Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting article on the Wisconsin Badgers and dismissed WR Quinten Cephus. He's found Not Guilty of sexual assault. The team wants him back, the school doesn't.

+2
GRR Spartan
DWags
6 posters

Go down

Interesting article on the Wisconsin Badgers and dismissed WR Quinten Cephus.  He's found Not Guilty of sexual assault. The team wants him back, the school doesn't.  Empty Interesting article on the Wisconsin Badgers and dismissed WR Quinten Cephus. He's found Not Guilty of sexual assault. The team wants him back, the school doesn't.

Post by DWags Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:01 am

I mean, he was found innocent by a jury trial of sexual assault, now Wisconsin is slow playing is readmission. Seems kind of odd that they're taking three months to review transcripts of the trial.

Anyway, interesting read.

U W slow playing readmission process for Qinten Cephus
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Interesting article on the Wisconsin Badgers and dismissed WR Quinten Cephus.  He's found Not Guilty of sexual assault. The team wants him back, the school doesn't.  Empty Re: Interesting article on the Wisconsin Badgers and dismissed WR Quinten Cephus. He's found Not Guilty of sexual assault. The team wants him back, the school doesn't.

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:39 am

UW-Madison is doing what many schools will consider. Not because Cephus was found innocent but fear of repercussions if he commits another crime.

It’s a “Minority Report” mindset for scholarship athletes in revenue producing sports.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Interesting article on the Wisconsin Badgers and dismissed WR Quinten Cephus.  He's found Not Guilty of sexual assault. The team wants him back, the school doesn't.  Empty Re: Interesting article on the Wisconsin Badgers and dismissed WR Quinten Cephus. He's found Not Guilty of sexual assault. The team wants him back, the school doesn't.

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:55 pm

If it were the NFL he’d be back on the field. Hard to make a call on this though without knowing what materials were submitted and what is required. Obviously his atttorney feels like it is enough but that’s what paid representation will say anyway.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:29 pm

All true. However, is this the dark side of the me too movement? If this guy did nothing and was falsely accused, is his life ruined by a false accusation? Is he persona non grata because of this? How frustrating would that be? He had a law suit going against Wisconsin. I'm assuming he will now resume that lawsuit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:22 pm

DWags wrote:All true. However, is this the dark side of the me too movement? If this guy did nothing and was falsely accused, is his life ruined by a false accusation? Is he persona non grata because of this? How frustrating would that be? He had a law suit going against Wisconsin. I'm assuming he will now resume that lawsuit.

I guess my thoughts are perhaps Wisconsin could speed things up a bit and let the attorney know what else they may need?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:39 pm

steveschneider wrote:If it were the NFL he’d be back on the field. Hard to make a call on this though without knowing what materials were submitted and what is required. Obviously his atttorney feels like it is enough but that’s what paid representation will say anyway.

Keith Mumphery sure hopes you are correct.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:00 pm

StylesGShmooth wrote:
steveschneider wrote:If it were the NFL he’d be back on the field. Hard to make a call on this though without knowing what materials were submitted and what is required. Obviously his atttorney feels like it is enough but that’s what paid representation will say anyway.

Keith Mumphery sure hopes you are correct.

Are they really the same situations? My memory isn't that good on this stuff, but wasn't his just a title IX case? Also, he got a pay out so sounds like at least they corrected things.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Corrected things? Didn’t he get released by the team? You can’t really fix that.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Corrected things? Didn’t he get released by the team? You can’t really fix that.

He was graduated, and wasn't allowed back on campus? I thought he got a settlement. I don't know though, my memory just doesn't retain this type of information beyond a week or so after everyone talks about it and my motivation to go back and look it up just isn't there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:27 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Corrected things? Didn’t he get released by the team? You can’t really fix that.

He was graduated, and wasn't allowed back on campus? I thought he got a settlement. I don't know though, my memory just doesn't retain this type of information beyond a week or so after everyone talks about it and my motivation to go back and look it up just isn't there.

Life is no place to be misinformed, Steve.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2017/06/02/houston-texans-cut-keith-mumphery-max-bullough/366278001/

The Houston Texans cut wide receiver Keith Mumphery today, two days after a Free Press report revealed he had been expelled and banned from Michigan State’s campus for violating university policy on relationship violence and sexual misconduct.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Life is no place to be misinformed, Steve.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2017/06/02/houston-texans-cut-keith-mumphery-max-bullough/366278001/

The Houston Texans cut wide receiver Keith Mumphery today, two days after a Free Press report revealed he had been expelled and banned from Michigan State’s campus for violating university policy on relationship violence and sexual misconduct.

Looks like I wasn't doing too bad, look at the subsequent article. He got a settlement, cleared his name and is hoping to return to the NFL. If he was a star player no way the Texans would have cut him.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2019/05/29/keith-mumphery-michigan-state-houston-texans/1245983001/

Last edited by steveschneider on Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:53 pm

From a practical standpoint, these Title IX hearings deny due process to the accused because they almost always occur prior to the completion of the criminal justice process. No way should schools be meting out punishment before his or her day in court. It’s completely unfair and presumes guilt based only on the word of the complainant. I hope this Wiscy player takes up his lawsuit again, regardless of if or when UW makes a decision.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:16 am

Reinstated today.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:22 am

DWags wrote:Reinstated today.

It’s good to see major college athletics exerting its will over academia once in awhile.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:57 pm

DWags wrote:Reinstated today.

Great news. I hope both parties are able to move forward and heal.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down