Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most famous restaurant in Michigan: The Bavarian Inn? Really?

+8
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Wally Fairway
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
DWags
12 posters

Go down

Most famous restaurant in Michigan:  The Bavarian Inn?   Really?   Empty Most famous restaurant in Michigan: The Bavarian Inn? Really?

Post by DWags 2019-10-17, 05:07

I guess we're talking fame and not good. Lacking anything that isn't otherwise known state wide, I guess I"m forced to agree. Is Tony's known state wide?

Most famous restaurant in al l50 states
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Most famous restaurant in Michigan:  The Bavarian Inn?   Really?   Empty Re: Most famous restaurant in Michigan: The Bavarian Inn? Really?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-10-17, 06:40

Zehnders > Bavarian Inn.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Most famous restaurant in Michigan:  The Bavarian Inn?   Really?   Empty Re: Most famous restaurant in Michigan: The Bavarian Inn? Really?

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-17, 07:08

They have really clean bathrooms.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-10-17, 09:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:Zehnders > Bavarian Inn.

This. They didn't even get the most famous restaurant in Frankenmuth. F-.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-17, 10:57

Which one repurposes the leftover chicken on guests’ plates and turns it into chicken chili? I think it was Zehnder’s.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-10-17, 11:12

Pronto Pup - ftw
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-10-17, 11:19

Wally Fairway wrote:Pronto Pup - ftw

The place in Grand Haven? Not sure it's even the most famous place in Grand Haven (Fricanos?) but I do love a good Pronto Pup.

Most famous restaurant in Michigan:  The Bavarian Inn?   Really?   Pronto10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-10-17, 11:19

I mean, I get that they’re going for single standing family owned type restaurants....

But if you were to really name the most famous restaurant from Michigan it would be dominoes or little caesars right? More people know of that than the restaurant in the place where they creepily celebrate Christmas year round.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2019-10-17, 12:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:

The place in Grand Haven!

I mean look at that line ....
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-17, 12:51

How about Bilbo's in Kalamazoo?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-10-17, 14:27

Zingerman's? Remember, this isn't "the best" it's "most famous".
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-17, 14:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Zingerman's? Remember, this isn't "the best" it's "most famous".

This. Although the winner and Zehnder’s might be more well known in Michigan, but Zingerman’s is definitely known nationally.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-10-17, 15:45

Literally the only one of the restaurants mentioned in this thread that I've heard of, much less eaten at, is Bilbo's (not counting Little Caesar's or Dominoes, obviously).

Not sure if that says more about me or more about the renown of Michigan's eateries.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-10-17, 15:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:Pronto Pup - ftw

The place in Grand Haven? Not sure it's even the most famous place in Grand Haven (Fricanos?) but I do love a good Pronto Pup.

I love a good Pronto Pup, as well. But...Fricano's is not good. Their pizza makes me think that they dipped a piece of cardboard in a fryer and covered it with play-do and ketchup. When it comes to pizza in GH for me, I'd rather have the Clover Bar, which I'm still not a big fan of. These are thin pizzas and I like my pizza thick like I like my women (the last part is not entirely true).

Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-10-17, 21:04

Never heard of pronto whatever. Did have super thin pizza in GH once. Pretty good.

Frankenmuth... Yeah. Zinngermans... Yeah. Slows?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-10-17, 23:05

We have been going to Zehnders/Splash Village for the past 2-3 years during Christmas break. It's fucking pretty gross man. Usually it's tolerable because we can take the shuttle from the hotel and I can slam a couple of tall IPA drafts before the food arrives.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down