Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biggest Rock and Roll hall of fame snubs

+11
Robert J Sakimano
Heathens '87
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
Cameron
tGreenWay
Motown Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Biggest Rock and Roll hall of fame snubs Empty Biggest Rock and Roll hall of fame snubs

Post by kingstonlake 2020-06-29, 21:23

I know, I know.... Rock and Roll HOF... blah blah..
1.) Bad Company
2.) The Smiths / Morrisey
3.) Iron Maiden

Who ya got?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Biggest Rock and Roll hall of fame snubs Empty Re: Biggest Rock and Roll hall of fame snubs

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-29, 22:00

Spin Doctors
The Captain and Tennille
Savage Garden
Starland Vocal Band
Smash Mouth
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Biggest Rock and Roll hall of fame snubs Empty Re: Biggest Rock and Roll hall of fame snubs

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-06-29, 22:10

I honestly don't know who is in or who isn't. Sorry.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-29, 22:36

Warren Zevon
Devo
Rage Against the Machine
Iron Maiden
Soundgarden
Tina Turner
The Smiths

The RnR Hall of Fame is a JOKE
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-29, 22:49

Toad the Wet Sprocket
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-06-29, 22:49

Chumbawumba
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-29, 23:02

Whichever Osmond was a little bit rock-n-roll.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-06-30, 00:47

Huey Lewis and the News
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-30, 01:01

Sugar Ray for sure. Huge snub.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-06-30, 01:04

Is Tupac in? If not, definitely Tupac.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 01:59

Everlast
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-06-30, 08:33

tGreenWay wrote:Toad the Wet Sprocket

Let's just extend that to every band on the "So I Married An Axe Murderer" soundtrack.

Toad the Wet Sprocket
Spin Doctors
Ned's Atomic Dustin
B.A.D.
The La's
Soul Asylum
The Boo Radleys
SUN 60

I'm probably forgetting a couple.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-06-30, 09:25

Someone give me a list of bands that aren't in and I'll give you my 2 cents. Thanksabunch!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-30, 09:47

Offspring and Seven Mary Three were both the victims of political BS that kept them out.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-06-30, 11:04

The concept of a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame runs contrary to the meaning of artistic performance and the spirit of rock music. The politics of the process and the hall as currently structured are problematic. I've never been, never will and make a point in my life of seeing live music and buying records. Stepping off the soap box....here are five....

1. Kraftwerk - 40 years of music is largely based on their work. More influential than any band, including the Beatles.
2. Joy Division/New Order - punk blends with dance music (bit of credit to Kraftwerk as well) in ground-breaking ways. Hurt by a bias toward classic rock.
3. The Monkees - a freakin' hit factory. The first modern pop stars in the US and broke through with the use of video.
4. The Go-Go's - if they were guys, they'd be in. Criminally under-rated, short but incredible run, done under by the classics of drugs and sleeping with groupies (I should've been a groupie).
5. The Pixies - alternative rock for the past 30 years should pay them royalties.

Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-06-30, 13:29

Soundgarden isn't in? Well that's just ludicrous. Gotta be just a matter of time, no?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-06-30, 13:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Soundgarden isn't in? Well that's just ludicrous. Gotta be just a matter of time, no?
so Soundgarden isn't it but Ludicrous is?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-30, 14:03

Heathens '87 wrote:The concept of a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame runs contrary to the meaning of artistic performance and the spirit of rock music. The politics of the process and the hall as currently structured are problematic. I've never been, never will and make a point in my life of seeing live music and buying records. Stepping off the soap box....here are five....

1. Kraftwerk - 40 years of music is largely based on their work. More influential than any band, including the Beatles.
2. Joy Division/New Order - punk blends with dance music (bit of credit to Kraftwerk as well) in ground-breaking ways. Hurt by a bias toward classic rock.
3. The Monkees - a freakin' hit factory. The first modern pop stars in the US and broke through with the use of video.
4. The Go-Go's - if they were guys, they'd be in. Criminally under-rated, short but incredible run, done under by the classics of drugs and sleeping with groupies (I should've been a groupie).
5. The Pixies - alternative rock for the past 30 years should pay them royalties.

Good post and all, but you forgot MXPX and My Chemical Romance.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-06-30, 14:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Soundgarden isn't in? Well that's just ludicrous. Gotta be just a matter of time, no?
so Soundgarden isn't it but Ludicrous is?

Move bitch get out the way!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2020-06-30, 14:41

Rock-n-roll is hard to pin down or define for sure. But some of the complaints about who's in or not are, to me, like arguing about whether or not Dave Winfield should be enshrined in Canton, OH.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 14:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Toad the Wet Sprocket

Let's just extend that to every band on the "So I Married An Axe Murderer" soundtrack.

Toad the Wet Sprocket
Spin Doctors
Ned's Atomic Dustin
B.A.D.
The La's
Soul Asylum
The Boo Radleys
SUN 60

Didn’t see the movie, but your nomination is valid. All are HoF worthy. It would be criminal to keep them out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 14:45

Heathens '87 wrote:The concept of a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame runs contrary to the meaning of artistic performance and the spirit of rock music. The politics of the process and the hall as currently structured are problematic. I've never been, never will and make a point in my life of seeing live music and buying records. Stepping off the soap box....here are five....

And Coolio.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-06-30, 14:48

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Toad the Wet Sprocket
Spin Doctors
Ned's Atomic Dustin
B.A.D.
The La's
Soul Asylum
The Boo Radleys
SUN 60

Didn’t see the movie, but your nomination is valid. All are HoF worthy. It would be criminal to keep them out.

You need to see the movie. Mike Myers was an Oscar snub.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 15:04

Setting aside those who are in and those who aren’t, I enjoyed wandering around and looking at some wonderfully weird shit. Jim Morrison’s Cub Scout uniform, and a note he’d written as a kid repeating the phrase I love my mother, I love my mother in crayon. Or Janis Joplin’s psychedelic Porsche (not there anymore). Or the original pages of lyrics written by Simon & Garfunkel or Bruce Springsteen of songs that came to be listened to and loved by millions of people, and when you’re looking at the pages it dawns on you that it all started right fucking there on those pages.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-06-30, 15:04

Turtleneck wrote:Good post and all, but you forgot MXPX and My Chemical Romance.

I had to look them both up but I've heard the name My Chemical Romance. Kind of proud now that I've done so. Much lesser versions of The Killers and Against Me! Angsty teens tend to have poor taste in music.....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 15:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You need to see the movie. Mike Myers was an Oscar snub.

I’ll look for it to stream.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 15:07

Heathens '87 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Good post and all, but you forgot MXPX and My Chemical Romance.

I had to look them both up but I've heard the name My Chemical Romance. Kind of proud now that I've done so. Much lesser versions of The Killers and Against Me! Angsty teens tend to have poor taste in music......

You’re the first person I’ve ever seen reference Against Me! I don’t know much about them but I’ve listened to some of their work for years and never left disappointed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 2020-06-30, 17:14

tGreenWay wrote:You’re the first person I’ve ever seen reference Against Me! I don’t know much about them but I’ve listened to some of their work for years and never left disappointed.

Agreed. Just a solid band over the years and Laura Jane's transition is about as punk as it gets. Transgender Dysphoria Blues is perhaps the best punk album of the last decade. She gets crap for signing to a label, but maturation isn't a bad thing in music. Check out Titus Andronicus out of New Jersey as well. It's punk written by an English major.....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 17:33

Heathens '87 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:You’re the first person I’ve ever seen reference Against Me! I don’t know much about them but I’ve listened to some of their work for years and never left disappointed.

Agreed. Just a solid band over the years and Laura Jane's transition is about as punk as it gets. Transgender Dysphoria Blues is perhaps the best punk album of the last decade. She gets crap for signing to a label, but maturation isn't a bad thing in music. Check out Titus Andronicus out of New Jersey as well. It's punk written by an English major......

Thanks for the tip Biggest Rock and Roll hall of fame snubs 55953254
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-06-30, 17:56

You should post more often.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-30, 18:03

Heathens '87 wrote:

I had to look them both up but I've heard the name My Chemical Romance. Kind of proud now that I've done so. Much lesser versions of The Killers and Against Me! Angsty teens tend to have poor taste in music......

Well, you also forgot Sum 41 and Slaughter. Both bands should be in. Changed music forever. Totally revolutionary stuff, bro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 18:51

Air Supply for suresies.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-06-30, 19:00

tGreenWay wrote:Air Supply for suresies.

You should be all out of posts in this thread.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 19:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Air Supply for suresies.

I can write posts out of nothing at all.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-06-30, 20:16

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

You can’t hide your love for Air Supply, can you?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-06-30, 21:45

Elliott Smith
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-30, 22:57

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You can’t hide your love for Air Supply, can you?

Although I don’t recognize that reference, even your posts are better.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-07-01, 09:11

What is the status of LFO and LEN?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-07-01, 09:25

GWAR...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-07-01, 10:12

[tw]1275490701984194560?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next