Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Australia

+7
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
Senior Dickfist
DWags
11 posters

Go down

Oh Australia  Empty Oh Australia

Post by DWags 2020-05-13, 08:58

Guy gets pulled over for speeding in his 911. As he’s being ticketed truck comes up and hits the four cops that were in pursuit. Guy starts filming the dying cops and taunts one as they’re dying. He live-streams it.

His name is Dick Pusey. I googled it, it appears to be a real story.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-52612957?fbclid=IwAR2_HU7tir1kHqUnAAC1z_xmIPOxeVO5xWS3W0_xcZZMvNmqUyLifffE5iA
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Oh Australia  Empty Re: Oh Australia

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-05-13, 09:05

I read about this on another forum. It appears to be real, unfortunately.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-05-13, 09:10

People are fucking horrible. Throw him on the island with all the other "open everything up and fuck your health" people.

There should be an island for this. A real big one apparently.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-13, 09:16

Oh Australia  _112224963_ricahrdpusey

Is that Tom Brady?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-05-13, 10:11

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:People are fucking horrible. Throw him on the island with all the other "open everything up and fuck your health" people.

There are very few people that would fall into this category. Unless you are lumping everyone that believes that we need to reopen, we can't stay locked down forever, but we need to do it in a smart manner to protect public health as much as possible. There is a fine balancing act that needs to be done between the economy and the virus. Both have major ramifications if we swing too far one way or another.

I know this isn't the corona thread, but it was posted here. And this is more of a societal issue on this type of commentary.  We also need to stop viewing people as horrible. Some are (that dude obv is). Most are good, even the ones you may not agree with. We need to stop drawing battle lines with no grey area and mounds of hyperbole.  Both sides. We all have the same goal.

Posts like these, which are all over this board and social media only cause more division. I seriously think that all of us, including me, can't see the forest from the trees. We rip on 'idiots on twitter', but do the same here. Be kind. Be helpful. Listen to others opinions. Share ideas and solutions. Ditch the hyperbole. Not just with the rona, but in everything.

/rant over

Last edited by Nordic on 2020-05-13, 10:35; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-05-13, 10:35

Nordic wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:People are fucking horrible. Throw him on the island with all the other "open everything up and fuck your health" people.

There are very few people that would fall into this category. Unless you are lumping everyone that believes that we do need to reopen, we can't stay locked down forever, but we need to do it in a smart manner to protect public health as much as possible. There is a balancing act that needs to be done between the economy and the virus. Both have major ramifications if we do nothing.

Depends on how you interpret polls I suppose. Go to question 16 in this one. I'd consider a good portion of the people saying they would definitely go back to public events immediately after stay at home orders are lifted are in the fuck your health crowd. If you believe these numbers represent the nation as a whole that's 43 million people. This question doesn't explicitly ask "should everything be reopened immediately?" but it's in the ballpark.

I believe there are multiple millions of people who have this mindset. These are the ones I want on the dumbfuck island.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jFnCuET4kyT9V0q9ov5xsKMCEo7PyqR8/view
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-05-13, 10:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Nordic wrote:

There are very few people that would fall into this category. Unless you are lumping everyone that believes that we do need to reopen, we can't stay locked down forever, but we need to do it in a smart manner to protect public health as much as possible. There is a balancing act that needs to be done between the economy and the virus. Both have major ramifications if we do nothing.

Depends on how you interpret polls I suppose. Go to question 16 in this one. I'd consider a good portion of the people saying they would go back to public events immediately after stay at home orders are lifted are in the fuck your health crowd. If you believe these numbers represent the nation as a whole that's 43 million people. This question doesn't explicitly ask "should everything be reopened immediately?" but it's in the ballpark.

I definitely believe there are multiple millions of people who have this mindset. These are the ones I want on the dumbfuck island.

The 13%? That falls well within the general 10% rule. You will always have extremists on either side.  Even that 13% isn't saying "fuck your health". Was that questioned asked? I didn't scroll through the whole thing.  

This is what I'm getting at. A poll that says 13% of Americans would return to everyday life is translated into, "these idiots that want to open the economy don't care about anyone's health!". Hyperbolic interpretation that drives the division we are seeing in this country.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-05-13, 11:07

Nordic wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Depends on how you interpret polls I suppose. Go to question 16 in this one. I'd consider a good portion of the people saying they would go back to public events immediately after stay at home orders are lifted are in the fuck your health crowd. If you believe these numbers represent the nation as a whole that's 43 million people. This question doesn't explicitly ask "should everything be reopened immediately?" but it's in the ballpark.

I definitely believe there are multiple millions of people who have this mindset. These are the ones I want on the dumbfuck island.

The 13%? That falls well within the general 10% rule. You will always have extremists on either side.  Even that 13% isn't saying "fuck your health". Was that questioned asked? I didn't scroll through the whole thing.  

This is what I'm getting at. A poll that says 13% of Americans would return to everyday life is translated into, "these idiots that want to open the economy don't care about anyone's health!". Hyperbolic interpretation that drives the division we are seeing in this country.

I looked for a more specific question. Something like "Do you believe the economy should be reopened to levels prior to the COVID outbreak?" Didn't see anything like that in this poll. Was I being hyperbolic by saying "fuck your health"? Sure. Maybe I should have said there are people who put their own economic well being over the health of the rest of their community.

This country has bred generations of selfish assholes to the point where there is a sizable number of people who only care about themselves and fuck everyone else. You might believe there are only a handful of people that are of this mindset but I think it's in the multiple millions.

If anyone has a link to a credible poll asking specifically if they consider COVID to not be a health crisis I'd love to see it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-05-13, 11:32

Who says we should lockdown forever? The strawman?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-13, 11:45

Getting back to the Australia story...

The body camera of Senior Constable Taylor also captured Mr Pusey taunting her as she lay pinned under the truck. Experts say she was likely still alive at the time.

Police have alleged that he later tested positive for drugs.

"There you go. Amazing, absolutely amazing," he is alleged to have said.

"All I wanted was to go home and have my sushi now and you've [expletive] my [expletive] car."

This passage...

First, I assume that means they have the footage he recorded. So he's not only an evil piece of shit, but he's also dumb enough to create and keep hugely incriminating evidence of his own wrongdoing. Fucking crazy.

Second, what kind of drugs do we think he was on? Based on that quote from him, I'm thinking either coke or meth. Thoughts?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-05-13, 12:25

He’s already on Australia pylon
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-13, 12:31

Cameron wrote:Getting back to the Australia story...

The body camera of Senior Constable Taylor also captured Mr Pusey taunting her as she lay pinned under the truck. Experts say she was likely still alive at the time.

”All I wanted was to go home and have my sushi now and you've [expletive] my [expletive] car."

This passage...

First, I assume that means they have the footage he recorded. So he's not only an evil piece of shit, but he's also dumb enough to create and keep hugely incriminating evidence of his own wrongdoing. Fucking crazy.

Second, what kind of drugs do we think he was on? Based on that quote from him, I'm thinking either coke or meth. Thoughts?

My thoughts are that quote is going to become a meme.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-13, 12:44

tGreenWay wrote:

This passage...

My thoughts are that quote is going to become a meme.

Oh Australia  502811600

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-05-13, 13:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I looked for a more specific question. Something like "Do you believe the economy should be reopened to levels prior to the COVID outbreak?" Didn't see anything like that in this poll. Was I being hyperbolic by saying "fuck your health"? Sure. Maybe I should have said there are people who put their own economic well being over the health of the rest of their community.

This country has bred generations of selfish assholes to the point where there is a sizable number of people who only care about themselves and fuck everyone else. You might believe there are only a handful of people that are of this mindset but I think it's in the multiple millions.

If anyone has a link to a credible poll asking specifically if they consider COVID to not be a health crisis I'd love to see it.

These would be the 10%ers. Before this goes full Nigel, I said "few", you said "millions". Both are accurate in context. People are getting really fired up about the 10%ers on both sides.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-05-13, 13:27

"All I wanted was to go home and have my sushi now and you've [expletive] my [expletive] car."

This passage...

Meth fo' sure
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-13, 15:26

The guys name is Dick Pusay. I mean is that pronounced like I think it is? That's why I had to google to see if this story was real.

Poooo say?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-05-13, 16:44

DWags wrote:The guys name is Dick Pusay.  I mean is that pronounced like I think it is?  That's why I had to google to see if this story was real.  

Poooo say?  

Shocked He had to of changed his name to that.

To answer the drug question...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/may/11/eastern-freeway-crash-more-charges-for-melbourne-porsche-driver-richard-pusey

He had tested positive to drugs including cannabis after being pulled over on the Eastern Freeway just before the fatal crash, police alleged.

Pusey left the scene carrying a lunch bag with the drug ice inside it, the court was told.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-13, 17:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Who says we should lockdown forever? The strawman?

Yes him.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-13, 17:09

We’ve all read some seriously fucked up stories in our lives, but this one is definitely near the top. Talk about messed up. And he’s worked as a nurse? The officers are dead, but his life is over, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-19, 16:39

Everything is Australia wants to kill you.

[tw]1428012306181484552?s=21[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-08-19, 19:04

I thought this bump would be an update, guess not.

FWIW, Pusey received a ten month sentence and was fined A$1,000 ($774 US).  He was held without bond for 300 days, so he was essentially sentenced to time served.

The truck driver who hit the police officers was sentenced to 22 years in prison.   He was found to driving under the influence of drugs at the time of the crash (he was seriously fucked up).

BBC News
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-08-19, 21:00

Turtleneck wrote:Everything is Australia wants to kill you.

[tw]1428012306181484552?s=21[/tw]

It’s not a threat. It’s only looking to spice up what it already has for dinner. Go ahead. Tickle its chinny chin chin.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-08-19, 22:13

You should give it a hug, GreenWay. Go on. Get right in there and hug it while it hugs you back. Hug it out.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down