Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT Season - Who was the GOAT SNL Cast Member/Host/Writer/Musical Guest

+9
kingstonlake
StylesGShmooth
DWags
Nordic
MiamiSpartan
Rick Saunders
CORNER BLITZ
Cameron
steveschneider
13 posters

Go down

OT Season - Who was the GOAT SNL Cast Member/Host/Writer/Musical Guest Empty OT Season - Who was the GOAT SNL Cast Member/Host/Writer/Musical Guest

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-22, 09:40

Discuss.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

OT Season - Who was the GOAT SNL Cast Member/Host/Writer/Musical Guest Empty Re: OT Season - Who was the GOAT SNL Cast Member/Host/Writer/Musical Guest

Post by Cameron 2020-05-22, 11:41

Chris Farley
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

OT Season - Who was the GOAT SNL Cast Member/Host/Writer/Musical Guest Empty Re: OT Season - Who was the GOAT SNL Cast Member/Host/Writer/Musical Guest

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-05-22, 12:15

Cameron wrote:Chris Farley

This for cast member

Host: Christopher Walken or Justin Timberlake
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2020-05-22, 12:41

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Good candidates. Who likes Buck Henry?
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-05-22, 12:43

Eddie Murphy
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-05-22, 13:49

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

This for cast member

Timberlake is solid, but the GOAT guest is Alec Baldwin. He always nails it.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-22, 13:53

I was thinking Dana Carvey but that's probably the correct call. Everytime I fired up the Chip N Dales sketch I lose it. Every friggin time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-22, 13:54

steveschneider wrote:

I was thinking Dana Carvey but that's probably the correct call. Everytime I fired up the Chip N Dales sketch I lose it. Every friggin time.

Chris Farley show, Matt Foley, lunchlady land, Da Bears...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-22, 13:55

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

This for cast member

Wow, opened this thread up to say just this. Agree 100% Timberlake should have been a comedian. I'd love to see him with a late night t.v. show. He's better than Kimmel or Fallan
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-22, 14:01

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Chris Farley show, Matt Foley, lunchlady land, Da Bears...

Church Lady, Massive HeadWound Harry, Ross Perot, Garth, George Bush....Also, he has one of the quickest wits I've seen. I think you are right though Farley is probably the GOAT.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2020-05-24, 21:37

Isn't this easily Eddie Murphy? He's widely credited with saving the show during the Lorne Michaelsless years. Even hosted while he was still a cast member.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-05-24, 21:52

StylesGShmooth wrote:Isn't this easily Eddie Murphy?  He's widely credited with saving the show during the Lorne Michaelsless years.  Even hosted while he was still a cast member.  

There are 4 or 5 I couldn't argue.. Farely, Bulushi, Murphy, Ferrel... I can't pick a GOAT
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-05-24, 22:04

Nordic wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:Isn't this easily Eddie Murphy?  He's widely credited with saving the show during the Lorne Michaelsless years.  Even hosted while he was still a cast member.  

There are 4 or 5 I couldn't argue.. Farely, Bulushi, Murphy, Ferrel... I can't pick a GOAT

Bill Murray is on the list.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-05-24, 22:18

kingstonlake wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Bill Murray is on the list.

Yep. I'm not gonna argue
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-24, 22:58

Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey or Farly.

The two best skits for me involve Carvy and Funny Man Phili. Keyrock Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer is among the funniest things I've ever seen. And Carvy as Ross Perot with Phil as Admiral Stockdale is classic. Also Carvy as Johnny Carson and Phil as Ed McMahon is flat out hilarious.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-24, 23:06

duffy munn wrote:Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey or Farly.

The two best skits for me involve Carvy and Funny Man Phili. Keyrock Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer is among the funniest things I've ever seen. And Carvy as Ross Perot with Phil as Admiral Stockdale is classic. Also Carvy as Johnny Carson and Phil as Ed McMahon is flat out hilarious.

Cameron gave a strong pitch for Farley, but I think you are right. Carvey was one of quickest wits I've ever seen. I re-watched his Church Lady sketch with Joe Montana, I laughed.

That show was a great show case for the talents of Irish American comedy. Farley, Macdonald, Carvey, O'brien, Murray, Nealon, Farrow...get out of town.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2020-05-24, 23:08; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-24, 23:07

also.... https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-lists/saturday-night-live-all-145-cast-members-ranked-146340/

There's a reason this magazine is in the shitter.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-05-24, 23:30

duffy munn wrote:Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey or Farly.

My fav skit obv

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-05-25, 02:05

If the question is who’s the goat, the only correct answer is Jim Breuer, cuz he was goat boy.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/a-christmas-greeting-from-goat-boy/2845610
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-05-25, 09:42

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-05-25, 12:01

Farley. No contest. RIP. RIP to Phil Hartman too.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-05-25, 15:02

I’m old.  Remember watching the first SNL (then it was called Saturday Night).  George Carlin was the host.  The GOAT(s) depend on the era of the show.

John Belushi was a force of nature in the first cast.  Phil Hartman’s characters were just damned funny as were Chris Farley’s.  Billy Chrystal was  a cast member for just one season which is surprising because his Fernando character.

In the current cast Kenan Thompson is my favorite.  He’s been a cast member since 2003.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-05-25, 15:40

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-05-25, 15:41

Angry

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-25, 15:51

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

That is the GOAT sketch. Nealon’s dead pan is the icing on the cake.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-05-25, 18:08

Female nominees: Jane Curtin, Gilda Rander, Tina Fey,Amy Poehler and Kristin Wig.

Fey wins just for her Sarah Palin
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-05-25, 22:22

Love Fey and the rest of list, was never a Radner fan though.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down