Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancel Culture

3 posters

Go down

Cancel Culture Empty Cancel Culture

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-17, 08:13

I think the people whining the most about cancel culture are white people upset about statues of bigots getting toppled and want to be racist/sexist/transphobic without impunity.

I also think when some deplorable has a melt down at the Publix or Walmart and gets filmed with an iphone calling people the N word I think all the cancel culture whiners are saddened when that person gets identified and fired from their job. I think about 10 - 15% of the people in this country are awful people and when they see someone lose their job after an outburst like that it upsets them.

My take is if you don't want to get canceled don't do stupid racist shit.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Cancel Culture Empty Re: Cancel Culture

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-17, 08:24

there's always been 'cancel culture' - it's just always been exerted against minorities and women.

now that minorities and women have managed to garner a certain amount of power and are confident in their ability to utilize their collective voice, the patriarchal white male society does what they do best.. whine. Hence them whining about being held accountable for the first time in their life.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-17, 08:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:there's always been 'cancel culture' - it's just always been exerted against minorities and women.

now that minorities and women have managed to garner a certain amount of power and are confident in their ability to utilize their collective voice, the patriarchal white male society does what they do best.. whine. Hence them whining about being held accountable for the first time in their life.

I don’t have a single person I know in my circle that has been cancelled. I don’t go to sleep worrying about it. The conservative these days is more robust, vibrant and diverse. I think that bothers some people that don’t like pushback against their ideas.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-17, 10:59

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:there's always been 'cancel culture' - it's just always been exerted against minorities and women.

I don’t have a single person I know in my circle that has been cancelled. I don’t go to sleep worrying about it. The conservative these days is more robust, vibrant and diverse. I think that bothers some people that don’t like pushback against their ideas.
it's one of those things created by whiny white people (mostly men or women who are insecure and need male validation, so they always side with the whiny males).

you didn't hear anything about "cancel culture" when black people were being hit with firehoses and attack dogs in the 60's, did ya??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-17, 12:30

Bump that number of complete toolbags up to 30% and I’m with ya Steve.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-17, 12:35

Rocinante wrote:Bump that number of complete toolbags up to 30% and I’m with ya Steve.

I got my numbers from Joe Biden's estimate. I wanted to put 30% but I figured I figured he's traveling more than me and probably has a good feel on what that number is. He was probably being generous with his estimate and it probably is around 30%.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-17, 15:46

Well put response to Andrew Sullivan who quit NY Mag today and is another celebrity jerk off whining about cancel culture.

https://twitter.com/charlesmblow/status/1284178275095502849?s=21

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-17, 16:38

I’m tired of being silenced so I will quit my high profile job writing inane opinions in the most read newspaper on the planet.

Bold strategy, Cotton.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down