Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this one different?

+20
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Cameron
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
y2kMgrad
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
Rocinante
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
24 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Is this one different? - Page 19 Empty Re: Is this one different?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-21, 05:18

The New York Times saying "don't impeach. The racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is doing what he said he would do, all within the scope of the presidency".

Is this one different? - Page 19 502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/20/opinion/trump-impeachment.amp.html
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-11-21, 05:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The New York Times saying "don't impeach. The racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is doing what he said he would do, all within the scope of the presidency".

Caution: Mainstream Media Link - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/20/opinion/trump-impeachment.amp.html

I'm not burning one of my free reads on that, but it looks like one of those thing where they have to equal time to the minority party after the SOTU. I mean, it's not actually written by the NYT editorial board.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-11-21, 08:08

This reminds me about the numerous times I had to tell Guest that opinion =/= fact.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-11-21, 08:35

Bob wants Pravda-style one-sidedness (as long as it's his side) from the media.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-21, 09:49

Watched some testimony last night and saw that sick scum bag Jim Jordan. Got me thinking how in the world is this not a bigger scandal? The doctor at OSU abused 177 students. There's article after article about how Jim Jordan failed to protect those kids. I can't believe after a guy like Al Franken was pressured to step down this guy is still serving.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-21, 09:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The New York Times saying "don't impeach. The racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is doing what he said he would do, all within the scope of the presidency".

That guy is obviously a guest op-ed writer from some conservative magazine. I don't know what the answer is. CNN brings in a lot of shit heads as well that just look at the camera and lie directly to the audience. I see value to bringing forward real opinions that exist in America and this guy obviously represents what a lot of people believe. I mean to any sane person it should be obvious that Trump is guilty but here we are in times where the truth and facts don't mean much. The news job is to inform and bring us the truth and in this case I don't know what the right answer is.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-11-21, 09:59

steveschneider wrote:Watched some testimony last night and saw that sick scum bag Jim Jordan. Got me thinking how in the world is this not a bigger scandal? The doctor at OSU abused 177 students. There's article after article about how Jim Jordan failed to protect those kids. I can't believe after a guy like Al Franken was pressured to step down this guy is still serving.
Jim Jordan didn't do anything to the students in their eyes. Al Franken is a democrat who inappropriately touched a woman, and democrats preach against sexual assualt, which makes Al Franken a hypocrit who wants to tell you want to do, while doing whatever he wants to do.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-21, 10:18

InTenSity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Watched some testimony last night and saw that sick scum bag Jim Jordan. Got me thinking how in the world is this not a bigger scandal? The doctor at OSU abused 177 students. There's article after article about how Jim Jordan failed to protect those kids. I can't believe after a guy like Al Franken was pressured to step down this guy is still serving.
Jim Jordan didn't do anything to the students in their eyes. Al Franken is a democrat who inappropriately touched a woman, and democrats preach against sexual assualt, which makes Al Franken a hypocrit who wants to tell you want to do, while doing whatever he wants to do.

I think what did Al in was that photo where he looks like he's going for the ladies breast. I mean I get it he was doing it as a frat level attempt at humor but still wrong and I think there was justification for him going. What went down at OSU is pretty awful and there should be a look into how this happened and who is accountable. Also, I pray Lavigne and Murphy don't go down there and do another shitty report. We need real answers.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-21, 10:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I'm not burning one of my free reads on that, but it looks like one of those thing where they have to equal time to the minority party after the SOTU. I mean, it's not actually written by the NYT editorial board.
oh I know.

I just get a kick out of the mainstream media publishing pieces openly celebrating their reason for existing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-21, 10:51

I know.

The whole point is when you hear the patriotic GOP whine about the "liberal media", know that the media is about making money. Nothing else.

And the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator makes them money. It's why they shamelessly promoted him leading up to the 2016 election and why they've spent years normalizing his corruption.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-21, 10:52

https://mobile.twitter.com/saosasha/status/1197320791706263552?s=21
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-21, 10:56

MiamiSpartan wrote:Bob wants Pravda-style one-sidedness (as long as it's his side) from the media.
I'd love to do away with the corporate mainstream media. It's a large part of why America is so stupid, uneducated and misinformed.

However, it is fun to laugh at the media's faithful supporters. So, there is that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-21, 11:42

scanning some of today's testimony.

can you imagine hating America and traditional American values any more than the republican party does?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-11-21, 12:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Bob wants Pravda-style one-sidedness (as long as it's his side) from the media.
I'd love to do away with the corporate mainstream media. It's a large part of why America is so stupid, uneducated and misinformed.

However, it is fun to laugh at the media's faithful supporters. So, there is that.
It's far more dangerous to have media that refuse to report on news that one side might not agree with, like you advocate.

Laugh at me all you want, but 1 opinion piece that is pro-Trump out of 20 is not a pro-Trump conspiracy.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-11-21, 12:24

InTenSity wrote:
It's probably too much to hope for, but how awesome would it be if one of these witnesses called him out on that when he's questioning their integrity. Dr. Hill seems fiery enough to potentially do it, but is also probably above that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-21, 12:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:This reminds me about the numerous times I had to tell Guest that opinion =/= fact.

Yep. I'm fine with the op-ed. It's a main stream opinion from our republican party which holds a lot of power. I think its fair to publish it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-11-21, 13:01

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It's far more dangerous to have media that refuse to report on news that one side might not agree with, like you advocate.

Laugh at me all you want, but 1 opinion piece that is pro-Trump out of 20 is not a pro-Trump conspiracy.

I actually think it’s far more dangerous to play the both sides game when one side is just making shit up at will.

It’s not always a matter of what you agree with. There is such a thing as true and false. A media obsessed with both sides has led us down a path where one side uses that obsession to blast messages that are objectively false.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-21, 13:34

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'd never laugh at you.

I'm just saying that America is a stupid country and it's largely because of the corporate mainstream media.. along with social media.

which, in most ways, they're one in the same.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-21, 13:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I actually think it’s far more dangerous to play the both sides game when one side is just making shit up at will.

It’s not always a matter of what you agree with. There is such a thing as true and false. A media obsessed with both sides has led us down a path where one side uses that obsession to blast messages that are objectively false.
and that's exactly what the mainstream media does.. in order to attempt to seem non-partisan, they take absolute facts and do the "both sides" thing.

Rep. Adam Schiff: "it's 1:23 PM in Washington DC and the sun is out"..

"next up on CNN, we'll have Ted Nugent here to represent "real America" and he'll tell us why the Harvard law grad is wrong about the sun being out in the middle of the afternoon"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-11-21, 13:54

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Wait, you really think that if the President makes a statement about something, the news media shouldn't report it? Or at least not if they are critics of the President? That's absurd.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-21, 14:00

Dr. Hill hittin' right at the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator, the cowards in the GOP and the mainstream media:

Hill: "In the course of this investigation, I would ask that you please not promote politically driven falsehoods that so clearly advance the Russian interests...These fictions are harmful even if they're deployed for purely domestic political purposes."
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-11-21, 14:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

and that's exactly what the mainstream media does.. in order to attempt to seem non-partisan, they take absolute facts and do the "both sides" thing.

"next up on CNN, we'll have Ted Nugent here to represent "real America" and he'll tell us why the Harvard law grad is wrong about the sun being out in the middle of the afternoon"..

Is this one different? - Page 19 DHYVRTSXkAAy2Ff
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-21, 14:04

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Is this one different? - Page 19 DHYVRTSXkAAy2Ff
ladies and gentlemen, I give you the mainstream media analysis.. Is this one different? - Page 19 502811600 Is this one different? - Page 19 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-21, 14:06

Minority Leader illustrates why his party is in the minority..

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said, "I think we’ve had enough. I think it’s time to shut it down," referring to the impeachment inquiry while speaking at his weekly House press conference today.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-11-21, 15:07

Rep Swalwell drops a bomb on Nunes smug ass. Him and his staff worked with Lev Parness securing meetings in Ukraine.

Lev Parnas, an indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani, helped arrange meetings and calls in Europe for Rep. Devin Nunes in 2018, Parnas’  lawyer Ed MacMahon told The Daily Beast.

Nunes aide Derek Harvey participated in the meetings, the lawyer said, which were arranged to help Nunes’ investigative work. MacMahon didn’t specify what those investigations entailed.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-21, 15:25

it just keeps getting more corrupt for the GOP.

no wonder they're demanding for an end to the impeachment inquiry.. Is this one different? - Page 19 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-21, 15:38

I don't think Gym Jordan is a smart person.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-11-21, 15:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't think Gym Jordan is a smart person.

People who scream the loudest and feign outrage seldom are the sharpest knives.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-21, 16:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I agree with this, but we have to hear about it somehow the people spewing out this BS are some of the most powerful people on earth. Maybe the news paper should just have a section devoted to the BS the republicans are saying that is complete horse shit and why.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-11-22, 08:10

[tw]1197862304462901248[/tw]

Shocked
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-11-22, 09:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1197862304462901248[/tw]

Shocked

In it for the $$$
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-22, 10:38

kingstonlake wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1197862304462901248[/tw]

Shocked

In it for the $$$
yep - like most cowards, refuses to do anything of consequence.. but will cash in on his experiences and do the mainstream media book tour promotional interviews.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-22, 13:56

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator went on one of his mainstream media shows this morning whining about how Yovanovitch refused to hang his picture up in an embassy.

"She wouldn't hang my picture in the embassy ... it took like a year & a half or 2 years for her to get the picture up ... this was not an angel, ok?"

poor little guy.... Is this one different? - Page 19 502811600 Is this one different? - Page 19 502811600 Is this one different? - Page 19 502811600 Is this one different? - Page 19 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-11-22, 14:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator went on one of his mainstream media shows this morning whining about how Yovanovitch refused to hang his picture up in an embassy.

"She wouldn't hang my picture in the embassy ... it took like a year & a half or 2 years for her to get the picture up ... this was not an angel, ok?"

poor little guy.....Is this one different? - Page 19 502811600 Is this one different? - Page 19 502811600 Is this one different? - Page 19 502811600 Is this one different? - Page 19 502811600

Chances he saw she was stationed in Kiev and travel to Russia to verify?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-11-22, 20:28

lol, trying to bribe his way out of it.

[tw]1198029920355659776[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-11-23, 08:41

Lev Parnas attorney saying his client is willing to testify on meetings with Nunes and Sholkin and himself in Ukraine in 2018 on launching investigations into the Bidens.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-24, 07:15

kingstonlake wrote:Lev Parnas attorney saying his client is willing to testify on meetings with Nunes and Sholkin and himself in Ukraine in 2018 on launching investigations into the Bidens.
one thing I will give the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and his cowardly enablers: they are so deeply and incredibly corrupt, it makes it almost impossible to have their multitude of corrupt activities investigated.

I mean, there's only so much time in the day.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-11-24, 11:16

How on gods green earth does Nunes survive this? I get it. It’s Washington but how do they not at the very least yank his seat in the committee
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-11-24, 22:09

kingstonlake wrote:How on gods green earth does Nunes survive this? I get it. It’s Washington but how do they not at the very least yank his seat in the committee
To be fair, at this point, this is all based on a claim from a guy that the Democrats have spent weeks painting (correctly) as a slimeball piece of shit that created a false smear campaign against a US official in order to get them fired. So let's rush to believe that this smear campaign against a US official to get them fired is true because we don't like his politics.

Not saying that this isn't true, but Dems can't really make a case for Parnas having any credibility.

My question is, why does the lawyer wait to leak this until the day after the hearings are over (or why did Parnas wait to tell his lawyer)? The timing of this isn't a coincidence, I'm just not sure why they chose this timing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-11-25, 08:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Wait, you really think that if the President makes a statement about something, the news media shouldn't report it? Or at least not if they are critics of the President? That's absurd.

If the president is blindly making shit up? Then yeah, they should do a hell of a lot better than “well I know you see it that way but other people think that’s not right. We’ll debate both sides after the break.”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum