Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+35
Trapper Gus
Probably CF
Pervis Muldoon
Dendrobates
aualum06
MSU addict
Motown Spartan
The Pantry
MattyFresh
y2kMgrad
WhiteBoyHatcher
Senior Dickfist
Rocinante
Wally Fairway
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
AvgMSUJoe
Heat Miser
Banks2Mason
Tim Wakefield
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
tGreenWay
steveschneider
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
39 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by DWags Sat 18 Jan 2020 - 23:50

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:Jim Harbaugh and Sherman don’t like each other

Did you hear about the moon landing?

Fake.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Turtleneck Sat 18 Jan 2020 - 23:56

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Did you hear about the moon landing?

Fake.

I'm with you, DWags. 100% fake.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 2:25

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

Fake.

Actually, it’s only 80% fake. It’s true, everything was filmed on a Hollywood sound stage, but the moon rocks themselves have been identified as being 100% real. Problem is, neither NASA nor anyone else knows how real moon rocks wound up on earth when no human has ever walked on the moon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 7:20

Now that was a great read. Jim’s ex players really don’t have many nice things to say but hey the A2 crowd loves him because he’s a ‘Michigan Man’.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 8:40

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Actually, it’s only 80% fake. It’s true, everything was filmed on a Hollywood sound stage, but the moon rocks themselves have been identified as being 100% real. Problem is, neither NASA nor anyone else knows how real moon rocks wound up on earth when no human has ever walked on the moon.
Key word being no HUMAN has ever walked on the moon. They were clearly brought back millions of years ago by the Astrosaurs.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 10:13

Sherman was required to pay back loans he had received? In college?

Wait. What?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 10:44

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Key word being no HUMAN has ever walked on the moon. They were clearly brought back millions of years ago by the Astrosaurs.

It’s refreshing to see at least one other Swiller keeping up on real world history.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 11:50

NigelUno wrote:

Sherman was required to pay back loans he had received? In college?

Wait. What?

It’s Stanford. Nothing to see here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 15:54

Michigan Provost Martin Philbert placed on leave after sexual misconduct allegations
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 16:27

Michigan Miscalculations
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 18:56

NigelUno wrote:Michigan Provost Martin Philbert placed on leave after sexual misconduct allegations

On a related note: Cops raided the home of the guy that used to run Twistars before he transferred that responsibility to his wife. Geddart I believe it is. State Journal had an article a while ago about his retirement and how wonderful the guy was, that article is nowhere to be found now. Twistars was also raided.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu 23 Jan 2020 - 15:19

Jake from State Farm wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Michigan Provost Martin Philbert placed on leave after sexual misconduct allegations

On a related note: Cops raided the home of the guy that used to run Twistars before he transferred that responsibility to his wife. Geddart I believe it is. State Journal had an article a while ago about his retirement and how wonderful the guy was, that article is nowhere to be found now. Twistars was also raided.
Geddert knew about Nassar
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Thu 23 Jan 2020 - 15:34

Mgoblog nerd wants to change the game of basketball:

"Sometimes I wonder if I'm being way too fatalist about basketball. In my brain I give a team a certain number of points when a shot goes up, and keep a running total of grievance against the universe when the points in my head add up to something nice and the scoreboard is something nasty. The immediate aftermath of a shot I consider bad going down for the opponent is a scoff or an eyeroll.

A basketball game is not a competition that is ceased at the moment a shot goes up and then given a score by a panel of judges. But in the cold light of dawn five games into the resumption of Big Ten play, I am here to say it damn well should be."

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 502811600
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 12:33

xavier Simpson suspended. hmmmmm, bad to worse?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 12:59

I hope this implodes (slowly over 3-4) like the RichRod hiring but then Juwan goes to coach in the NBA and wins a championship. Meh, scratch that last part.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 13:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:I hope this implodes (slowly over 3-4) like the RichRod hiring but then Juwan goes to coach in the NBA and wins a championship. Meh, scratch that last part.

nah just like RR. he gets canned, has some minor success elsewhere, and then gets run out of town in disgrace after a bizarre sexual harassment scandal
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 13:13

DWags wrote:xavier Simpson suspended. hmmmmm, bad to worse?

Nebraska should beat them.

Multi year team captain...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 27 Jan 2020 - 13:21

Banks2Mason wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I hope this implodes (slowly over 3-4) like the RichRod hiring but then Juwan goes to coach in the NBA and wins a championship. Meh, scratch that last part.

nah just like RR. he gets canned, has some minor success elsewhere, and then gets run out of town in disgrace after a bizarre sexual harassment scandal

Surely you’re not suggesting he won’t get six years or more to win anything significant? They would never have a double standard like that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 10:03

[tw]1223025963614777345[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 10:37

UCLA was far and away the best 4-8 team in the country last year. No need to add that kind of power house to the schedule.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 12:03

Congrats to them on their scheduling victory. It is an incredible day to be a Michigan fan. Go Blue!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 12:04

this stuff was a lot funnier when we didn't suck. oh well.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 12:07

Michigan paid $1.5 million to get out of the UCLA contract.

They're paying UCONN $1.8 million for one game, and East Carolina $1.8 million the next year (to replace UCLA).

$5.1 million to buy some wins and a home game.

Last edited by NigelUno on Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 13:22; edited 2 times in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 12:09

NigelUno wrote:Michigan paid $1.5 million to get out of the UCLA contract.

They're paying UCONN $1.8 million for one game.

$2.3 million to buy a win and a home game.

that's embarrassing. not like UCLA is running a powerhouse lately.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 12:12

steveschneider wrote: Congrats to them on their scheduling victory. It is an incredible day to be a Michigan fan. Go Blue!

7 home games will be a nice reward for their new coach.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 12:48

They're paying UCONN $1.8 million for one game, and East Carolina $1.8 million the next year (to replace UCLA).

$4.1 million to buy some wins and a home game.

Don't they make like $7 million per home game?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 12:59

I guess if paying your coach 8 million a year isn’t good enough to get yourself some wins, just go out and buy some.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 13:11

Heat Miser wrote:

It would appear to be only 5.2 million in these specific games.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 13:17

DWags wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

a pittance compared to the prestige that comes with playing/beating the powerful uconn huskies
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 13:27

Heat Miser wrote:

$5.1 million to buy some wins and a home game.

(Fixed my math error)

They would have made $7 million on one of the UCLA games.

So, making $7 million on the other home game cost them $1.5 to pay off UCLA and $1.8 million each to pay UCONN and East Carolina.

$7 million - $5.1 million = $1.9 million on the other home game.

(I could have messed that up.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 13:29

Banks2Mason wrote:
DWags wrote:

a pittance compared to the prestige that comes with playing/beating the powerful uconn huskies

I’m guessing we could round up 11 of us and let em kick our ass for 1.8. One days work cause you know we wouldn’t practice.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 13:56

DWags wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

I’m guessing we could round up 11 of us and let em kick our ass for 1.8. One days work cause you know we wouldn’t practice.

I'm in for $1.75 million.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 14:10

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

You’d be our designated ball carrier. Every play. We’d give it to you and watch. Then, without breaking a sweat we’d each get 50K and if you’re dead we’d give your family half of your proceeds. The other half would be for the party we threw for you out in Hawaii. You’d have wanted that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 14:12

DWags wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

The chance to get some licks in on some walvie scum? I’m in for free.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 17:00

Banks2Mason wrote:this stuff was a lot funnier when we didn't suck. oh well.

It is still funny. Fuck them.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 17:09

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You’d be our designated ball carrier.  Every play.  We’d give it to you and watch.  Then, without breaking a sweat we’d each get 50K and if you’re dead we’d give your family half of your proceeds. The other half would be for the party we threw for you out in Hawaii.  You’d have wanted that.  

With good coaching, I would win all by myself.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 MV5BYWQxMTdlNjUtYzQwYy00MmRiLTk4MGQtZGE1YzQ1YzA3ZTU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjg1MTQ1NDM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1273,1000_AL_
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 3:33

I’m guessing this will turn into a nothing burger but:

Now, Blazer’s cooperation with the NCAA could greatly enhance the association’s ability to advance infractions cases against some schools already implicated in the corruption scandal, and could potentially open up new cases against other schools. Documentation of his dealings with coaches, agents and assorted middlemen may provide some of the tangible evidence the NCAA has lacked, on account of a federal judge shutting down access to the vast majority of evidence government investigators have collected.

Blazer’s information could also spill over to college football. In the 2019 trial of Dawkins and Code, Blazer testified that he paid football players from seven different schools in violation of NCAA rules. Blazer testified that he made payments anywhere from hundreds to several thousands of dollars to players at Alabama, Michigan, North Carolina, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Penn State and Pittsburgh.For once I’d like to see justice ... but nah
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 17:05

I assumed the UM-Rutgers game at MSG was a Rutgers home game.

It's actually a UM home game.

They play @ Rutgers on 2/19.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 17:14

NigelUno wrote:I assumed the UM-Rutgers game at MSG was a Rutgers home game.

It's actually a UM home game.

They play @ Rutgers on 2/19.

Lots of um alums in nyc
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 17:18

[tw]1223720041868414977[/tw]

[tw]1223717220032880641[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next