Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well..this explains THAT

+7
JEK
Rocinante
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Sponge Worthy
11 posters

Go down

Well..this explains THAT  Empty Well..this explains THAT

Post by Sponge Worthy Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:22 am

Sporting News Vegas Fun

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Well..this explains THAT  Empty Re: Well..this explains THAT

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:40 am

They said the same thing about Auburn before the Cam Newton BCS Champ game.

We'll see. I don't personally have any idea how it will go.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They said the same thing about Auburn before the Cam Newton BCS Champ game.

We'll see. I don't personally have any idea how it will go.

I guess it's Mariota who is the only fast guy on the team? 'Cause they didn't seem to run bye Arizona or Stanford or Oregon State (that was a very close game with no defense)..but the Ducks seem to hang their hat on all the problems last year being because of Mariota's knee.

This new knee and the poorly performing LBs coming back and being better, because, well..they're coming back  Rolling Eyes  seems to be the reason all is better in Eugene this year. I'm sort of skeptical.  pirat 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:56 am

Isn't Stanford one of the only teams in the PAC12 that has stopped the Ducks over the last couple of years? We beat the one team that has the formula for beating the Ducks, but we have no chance.

The guy even said he doesn't like hte B1G. I don't think we are 2 TD underdogs. Not enough to bet it, but if I did bet, I'd say I bet a lot on it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:57 am

blah, blah, blah, big ten sucks, blah, blah.

So Stanford always beats Oregon, right? Aren't we just like Stanford? Except better, obviously?

****, you guys, I am sick of being lumped in with the Big Ten. We are Michigan State. Not the fucking Big Ten.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:blah, blah, blah, big ten sucks, blah, blah.

So Stanford always beats Oregon, right? Aren't we just like Stanford? Except better, obviously?

****, you guys, I am sick of being lumped in with the Big Ten. We are Michigan State. Not the fucking Big Ten.
I'm mad at Ohio State. They had a chance to help change the Big Ten sucks narrative but they couldn't even beat Clemson. Yet even more strangely a year later, somehow tOSU looks more attractive to media/pollsters/oddsmakers than MSU, who actually won its BCS bowl game.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
I'm mad at Ohio State. They had a chance to help change the Big Ten sucks narrative but they couldn't even beat Clemson. Yet even more strangely a year later, somehow tOSU looks more attractive to media/pollsters/oddsmakers than MSU, who actually won its BCS bowl game.

Because Urbs and tOSU, man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:03 pm

We lost the interior D line, 2 LB's, and one is moving from OLB to MLB, and 2 DB's, including one that was voted at being the best at his position last year. 

I think if the game wasn't the 2nd week of the season, and away, MSU would be given better odds. Maybe the experts think that it takes longer for the D to gel than for an offense. I haven't looked, but how many O players has Oregon lost?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:19 pm

MSU moneyline all day. That is an insanely good value bet.

But don't bet too much.  Wink 
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:21 pm

This oddsmaker sounds just as dumb as anyone else spinning this rhetoric.
This motivates me to start my professional gambling career.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Giant Moose wrote:

That is strange..it's about the same as Oregon being so much better than MSU..you know the team that didn't even make their championship game and ended up ranked 9 last year while we were 3rd. Pollsters and prognosticators still just don't "get" Michigan State or the power of Defense..yet.

Also, to OSU's credit, they were fooked in their Bowl Game. Apparently like 35 guys were ill with the Flu going into that Clemson game. It was a tall task and they didn't look right, that's for sure..
I agree though, had they won, things would have looked a lot better for the BIG and it pissed me off too at the time.
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:36 pm

My buddy is going to Vegas this weekend. I'm putting $100 on us and the points.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Wish I could lock that in right now on Bovada. I see that line dropping pretty significantly by kickoff (unless we struggle vs Jack St).
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:10 pm

JEK wrote:Wish I could lock that in right now on Bovada. I see that line dropping pretty significantly by kickoff (unless we struggle vs Jack St).

Don't they have a "games of the year" area? Most online books seem to.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:32 am

JEK wrote:Wish I could lock that in right now on Bovada. I see that line dropping pretty significantly by kickoff (unless we struggle vs Jack St).

I'm getting sort of sick of those dudes being so nice over there on the Duck site..I mean, shouldn't we have had a complete throwdown by now? They're a bit cocky, but I suppose they've earned that right..

I just don't get the whole "we started to really lift this offseason" thing. Like Oregon just invented lifting /bulking up while not losing speed  pale 

It has been a ridiculously civil debate thus far..It is obvious that neither side wants to really "start" things up..yet
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Sponge Worthy wrote:

I'm getting sort of sick of those dudes being so nice over there on the Duck site..I mean, shouldn't we have had a complete throwdown by now? They're a bit cocky, but I suppose they've earned that right..

I just don't get the whole "we started to really lift this offseason" thing. Like Oregon just invented lifting /bulking up while not losing speed  pale 

It has been a ridiculously civil debate thus far..It is obvious that neither side wants to really "start" things up..yet

Actually I've been enjoying the discussion. It's a refreshing change from the usual "You suck...No, YOU suck" childishness we're used to. I'm amazed at how many of their fans know half the players on our team and even use terms like "Nardawg". Well..this explains THAT  502811600

But it's only July. I'm sure as we get closer to game day people are going to cut loose and start thumping their chests. Right now I've got Oregon winning a close game but I'm sure that will change.  Well..this explains THAT  969504605 
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:08 pm

What site are you guys talking about?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:13 pm

InTenSity wrote:What site are you guys talking about?

I'll give you 247 guesses.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:14 pm

InTenSity wrote:What site are you guys talking about?

Autzen Audibles..you've been there. I swear, there have been like 4 good long threads that usually last 2-3 days and then the next one starts up. It has been a fun way to pass some time..

But they always end with "we'll see". Theme of College Football.  Neutral 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:16 pm

JEK wrote:

I'll give you 247 guesses.

I'm not so sure I want to even mention the Swill to them..a couple of those guys are gonna be talked about behind their backs and we need a safe-haven place to do it  pirat 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:18 pm

I mean, even Crazy Sparty went over there and showed them some of his stuff..nothing but politeness in response  Suspect 

We'll just keep "want to talk basketball?" in our quiver till needed
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'll go check it out...maybe. Do I have to have any football knowledge?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:41 pm

InTenSity wrote:Thanks for the replies. I'll go check it out...maybe. Do I have to have any football knowledge?

No, not really..just make sure you mention world champ hurdler, weight lifting happened, lots of guys back, Mariota knee good to go, freshman RB gonna kill it, that Ifo Ito the Corner is awesome, and you got it  cheers 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Sponge Worthy wrote:

No, not really..just make sure you mention world champ hurdler, weight lifting happened, lots of guys back, Mariota knee good to go, freshman RB gonna kill it, that Ifo Ito the Corner is awesome, and you got it  cheers 

Must say, I do find the "Mariota was hurt" excuses to be pretty lame. If the guy was healthy enough to suit up and play, then you can't make excuses. It's football, just about everybody is hurt to some degree by the midway point of the season. Dennard couldn't walk two days before the Rose Bowl. Cousins played hurt for much of his senior year.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:02 pm

JEK wrote:

Must say, I do find the "Mariota was hurt" excuses to be pretty lame. If the guy was healthy enough to suit up and play, then you can't make excuses. It's football, just about everybody is hurt to some degree by the midway point of the season. Dennard couldn't walk two days before the Rose Bowl. Cousins played hurt for much of his senior year.

True, all true..I hate to say it out loud, but it is apparent that the best chances for MSU to win this game are to hit the crap out of Mariota..both to rattle him and, well..to hurt him and slow him down. It is football so it is OK to say we want to hurt him, right?

But I have to say in all honesty, I think Oregon's offense is just not "used" to being brutally hit time and time again. They are "used" to being chased down, not dominated and hunted. History shows that when things get physical, they sort of melt a bit.

Our offense, on the other hand, faces our D in practice every day and I like that notion

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Sponge Worthy wrote:

True, all true..I hate to say it out loud, but it is apparent that the best chances for MSU to win this game are to hit the crap out of Mariota..both to rattle him and, well..to hurt him and slow him down. It is football so it is OK to say we want to hurt him, right?

But I have to say in all honesty, I think Oregon's offense is just not "used" to being brutally hit time and time again. They are "used" to being chased down, not dominated and hunted. History shows that when things get physical, they sort of melt a bit.

Our offense, on the other hand, faces our D in practice every day and I like that notion

I never root for injuries, but I always root for hard hits as early and as often as possible. And whatever happens, happens.

Mariota's a big kid. I think physically he can withstand the hits. But what about mentally? I agree with you, I think we can get in his head with a couple early shots. By all accounts he's a very tough kid but he's never faced a blitzing D like MSU's. The Pac is largely a finesse conference with lots of basketball scores.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Sponge Worthy wrote:

Sporting News Vegas Fun

Texas is only at 7 wins for o/u?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:06 pm

FSU is -20 vs Clemson and -22 vs Notre Dame... scratch 
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by RBW Spartan Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:06 pm

The_Dude wrote:FSU is -20 vs Clemson and -22 vs Notre Dame... scratch 

ND is hard to get a read on.

Clemson is a more known quantity. Great defense and unknown offense. Chad Morris is their Narduzzi, but he lost EVERYTHING on offense.

I wouldn't touch either game, but I like the ND line more.
RBW Spartan
RBW Spartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down