, one could explain the implications of the "again" bit of MAGA. Alas...

Exactly. That's all I was going for.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-16, 15:38

It's a cult.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-16, 17:31

[tw]1151241622744682496[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-16, 22:20

I bet these super patriots are mad at those four women of color.

A small sample of the many complaints "the squad" has not made about America Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs?format=jpg&name=small
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-07-16, 22:23

If we’re going to talk about the squad can we come up with a better name than the squad I do not like it because it is lame
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-07-16, 22:29

How about the two hotties and the other ones?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-16, 22:55

Rocinante wrote:How about the two hotties and the other ones?

Not funny, Donald.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-07-17, 12:05

Complaint about "the squad":

https://twitter.com/mediaite/status/1151488500761419776?s=21

They're going to get Trump re-elected.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-17, 12:10

Tim Wakefield wrote:Complaint about "the squad":

I wouldn't got that far, but they are going to be cast aside by the rest of the party. Completely stupid move on their part and complete amateur hour. I'd be amazed if any of them ends up on the stage at the convention.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-07-17, 12:13

Tim Wakefield wrote:Complaint about "the squad":

I might have to vote for Trump just to watch their heads explode.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-17, 12:15

Yeah, they need to shut the fuck up too. I mean, not literally, god bless them, exercise their right to speak their minds and work for the wrongs they have personally faced or believe are happening in America. But they are divisive as Trump is, and they don't seem to realize that. There are ways to get your point across. As steve said, amateur hour.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-17, 12:38

Based on this thread, looks like the GOP/mainstream media agenda is working.

A small sample of the many complaints "the squad" has not made about America 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-17, 12:50

Interesting thread on Trumps racially charged campaign.

[tw]1151510543880073216[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-07-17, 12:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Based on this thread, looks like the GOP/mainstream media agenda is working.

A small sample of the many complaints "the squad" has not made about America 502811600

Brand new congresswomen call their party's current leader a racist + blame her for people attacking them online and when people on here point out that it's probably not a great idea, you think it's because of a channel that none of us watch?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-17, 12:56

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Based on this thread, looks like the GOP/mainstream media agenda is working.

Brand new congresswomen call their party's current leader a racist + blame her for people attacking them online and when people on here point out that it's probably not a great idea, you think it's because of a channel that none of us watch?

Don’t forget aoc’s staff member that tweeted out the other members of the dem caucus were segregationists. A lot of them are minorities and they were highly offended. The squad are the lefts tea party and are pretty much going to stand on their own.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-07-17, 12:59

steveschneider wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Brand new congresswomen call their party's current leader a racist + blame her for people attacking them online and when people on here point out that it's probably not a great idea, you think it's because of a channel that none of us watch?

Don’t forget aoc’s staff member that tweeted out the other members of the dem caucus were segregationists. A lot of them are minorities and they were highly offended. The squad are the lefts tea party and are pretty much going to stand on their own.

You have a right to your opinion.. so do I.. these fine ladies are standing up against the racist, Christian, bigot sexual predator and i applaud them for it.

(Sorry if any racists are offended by 4 brown women speaking their minds).
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-07-17, 13:12

Did anyone actually read the article linked to by the tweet Wake posted? I did, and I found the headline to be wildly misleading and flagrantly click-baity.

The closest they came to "blaming Pelosi for attacks and death threats" is when Tlaib said this:

“She is speaker of the House, she can ask for a meeting to sit down with us for clarification,” Tlaib continued, speaking of Pelosi. “The fact of the knowledge is, and I’ve done racial justice work in our country for a long time, acknowledge the fact that we are women of color, so when you do single us out, be aware of that, and what you’re doing. Especially because some of us are getting death threats. Because some of us are being singled out in many ways because of our backgrounds, because of our experiences and so forth.”

I don't know how that can credibly be read as blaming Pelosi for the threats. That's not to say I necessarily agree with Tlaib here, or at least not how she phrased her remarks, but still. Terrible headline.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-07-17, 13:23

Cameron wrote:Did anyone actually read the article linked to by the tweet Wake posted? I did, and I found the headline to be wildly misleading and flagrantly click-baity.

The closest they came to "blaming Pelosi for attacks and death threats" is when Tlaib said this:

“She is speaker of the House, she can ask for a meeting to sit down with us for clarification,” Tlaib continued, speaking of Pelosi. “The fact of the knowledge is, and I’ve done racial justice work in our country for a long time, acknowledge the fact that we are women of color, so when you do single us out, be aware of that, and what you’re doing. Especially because some of us are getting death threats. Because some of us are being singled out in many ways because of our backgrounds, because of our experiences and so forth.”

I don't know how that can credibly be read as blaming Pelosi for the threats. That's not to say I necessarily agree with Tlaib here, or at least not how she phrased her remarks, but still. Terrible headline.

Agreed
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-17, 13:27

But I also think some of us are out here who can uunderstand and appreciate their frustrations and anger, but believe there are better ways to go about it. I’m fine with anyone who cheers on the tough talk and a “fuck you im sick of this shit” attitude and really am empathetic towards it. I also know the party I belong to has cut its nose off to spite its face. See Nadar in Florida in 2000.

It is what we are, and sometimes we have to blame ourselves for taking the evil over the lesser of two evils. I fear we might be heading that way. Hope I’m wrong.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-07-17, 13:42

Cameron wrote:Did anyone actually read the article linked to by the tweet Wake posted? I did, and I found the headline to be wildly misleading and flagrantly click-baity.

My b. Phrasing could've been better by them, but I agree that's a garbage headline
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-17, 13:50

I listened to the audio this morning, didn't read the headline. The bad headline doesn't change my opinion.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-07-17, 14:00

As freshman members of Congress they need to tow the line. 1.) Defeat Trump 2.) Take the Senate 3.) Maintain the house.

You can kick, scream, and call everyone a racist all you want. It means nothing if you lose the oval office and Senate again. Focus on laying the groundwork so the changes you want can actually happen. You have no voice if you can't make good on your cause through the electoral process. If Dems lose the oval office and can't retake the Senate Trump will say America is rejecting their voices and vision. He will be right and they cannot argue the point. Stop sabotaging your own party.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-07-17, 14:42

If it wasn't the self-named "squad" Trump would be demonizing Elizabeth Warren and / or Bernie Sanders or Chuck Schumer or Kamala Harris or Corey Booker or Speaker Pelosi or (fill in the blank of a prominent Democrat getting headlines)

Do I agree with everything any of those 4 members of Congress want on an agenda? No. But I do think they all are putting forth views that are popular in their own districts and that's how they got elected.

Medicare for all is a big step but creating a public option where employers have the option to participate then the masses aren't being "forced" by the big bad gubmint. Their employers are making the choice for them.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-07-17, 14:55

steveschneider wrote:

I listened to the audio this morning, didn't read the headline. The bad headline doesn't change my opinion.

I mostly agree that they need to just drop it with Pelosi. I think I've made my disdain for Pelosi clear, but I don't think there's anything to be gained by continuing to (publicly) dump on Nancy. But the media seems to really enjoy this story, so I don't think we'll hear the end of it any time soon.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-07-17, 14:57

Tim Wakefield wrote:

My b. Phrasing could've been better by them, but I agree that's a garbage headline

They should be embarrassed by that headline. Ginning up controversy for clicks is the modern media model, though, so none of us should probably be surprised.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-17, 15:22

Tim Wakefield wrote:

yep.

Just the way I see it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-07-17, 15:25

Angry bitter racist white people that make up most of America will get trump re elected, not those people.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-07-17, 15:27

A “public option” would devastate the insurance industry essentially achieving the same goals as Medicare for all, so I find it a little disingenuous.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-17, 15:27

DWags wrote:

But I also think some of us are out here who can uunderstand and appreciate their frustrations and anger, but believe there are better ways to go about it. I’m fine with anyone who cheers on the tough talk and a “fuck you im sick of this shit” attitude and really am empathetic towards it. I also know the party I belong to has cut its nose off to spite its face. See Nadar in Florida in 2000.

It is what we are, and sometimes we have to blame ourselves for taking the evil over the lesser of two evils. I fear we might be heading that way. Hope I’m wrong.
I'm okay with them being themselves.

It's just bizarre to me how a bunch of idiot racists elected a racist, bigoted christian sexual predator who is a pedophile, mocks disabled people and denigrates POW's...

and we ask 4 strong, independent, smart women to just sit back and be quiet because the GOP and mainstream media is hellbent on demonizing them just so their hero can get reflected?

It boggles my mind that people fall for this stuff.

Heck, I guess I'm the idiot.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-07-17, 15:41

Rocinante wrote:A “public option” would devastate the insurance industry essentially achieving the same goals as Medicare for all, so I find it a little disingenuous.

I disagree. the insurance industry makes billions by administering Medicare Part B along with selling and administering supplemental policies that are either part of retired employee's pension plans or sold on individual basis.

They would take an initial hit but there would be some employers who would opt out and continue to have their HR deal with the health insurance companies.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-07-17, 15:56

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/13/opinion/sunday/scaling-wokeback-mountain.html

I agree with every take in this column from start to finish. Nailed it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-17, 16:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Angry bitter racist white people that make up most of America will get trump re elected, not those people.
this.

I can't imagine sitting in the suburban cul de sac thinking "I was gonna vote for Biden/Warren/Harris until I heard what those 4 mean Democrat women said... so now I'm firmly in support of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator"..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-07-17, 16:45

steveschneider wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/13/opinion/sunday/scaling-wokeback-mountain.html

I agree with every take in this column from start to finish. Nailed it.
if you liked that article, there will be more like them as the mainstream media rallies behind the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-17, 18:01

I’m just impressed that AOC and her squad are also rallying people behind the racist bigoted sexual predator. People and congressional reps are stupid.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next