Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D wags do you put tomatoes in the fridge?

+12
AvgMSUJoe
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
Dendrobates
tGreenWay
DWags
Nordic
Cameron
aualum06
Other Teams Pursuing That
16 posters

Go down

D wags do you put tomatoes in the fridge? Empty D wags do you put tomatoes in the fridge?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 14:49

?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

D wags do you put tomatoes in the fridge? Empty Re: D wags do you put tomatoes in the fridge?

Post by aualum06 Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 14:53

No
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

D wags do you put tomatoes in the fridge? Empty Re: D wags do you put tomatoes in the fridge?

Post by aualum06 Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 14:53

They go in your cast iron
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 16:31

I put my tomatoes on top of the fridge.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 19:10

Correct answer: Tomatoes fucking gross.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 19:39

Yes. I fridge that fruit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 20:04

DWags wrote:Yes. I fridge that fruit.

Turn in your Italian card.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 20:09

I have sometimes left mine out. But more often than not, I put them in the fridge. Mostly because I hate my kitchen counters being cluttered (I don't have a window ledge in my kitchen). I just got groceries today, and I put my tomatoes in the fridge, but I left the apples on the counter. I didn't have any room left in my fridge, and I like my apples at room temp.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 20:28

Want to know where I put my onions?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 20:28

What kind of monster puts tomatoes in the fridge?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 20:32

Motown Spartan wrote:What kind of monster puts tomatoes in the fridge?

The kind that wants to avoid frequent trips to the coronastore?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 21:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:

The kind that wants to avoid frequent trips to the coronastore?

Once a week too much?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 21:15

Anal monsters about kitchen counter clutter.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 21:32

Dendrobates wrote:

Anal monsters about kitchen counter clutter.

I dare you to do a Google Image search in “anal monster” and post the first pic that comes up.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 22:12

Nordic wrote:Correct answer: Tomatoes fucking gross.
Only cherry tomatoes are gross.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 22:17

No tomatoes are gross. Eating worms and bugs is gross. Playing in fecal matter is gross...

Tomatoes are tomatoes.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 22:33

AvgMSUJoe wrote:No tomatoes are gross. Eating worms and bugs is gross. Playing in fecal matter is gross...

Tomatoes are tomatoes.
So, you like the way cherry tomatoes pop in your mouth?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 22:39

I usually leave mine out a few days, partly because I like them slightly mushy but mostly because I'm lazy, then slice em up and put em in the fridge. My wife hates tomatoes so I usually just put a slice on my sandwiches for lunch. Don't really use them for anything else. I like tomatoes but I only get them like once a month.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 0:05

kingstonlake wrote:Want to know where I put my onions?

Those tiny pearl onions of yours can easily be stored in one of those tin canisters most often used for Altoids Smalls. D wags do you put tomatoes in the fridge? 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 0:25

Did someone say anal monster?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 0:28

Dendrobates wrote:I have sometimes left mine out. But more often than not, I put them in the fridge. Mostly because I hate my kitchen counters being cluttered (I don't have a window ledge in my kitchen). I just got groceries today, and I put my tomatoes in the fridge, but I left the apples on the counter. I didn't have any room left in my fridge, and I like my apples at room temp.

My wife is the same way. She solved the problem by purchasing a couple of bowls for fruits and vegetables. Now it looks so pretty it’s like a damn oil painting.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 0:54

Pro secret. If you really want a thin slice of the tomato place it in th freezer for 5 minutes or so before you slice em up. You can slice em so thing that you can see through them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 2:02

DWags wrote:Pro secret. If you really want a thin slice of the tomato place it in th freezer for 5 minutes or so before you slice em up. You can slice em so thing that you can see through them.

Or quit being such a skinflint and buy some quality knives. It’s time you get rid of that Ginsu knife from 1982, DWags.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 2:15

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:Pro secret. If you really want a thin slice of the tomato place it in th freezer for 5 minutes or so before you slice em up. You can slice em so thing that you can see through them.

Or quit being such a skinflint and buy some quality knives. It’s time you get rid of that Ginsu knife from 1982, DWags.

I got at least three more years with it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 2:19

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I got at least three more years with it.

Well then at least stop cutting up all your beer cans. It was semi-interesting when the tv commercial came out, but that was 40 years ago.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 9:12

The Pantry wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:No tomatoes are gross. Eating worms and bugs is gross. Playing in fecal matter is gross...

Tomatoes are tomatoes.
So, you like the way cherry tomatoes pop in your mouth?
Yes! I love it when they pop in my mouth. Yummmm
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 9:28

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:So, you like the way cherry tomatoes pop in your mouth?
Yes! I love it when they pop in my mouth. Yummmm
What's wrong with a good mouth popping?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 9:33

The only tomatoes that belong in the fridge are cherry tomatoes.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 10:24

I'll take a turkey sandwich on rye, mayo, lettuce, swiss and hold the tomatoes.

When they forget to 'hold the tomatoes' D wags do you put tomatoes in the fridge? 1401550746
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 10:35

I seriously can not comprehend a life without tomatoes. Tomato-haters are weird.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 10:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:I seriously can not comprehend a life without tomatoes. Tomato-haters are weird.
Yes. So are egg haters. Guy Fieri should be bitch-slapped next time he avoids eating one on camera.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 10:49

Floyd Robertson wrote:I seriously can not comprehend a life without tomatoes. Tomato-haters are weird.

I like tomatoes on a sandwich. But my mom and sister both like tomatoes as a pizza topping, which is a bridge too far, in my opinion. It's also redundant.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 11:26

I can handle certain applications of tomatoes but a slice on any sandwich doesn't work for me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 11:40

Cameron wrote:

I like tomatoes on a sandwich. But my mom and sister both like tomatoes as a pizza topping, which is a bridge too far, in my opinion. It's also redundant.
Jets veggie pizza has tomato and is pretty good.  They now have a Mexican pizza:  Pizza sauce, cheddar, mozzarella, chorizo, jalapeno, black olive and tomato.  Not sure why it doesn't include onion.  

D wags do you put tomatoes in the fridge? 1f28ea10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 11:42

steveschneider wrote:

I can handle certain applications of tomatoes but a slice on any sandwich doesn't work for me.
Not even on a burger?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 12:04

The Pantry wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Jets veggie pizza has tomato and is pretty good.  They now have a Mexican pizza:  Pizza sauce, cheddar, mozzarella, chorizo, jalapeno, black olive and tomato.  Not sure why it doesn't include onion.  

Veggie pizza is an abomination unto the lord.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 12:14

Here’s a good visual. Scroll down. Ftr I pretty much follow this except tomatoes.

Which produce is stored where
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 12:18

Cameron wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Yeah. I never ordered one. Work often orders Jets for lunch when we have customers in the building. They always order a veggie for any possible vegetarians and it's usually the last pizza left to scavenge.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 28 Apr 2020 - 12:30

The Pantry wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Yeah.  I never ordered one.  Work often orders Jets for lunch when we have customers in the building.  They always order a veggie for any possible vegetarians and it's usually the last pizza left to scavenge.

I have nothing against vegetarians eating pizza. That's what plain cheese is for. Mushroom pizza is also good.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down