Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do all the talking heads think the Dalton Signing is brilliant, yet Love going to the Packers is insulting to Rodgers and not a good thing?

+3
MSU addict
CORNER BLITZ
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Why do all the talking heads think the Dalton Signing is brilliant, yet Love going to the Packers is insulting to Rodgers and not a good thing? Empty Why do all the talking heads think the Dalton Signing is brilliant, yet Love going to the Packers is insulting to Rodgers and not a good thing?

Post by DWags 2020-05-04, 13:41

Dalton signing and Dak is still in negotiations? What, exactly, does that say to him? Peter King is on Rich Eisen right now, after he burned the Packers for "Insulting" Rodgers, and he's saying "I guarantee you there will be weekly covid testing, what if Dak gets tested positive? How great would it be to have Dalton as a sub?". So, getting Love for Green Bay was an insult to Rodgers, but getting Dalton for the Cowboys was brilliant. I guess the Packers need a scrub QB behind Rodgers to keep Peter happy. Cool, hook em.

And yes, I get it's just talking heads with opinions.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Why do all the talking heads think the Dalton Signing is brilliant, yet Love going to the Packers is insulting to Rodgers and not a good thing? Empty Re: Why do all the talking heads think the Dalton Signing is brilliant, yet Love going to the Packers is insulting to Rodgers and not a good thing?

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-05-04, 13:53

Dalton isn't a rookie that is learning via zoom
Packers are a few pieces away with an established qb but passed on filling those pieces
Cowboys have questions if qb will sign/sit out and therefore have a need right now
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Why do all the talking heads think the Dalton Signing is brilliant, yet Love going to the Packers is insulting to Rodgers and not a good thing? Empty Re: Why do all the talking heads think the Dalton Signing is brilliant, yet Love going to the Packers is insulting to Rodgers and not a good thing?

Post by MSU addict 2020-05-04, 14:19

Dalton was signed as a back-up nothing more.  He is 32, Prescott is 26.

Love was drafted to replace Rodgers in two years.  The Packers were a couple of pieces away from the super bowl last year, and they chose not to address those in the draft.  They simply told Rodgers - "fuck you, we run this team."  It was about power and job preservation for the GM and Coach.  Not only did they piss Rodgers off, they pissed off every quality veteran the Packers have.  

It was not about trying to be competitive.  I am sorry if you cannot see that as a Packers fan.  AJ Hawks' reaction to the pick in the video posted in the draft thread tells you everything you need to know.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-04, 14:24

LOL, most important position on a team is the QB. How'd the lions due when number one went down? Teams with two good QB's are way better off than what the Packers had last year. Ask New Orleans how it worked out for them. Dak isn't signed. Taking a starting QB that has been in the playoffs isn't a "threat" or insult, but Love who is, by far, better than any QB on the packers roster not named Rodgers, is an insult.

Whatever. We'll see what time says about it. The Packers, hopefully, will have a back up who is half way decent if Rodgers goes down again.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-05-04, 14:30

DWags wrote:LOL, most important position on a team is the QB.  How'd the lions due when number one went down?  Teams with two good QB's are way better off than what the Packers had last year.  Ask New Orleans how it worked out for them.   Dak isn't signed.  Taking a starting QB that has been in the playoffs isn't a "threat" or insult, but Love who is, by far, better than any QB on the packers roster not named Rodgers, is an insult.  

Whatever.  We'll see what time says about it.  The Packers, hopefully, will have a back up who is half way decent if Rodgers goes down again.

They failed to improve on their 3-4-1 record with him as a starter.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-04, 14:40

Why do birds suddenly appear, every time, you are near?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-04, 14:41

kingstonlake wrote:
DWags wrote:LOL, most important position on a team is the QB.  How'd the lions due when number one went down?  Teams with two good QB's are way better off than what the Packers had last year.  Ask New Orleans how it worked out for them.   Dak isn't signed.  Taking a starting QB that has been in the playoffs isn't a "threat" or insult, but Love who is, by far, better than any QB on the packers roster not named Rodgers, is an insult.  

Whatever.  We'll see what time says about it.  The Packers, hopefully, will have a back up who is half way decent if Rodgers goes down again.

They failed to improve on their 3-4-1 record with him as a starter.

Just like me, they want to be
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-05-04, 14:48

DWags wrote:LOL, most important position on a team is the QB. How'd the lions due when number one went down? Teams with two good QB's are way better off than what the Packers had last year. Ask New Orleans how it worked out for them. Dak isn't signed. Taking a starting QB that has been in the playoffs isn't a "threat" or insult, but Love who is, by far, better than any QB on the packers roster not named Rodgers, is an insult.

Whatever. We'll see what time says about it. The Packers, hopefully, will have a back up who is half way decent if Rodgers goes down again.
You do NOT draft a back-up QB in the first round. Your argument makes sense to you because you see Love as a back-up. Everyone else realizes that is not the situation.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-04, 14:54

Laaaa, la la la laaaaa... close to youuuuu...
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-04, 14:57

MSU addict wrote:
DWags wrote:LOL, most important position on a team is the QB. How'd the lions due when number one went down? Teams with two good QB's are way better off than what the Packers had last year. Ask New Orleans how it worked out for them. Dak isn't signed. Taking a starting QB that has been in the playoffs isn't a "threat" or insult, but Love who is, by far, better than any QB on the packers roster not named Rodgers, is an insult.

You do NOT draft a back-up QB in the first round. Your argument makes sense to you because you see Love as a back-up. Everyone else realizes that is not the situation.

Except the Packers kind of did that already. Rodgers was drafted as a back up and though most scouts thought I’d Rodgers as a top QB there were some scouts that believe Live was the best QB in the draft. Like I say, we’ll see what ‘‘tis looks like in 2023 when we can go back into stadiums. Till then, I hope we don’t see live playing one down.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-05-04, 15:36

Rodgers was not drafted as a back up, he was drafted to replace Favre and he did. He also was expected to go #1 overall and he fell in the lap of the Packers late in the first round. The Packers traded up to get Love. Again, you don't trade up in the first round to draft a back up.

Add to the fact that Favre verbally stated he was considering retiring for several years before that. Rodgers said he wants to play at least 4 more years.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-05-04, 16:10

MSU addict wrote:Rodgers was not drafted as a back up, he was drafted to replace Favre and he did. He also was expected to go #1 overall and he fell in the lap of the Packers late in the first round. The Packers traded up to get Love. Again, you don't trade up in the first round to draft a back up.

Add to the fact that Favre verbally stated he was considering retiring for several years before that. Rodgers said he wants to play at least 4 more years.

And in those 4 years there Packers already are good/could still get better. That pick did nothing for that other than the big IF Rodgers gets hurt

I don't think I ever saw anything that had Love anywhere other than 4th best qb this draft and they traded up for that.... There isn't going to be another qb of his caliber in the next couple years they could get?? Doubtful
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-05-04, 16:50

Something, something, something...the Packers suck! Sorry, Dwags, couldn't help myself. For the record, having grown up in Detroit, I used to root for the Lions, but now only root against them. I just wanted to say the Packers suck because it's ingrained in me through the deep rooted jealousy of an organization that knows what winning is like.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-04, 16:55

Senior Dickfist wrote:Something, something, something...the Packers suck! Sorry, Dwags, couldn't help myself. For the record, having grown up in Detroit, I used to root for the Lions, but now only root against them. I just wanted to say the Packers suck because it's ingrained in me through the deep rooted jealousy of an organization that knows what winning is like.

Why do all the talking heads think the Dalton Signing is brilliant, yet Love going to the Packers is insulting to Rodgers and not a good thing? 502811600 But I did suffer for decades from 70 through 95. I think this is a good future pick. Organization pick. Packers will do that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-04, 18:00

Did the Cowboys trade away a fourth rounder just for the privilege of wasting a first rounder on a backup QB? No? Then it's a far better move than the Packers made.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-04, 19:06

I’m taking notes. If I’m still alive six years from now I’m
Bumping this when he’s a legend in the league. We all saw what he did at msu. If I’m dead senile or he sucks I won’t bump this. The lions still won’t have a playoff victory.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-05-04, 21:22

What about the next 3 years of the pack missing a productive player on the field while having a top QB
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-04, 21:28

CORNER BLITZ wrote:What about the next 3 years of the pack missing a productive player on the field while having a top QB

It’s not like they didn’t get the Canadian receiver the TE and Funchess in free agency. Took the Lions best lineman. They need to run more like the 49’ers. Rodgers arm gets less accurate and more tired in No ember. He has two years tops left. They also picked up a nice LB in free agency. They probably over achieved last year. If they regress this year trade Rodgers and stay up near the top by acquiring pucks for him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-05-04, 22:30

DWags wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:What about the next 3 years of the pack missing a productive player on the field while having a top QB

It’s not like they didn’t get the Canadian receiver the TE and Funchess in free agency. Took the Lions best lineman. They need to run more like the 49’ers. Rodgers arm gets less accurate and more tired in No ember. He has two years tops left. They also picked up a nice LB in free agency. They probably over achieved last year. If they regress this year trade Rodgers and stay up near the top by acquiring pucks for him.
OK, but who did they lose:

Bulaga > Wagner
Martinez > Kirksey
Graham > Deguara
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-05, 00:22

DWags wrote:

It’s not like they didn’t get the Canadian receiver the TE and Funchess in free agency. Took the Lions best lineman.   They need to run more like the 49’ers. Rodgers arm gets less accurate and more tired in No ember. He has two years tops left. They also picked up a nice LB in free agency.  They probably over achieved last year. If they regress this year trade Rodgers and stay up near the top by acquiring pucks for him.  

You'd be an even worse GM than Gutekunst.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-05, 05:26

MSU addict wrote:
DWags wrote:

OK, but who did they lose:

Bulaga > Wagner
Martinez > Kirksey
Graham > Deguara

Bulaga is good. When you cant play it doesn’t help. He’s been in the league 10 years has only made it through 3 of them and missed the entire 2013 season. But yeah keep an aging ten year vet that often injured. Wagner has more tread on his tires. Bulaga is at his end. They would have had to pay Bulaga a lot of money

Keep Martinez. Did you see the San Fran game? Kirksey and him have had two decent seasons. I think Kirksey is quicker. Never was that impressed with Martinez. He had two years 22 million left. I think Kirksey was 6 million. Martinez is not a million dollar a month linebacker.

Graham? LOL. 60 targets 38 receptions? Is not the blocker Marcedes Lewis is, paid way less for signing Lewis. Lewis Caught 15 of 19 targets, will get more thrown at him next year and is a better blocker. The Packers got bigger bang for the buck from Lewis than they did from Jimmy Graham. Lewis age bothers me but Graham is not a big loss : Don’t know if you watched many packers games. But Graham is not who we all remember from a decade ago. Don’t know about the rookie coming in, but Lewis is a great locker room guy.

I don’t know if these are good moves but I see logic in them. I guess we’ll see.

I wonder if Dak feels threatened or insulted by the cowboys bringing Dalton in? I guess it’s different down there and Dak will just agree how great of a move it was. (While I’m being sarcastic here, I do think every team should have two good QB’s on their roster, I guess that I’d suck at being a GM because I’d try to do that).

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-05-05, 08:36

DWags wrote:
MSU addict wrote:OK, but who did they lose:

Bulaga > Wagner
Martinez > Kirksey
Graham > Deguara

Bulaga is good. When you cant play it doesn’t help. He’s been in the league 10 years has only made it through 3 of them and missed the entire 2013 season. But yeah keep an aging ten year vet that often injured. Wagner has more tread on his tires. Bulaga is at his end. They would have had to pay Bulaga a lot of money

Keep Martinez. Did you see the San Fran game? Kirksey and him have had two decent seasons. I think Kirksey is quicker. Never was that impressed with Martinez. He had two years 22 million left. I think Kirksey was 6 million. Martinez is not a million dollar a month linebacker.

Graham? LOL. 60 targets 38 receptions? Is not the blocker Marcedes Lewis is, paid way less for signing Lewis. Lewis Caught 15 of 19 targets, will get more thrown at him next year and is a better blocker. The Packers got bigger bang for the buck from Lewis than they did from Jimmy Graham. Lewis age bothers me but Graham is not a big loss : Don’t know if you watched many packers games. But Graham is not who we all remember from a decade ago. Don’t know about the rookie coming in, but Lewis is a great locker room guy.

I don’t know if these are good moves but I see logic in them. I guess we’ll see.

I wonder if Dak feels threatened or insulted by the cowboys bringing Dalton in? I guess it’s different down there and Dak will just agree how great of a move it was. (While I’m being sarcastic here, I do think every team should have two good QB’s on their roster, I guess that I’d suck at being a GM because I’d try to do that).
I see the logic too - they saved money. But logic dictates that if someone commands more money in NFL free agency, they are a better player. Wagner is only 7 months younger than Bulaga, is coming off a pretty bad year and was cut by the Lions. Obviously though, a lot of players seem to get better after leaving the Lions.

Dalton is a back-up that will never be an NFL starter again. I doubt that Prescott feels threatened or insulted.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down