Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know what? Fuck these House Democrats

+4
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Know what?  Fuck these House Democrats  Empty Know what? Fuck these House Democrats

Post by DWags Tue 8 Oct 2019 - 23:45

Bunch of cowards. I don’t blame Trump for stonewalling and ignoring their subpoenas. They will continue to do nothing about them doing so except parading Schiff out there to be morally outraged. Do something or step down and drop this shit.

What’s worse is these assholes bring up what the pubs did to Clinton and what the pubs said during that time.

BFD.

Stop whining. I’m hereby exonerating Trump of all charges. It’s the cooking network for me from here on out.

Bunch of P words.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Know what?  Fuck these House Democrats  Empty Re: Know what? Fuck these House Democrats

Post by tGreenWay Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 0:48

Someone’s been Know what?  Fuck these House Democrats  2267303065
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Know what?  Fuck these House Democrats  Empty Re: Know what? Fuck these House Democrats

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 6:37

What is it that they aren't doing that you want them to, Dwags? Did I miss something about them dropping the impeachment?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 7:03

She should have just held the vote on the inquiry. She’s worried about losing the house because of it. She’s trying to gather as much info as she can without actually having the votes on record and trump is saying fuck you, you haven’t held a vote for an inquiry so you’re not getting any info. And I don’t blame him.

I get as speaker you set the rules. Republicans did the same thing. But an impeachment is different. She wants the scope narrowed and focused, detailed. Well we’re not gonna have an on record vote for the inquiry though. Dems are HORRIBLE at delivering the message. Meanwhile every second and penny everyone focuses on impeachment is second not focused on putting feet on the ground, get a 2020 message out, getting people registered to vote etc.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 7:22

kingstonlake wrote:She should have just held the vote on the inquiry. She’s worried about losing the house because of it. She’s trying to gather as much info as she can without actually having the votes on record and trump is saying fuck you, you haven’t held a vote for an inquiry so you’re not getting any info. And I don’t blame him.

I get as speaker you set the rules. Republicans did the same thing. But an impeachment is different. She wants the scope narrowed and focused, detailed. Well we’re not gonna have an on record vote for the inquiry though. Dems are HORRIBLE at delivering the message. Meanwhile every second and penny everyone focuses on impeachment is second not focused on putting feet on the ground, get a 2020 message out, getting people registered to vote etc.

Yep, he is so winning. Congress can have people arrested. 1857 that law was enacted. They’ve arrested non compliant witnesses before. So fuck everyone of them. I’m tired of the back and forth.
I cant watch this shit. I wake up this morning and they’re playing back all the shit Lindsey Graham said during Clinton’s impeachment and that other weasel congressman from South Carolina. So what? Complain and whine all you want. Doing nothing is doing nothing. But when the White House laughs at you and says they’re going to completely ignore everything you say do or subpoena it’s a slam dunk victory for Trump.

The Hoover one wet jet is on the cooking channel right now. It makes my coffee taste better. It can vacuum and wash.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 9:15

It’s troubling.
But never in our lifetimes have we seen a perfect storm that’s been created when Trump won, was sworn in and has been aided By Senate majority leader McConnel starting back with blocking President Obama’s SCOTUS nominee.

Trump, McConnell and Trump appointees, especially AG Barr and Sec of State Pompeo have negated any semblance of Congressional oversight of the Executive branch. We are in the midst of a true authoritarian President free to say and do anything and ignore what has been standard practices that have been around for 200 years. I will vote in Nov 2020 but given factors from polls cleansing, slow walking voting machines requiring a paper back up and computer aided gerrymandering wonder if my will make a difference.

What is Schiff supposed to do or say? As of this morning President Trump will block anyone he can from testifying in public.

I read NYT, WaPo, LATimes, Chicago Trib, Bloomberg and the Detroit rags. Limit my TV news to 30 min of NBC or ABC and flip local news when they try to do National news. I’ve even cut way back on NPR. If it’s a political story I change the station to sports radio or music.

The people who planned our country’s Federal government and its 3 branches that were supposed to create a balance. They never expected a person like Trump would be elected.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 9:33

Can Congress arrest people though? I mean, they can issue the warrant or whatever, but who does the actual arresting and detainment? I'm not sure if that can fall under the Capitol Police's jurisdiction, which is supposed to be more about protection.

This could very well go to the Supreme Court, like I think similar questions did with Nixon (and even most of the conservatives on the SC are not going to be Trump slappies, and they aren't beholden to him).

Republicans in Congress are in a tough spot. Of course, they and their constituents want them to defend Trump. But if Trump succeeds at ignoring Congressional subpoenas, then Congress cedes a ton of power to the executive branch. How are Republicans going to feel about that? It severely hurts the power if the body that they are part of, but also with the real possibility of a Dem being in the executive branch 15 months from now.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 9:40

kingstonlake wrote:She should have just held the vote on the inquiry. She’s worried about losing the house because of it. She’s trying to gather as much info as she can without actually having the votes on record and trump is saying fuck you, you haven’t held a vote for an inquiry so you’re not getting any info. And I don’t blame him.

I don't care if they vote to start impeachment proceedings or or not. The House will still vote on the actual impeachment. Trump can make up fake claims about the "fairness" and "due process", but it is nonsense. And none of that changes what Trump did or didn't do. He likely won't be convicted by the Senate either way, so whether or not there is a vote to start impeachment proceedings, Trump will claim that it is a witch hunt and claim vindication when yhe Senate doesn't convict. The lack of a vote to start proceedings will just be a small footnote that no one will care about by November 2020 when voters decide.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 11:55

As much as Pelosi doesn't want to put some vulnerable Democrats on record of voting for impeachment, it is also going to put a lot of Republicans on record that they currently support the erosion of Congressional power, by voting against impeachment. I think the Dems are too worried because of what happened with the Mueller Report, and they are believing republican talking points. Any 'independent' who is tired of this 'witch hunt' isn't truly an independent. They aren't getting any republicans to vote in their favor. Polls are showing that independents will support the inquiry and proceedings.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 12:34

InTenSity wrote:As much as Pelosi doesn't want to put some vulnerable Democrats on record of voting for impeachment, it is also going to put a lot of Republicans on record that they currently support the erosion of Congressional power, by voting against impeachment. I think the Dems are too worried because of what happened with the Mueller Report, and they are believing republican talking points. Any 'independent' who is tired of this 'witch hunt' isn't truly an independent. They aren't getting any republicans to vote in their favor. Polls are showing that independents will support the inquiry and proceedings.

Those Republicans are so safe for the most part they don't care. Gerrymandering has made those districts a cake walk. You could literally put up a horse against Neil DeGrasse Tyson and if the horse had an R next to the name it'd probably win.

Those flipped seats were a lot closer.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 12:54

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/09/podcasts/the-daily/house-democrats-elissa-slotkin.html

I'll put this right here as well. Listen to the constituents and this is a good look at what a lot of these dems are up against in their districts.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 12:59

steveschneider wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/09/podcasts/the-daily/house-democrats-elissa-slotkin.html

I'll put this right here as well. Listen to the constituents and this is a good look at what a lot of these dems are up against in their districts.
I wouldn't put it past Republicans to bus people in to argue with congress people at their own town halls. I doubt they ask for ID to get in and stop people who aren't from the district. Also, which is more important, the country or a temporary job that was won? Although I also get it, because it is such a slim margin in Congress, that losing a few seats could flip it back.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 13:03

InTenSity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/09/podcasts/the-daily/house-democrats-elissa-slotkin.html

I wouldn't put it past Republicans to bus people in to argue with congress people at their own town halls. I doubt they ask for ID to get in and stop people who aren't from the district. Also, which is more important, the country or a temporary job that was won? Although I also get it, because it is such a slim margin in Congress, that losing a few seats could flip it back.

Yeah, I think they mention the talking point memo they were sending around the district to get people out there. It's a very fascinating listen, and I commend her for handling those peoples questions so well. You'll hear a lot of the knuckle draggers that Bob refers to in there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 9 Oct 2019 - 13:41

InTenSity wrote:

It happened a decade ago when Congressmen went to meetings in their home districts to explain the ACA and were met by well organized groups major help by The Tea Party with the sole intention of shouting down the Congressmen and others there to explain the program.

I went to one of those meetings and saw it for myself. A strange amalgam of Tea Party, Libertarians, NRA, Right to Life, anti-vaccine and education voucher supporters. Must impressive or spooky almost all had maps to the venue with times and instructions on when to arrive and where to sit placing groups of 4-8 mixed in with the crowd.

My hope for Slotkin and Senator Peters who is also up for re-election is two fold. Their campaigns run 30 second TV and radio ads opening with their GOP opponents stating their full support for President Trump they will have to say to win the GOP nomination and the final 20 seconds with 2 or 3 Live quotes from Trump or someone reading 2 or 3 Presidential tweets. The other is mortality rates are accurate.and more than 11,000 of Trump’s loyalest supporters (voters 65+) will have passed this veil of tears by the time Nov 2020 arrives.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down