Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread

+11
MiamiSpartan
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
Cameron
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Rocinante
Nordic
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread Empty tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread

Post by Nordic 2020-02-27, 00:55

Rocinante wrote:Has anyone seen Ronny Chieng: Asian Comedian Destroys America!

I think it might be the best end to end stand up routine I’ve seen in a decade.

Check it out on Netflix.

I'll check it out.

I figured this warranted it's own thread. Stand-up comedy is really good right now.  There are a lot of Netflix/Amazon specials and shows out there. Hell, I even think SNL has been pretty good recently (I don't watch them all).

Went last weekend to see Chris Porter in Toledo. I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard. He's got an old and new special on Amazon Prime that hooked me on to him. Same style to both, but it works.

https://www.amazon.com/Chris-Porter-Angry-Jay-Chapman/dp/B00KS0DQIU

https://www.amazon.com/Chris-Porter-Man-Kansas/dp/B07NXQM2J7

Last edited by Nordic on 2020-04-25, 22:37; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread Empty Re: tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread

Post by Rocinante 2020-02-27, 01:03

The new norm Macdonald stand up is pretty good too.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread Empty Re: tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread

Post by Nordic 2020-02-28, 08:30

Looks like I have my quarantine playlist for weekend

https://www.insider.com/best-netflix-comedy-specials-ranked-rotten-tomatoes-scores?amp
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-28, 08:40

Nordic wrote:

Check it out on Netflix.

I'll check it out.

I figured this warranted it's own thread. Stand-up comedy is really good right now.  There are a lot of Netflix/Amazon specials and shows out there. Hell, I even think SNL has been pretty good recently (I don't watch them all).

Went last weekend to see Chris Porter in Toledo. I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard. He's got an old and new special on Amazon Prime that hooked me on to him. Same style to both, but it works.

Watched Ronny Chieng on your advice Roc. It was worth the while but definitely slowed in some areas. Home alone this weekend, will dig into Nordic's picks here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-02-28, 08:45

Nordic wrote:

Check it out on Netflix.

I'll check it out.

Good call Roc. I saw this thread and that Ronny Cheing special immediately came to mind.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-02-28, 20:06

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I'll check it out.

Watched Ronny Chieng on your advice Roc.  It was worth the while but definitely slowed in some areas.  Home alone this weekend, will dig into Nordic's picks here.

I definitely recommend watching Ugly and Angry first. tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-02-28, 20:59

I remember I saw this new up comer way back in the 80s on Star Search. Dude would crush with the judges and went on to win. I’m talking about the one and only Sinbad.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-03-09, 18:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I'll check it out.

Good call Roc. I saw this thread and that Ronny Cheing special immediately came to mind.

PRIME NOW!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-03-09, 18:48

Rocinante wrote:The new norm Macdonald stand up is pretty good too.

Just want to reiterate this. Norm MacDonald’s humor just never gets old for me. The stupid ass jokes that he has the guests on Norm MacDonald Has A Show read just make me hyperventilate. Michael Keaton episode is my favorite I think.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-14, 21:16

Just fired up Tom Pappa in Prime. Will report out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-15, 16:29

Pappa didn't keep my attention and ended up watching Ford vs. Ferrari. His opening skit about Chinese eating bats and mini-gators was Shocked
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-03-17, 18:23

Bert Kreischer: Hey Big Boy on Netflix. If you like to laugh at dumb shit, you'll love this.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-17, 20:35

Cameron wrote:Bert Kreischer: Hey Big Boy on Netflix. If you like to laugh at dumb shit, you'll love this.

That was a good one
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-03-17, 20:48

Good idea guys. I will have to check some out and report back.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-03-17, 21:15

Nordic wrote:
Cameron wrote:Bert Kreischer: Hey Big Boy on Netflix. If you like to laugh at dumb shit, you'll love this.

That was a good one

From a non-parent perspective, that's the best parenting material I've ever heard.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-03-17, 21:39

I had tickets to see Josh Blue this Saturday night. That's not happening anymore. tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-21, 00:07

Fallen doing his show from home. So awkward it's tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread 1966794946
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-28, 00:07

lol! Fallen's awkward home monologue for Friday got me. tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread 1486952199
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-28, 00:23

tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread 4113017228 they are pimping zoom... hard
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-12, 17:07

SNL with Tom Hanks was solid last night
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-12, 18:39

I like his stuff. Seems like a cool dude off stage.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-04-15, 03:51

The Neal Brennan (former Chappelle Show writer and producer) standup show is really good. Funny and touching and yes he talks about Dave.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-25, 22:40

Anthony Jeselnik on Netflix. He hits on 50% of his jokes, but the ones he's does are Shocked tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread 1966794946 . His jokes are short and his delivery is great.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-04-25, 22:44

Nordic wrote:Anthony Jeselnik on Netflix. He hits on 50% of his jokes, but the ones he's does are Shocked tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread 1966794946 . His jokes are short, but his delivery is great.

He's like if Daniel Tosh and Christopher Walken had a kid
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-25, 22:46

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Nordic wrote:Anthony Jeselnik on Netflix. He hits on 50% of his jokes, but the ones he's does are Shocked tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread 1966794946 . His jokes are short, but his delivery is great.

He's like if Daniel Tosh and Christopher Walken had a kid

Lol. Nailed it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-04-26, 00:45

SNL nailing it again
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-26, 08:55

Nordic wrote:SNL nailing it again

"Miracles are great, but they shouldn't be your plan A. Even Sully tried to land at the airport first". tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread 502811600

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-04-26, 13:51

What’s up with that was stupid but just what I needed.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-08, 23:07

tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread 1966794946

On Netflix

https://www.jimgaffigan.com/
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-09, 09:23

Nordic wrote:tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread 1966794946

On Netflix

https://www.jimgaffigan.com/

Wife and I have watched 3 of his sets the last couple of days. Oh my god, there were things in each one that had me laughing like I rarely do. The circumcision bit stands out.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2020-08-09, 11:13

Rocinante wrote:
Rocinante wrote:The new norm Macdonald stand up is pretty good too.

Just want to reiterate this. Norm MacDonald’s humor just never gets old for me. The stupid ass jokes that he has the guests on Norm MacDonald Has A Show read just make me hyperventilate. Michael Keaton episode is my favorite I think.

One of my favorite jokes:

https://youtu.be/jJN9mBRX3uo
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-08-09, 11:47

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I lost it the first time I heard this one
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-11, 23:18

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-11, 23:54

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Just want to reiterate this.  Norm MacDonald’s humor just never gets old for me.  The stupid ass jokes that he has the guests on Norm MacDonald Has A Show read just make me hyperventilate.  Michael Keaton episode is my favorite I think.  

tOfficial Standup (and other) Comedy Thread 502811600
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-16, 13:16

Nate Bargatze apparently won some comedy show I never watched but anyway he got a special on Netflix. The first 15 and last 5 minutes are really good. It drags in the middle. If you just watch the beginning though it’s worth it. Deadpan funny dude.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-02, 22:33

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-05, 18:20

SNL was solid this weekend. Baldwin is an amazing Trump and Carey nailed Biden. His walk-in got me right from the jump

The Mike Litt and mask skit were good too.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-05, 18:23

Thought the segment was funny but Carey’s delivery was not good.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-10-05, 19:07

Haven't seen it yet but from reading Maya Rudolph stole the show as Kamala. Anyone got a link?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-05, 21:16

Vid is posted above. If it is not showing, just go to youtude and search SNL Trump. I didn't dig the Kamala part as much. I'm sure it is part just not being a big Maya Rudolph fan. 

Re: Carey, I was a bit concerned when I heard he was going to do Biden, but was thought he was good. A little rough on the delivery and a bit too much rambling (overall the skit was a bit ling), but I thought he nailed his look, mannerisms and general demeanor from the debate. 

Baldwin is going to be impossible to beat, but I think Carey will settle in. As long as he keeps the physical slapstick to a minimum.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next