Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Know if You're an Asshole...

+14
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
Cameron
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
MiamiSpartan
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
steveschneider
AvgMSUJoe
Heat Miser
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to Know if You're an Asshole... Empty How to Know if You're an Asshole...

Post by Heat Miser 2020-08-27, 10:01

How to Know if You're an Asshole
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

How to Know if You're an Asshole... Empty Re: How to Know if You're an Asshole...

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-08-27, 10:16

Do you shit on someone's internets message board thread for the sake of shitting?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

How to Know if You're an Asshole... Empty Re: How to Know if You're an Asshole...

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-27, 10:23

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Do you shit on someone's internets message board thread for the sake of shitting?

Hmm, reminds me of someone that shits on every post I make.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-27, 10:38

9-out-of-10 I'll push the cart back to the cage or front of the store. But there are times I say fuck and prop it up on a curb. How to Know if You're an Asshole... 2599972566
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-08-27, 10:42

Nordic wrote:9-out-of-10 I'll push the cart back to the cage or front of the store. But there are times I say fuck and prop it up on a curb. How to Know if You're an Asshole... 2599972566

c'mon, man..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-08-27, 10:44

"Do you refuse to comply with simple instructions from police officers?"
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-27, 10:57

People get paid to collect the carts. I once did myself 30+ years ago. In fact, it beat the hell out of bagging groceries and other bullshit that they'd make me do just to keep busy.

Leave your cart, keep people employed.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-08-27, 10:59

The Pantry wrote:"Do you refuse to comply with simple instructions from police officers?"

So simple instructions like "show me your tits" are ok then???
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-08-27, 11:01

Heat Miser wrote:How to Know if You're an Asshole

There's got to be some other way I can be an asshole.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-08-27, 11:01

MiamiSpartan wrote:People get paid to collect the carts. I once did myself 30+ years ago. In fact, it beat the hell out of bagging groceries and other bullshit that they'd make me do just to keep busy.

Then why do "cart corrals" exist in the middle of parking lots???
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-08-27, 11:02

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:How to Know if You're an Asshole

This is not meant to be a complete list. There are an infinite number of ways one can be an asshole.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-08-27, 11:08

Heat Miser wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

This is not meant to be a complete list. There are an infinite number of ways one can be an asshole.

ah, good to know, I'd hate to think that my wife was wrong all these years in referring to me.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-08-27, 11:15

Heat Miser wrote:
The Pantry wrote:"Do you refuse to comply with simple instructions from police officers?"

So simple instructions like "show me your tits" are ok then???

For some people on this board, the answer is yes because they find women to be of lesser value.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-27, 11:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Nordic wrote:9-out-of-10 I'll push the cart back to the cage or front of the store. But there are times I say fuck and prop it up on a curb. How to Know if You're an Asshole... 2599972566

c'mon, man..

I don't let it roll, I'm not a savage
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-27, 11:34

I always put my cart back, yet I know for sure that I'm an asshole. I think the real "how to know you're an asshole" is just "you are."
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-08-27, 11:36

I don't roll on Shabbos.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-08-27, 11:36

Cameron wrote:I always put my cart back, yet I know for sure that I'm an asshole. I think the real "how to know you're an asshole" is just "you are."

You're an exception. Lots of assholes are walking around out there completely oblivious to the fact that they're assholes. Also, stupid people generally don't know they're stupid.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-27, 11:47

Heat Miser wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:People get paid to collect the carts. I once did myself 30+ years ago. In fact, it beat the hell out of bagging groceries and other bullshit that they'd make me do just to keep busy.

Then why do "cart corrals" exist in the middle of parking lots???

They don't at the Publixes that I go to (I know some Publixes do have them though). I put them in the cart corrals when they have them, like Costco and Walmart. That still keeps the cart-getters employed.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-27, 11:52

Cameron wrote:I always put my cart back, yet I know for sure that I'm an asshole. I think the real "how to know you're an asshole" is just "you are."

This. But I wouldn't call myself an asshole. I open doors (dudes or ladies), put my cart back, generally give people the right of way, etc. But I would consider myself a dick. I think there is a difference.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-27, 12:20

Nordic wrote:

This. But I wouldn't call myself an asshole. I open doors (dudes or ladies), put my cart back, generally give people the right of way, etc. But I would consider myself a dick. I think there is a difference.

I'm polite to strangers, and I hold doors. My mother raised me right. But maybe one man's dick is another man's asshole... That didn't come out right, but I think you guys know what I mean.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-08-27, 12:27

Meijer has the cart returns that have “small cart” and “big cart” rows and the people who put it back in the wrong row are worse than the people who don’t put it back at all.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-08-27, 12:27

Cameron wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I'm polite to strangers, and I hold doors. My mother raised me right. But maybe one man's dick is another man's asshole... That didn't come out right, but I think you guys know what I mean.

Docking. Got it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-27, 13:18

I don’t hold doors for anyone these days. A sketchy dude walked up to me in the store yesterday and asked if he could ask a favor of me. I said no. fuck everyone but my family right now.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-08-27, 13:24

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Meijer has the cart returns that have “small cart” and “big cart” rows and the people who put it back in the wrong row are worse than the people who don’t put it back at all.

I imagine the cart guy just loves having to pull all the carts apart to get to the small carts randomly stuck in there.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-08-27, 13:46

Cameron wrote:
Nordic wrote:

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-08-27, 14:01

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Matt Damon!

A little behind the scenes explanation regarding the Matt Damon deal in that movie. Apparently the puppet's face ended up looking really off once completed so they changed all his lines to be... mentally challenged.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-27, 14:55

Cameron wrote:
Nordic wrote:

IMO an asshole is someone who has no regard for others. They go about their day with zero shits given on how their actions will effect the person or guy next to them. Assholes are easy to spot on the road. I'm overly courteous to people, especially strangers. To the point where it will piss my wife calls me out for putting others before her, and she has a point.

A dick is someone that can be abrasive or may say shit out of turn. Maybe be a bit of a hot head. Might even swear too much. I definitely check those boxes. I'm also very direct and been told I can be a little intimidating. Hence, I'm a dick.

Last edited by Nordic on 2020-08-27, 15:00; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-27, 14:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Meijer has the cart returns that have “small cart” and “big cart” rows and the people who put it back in the wrong row are worse than the people who don’t put it back at all.

Well that if just fucking stupid. And the person that designed that system is a dumbass.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-08-27, 14:57

Heat Miser wrote:
You're an exception. Lots of assholes are walking around out there completely oblivious to the fact that they're assholes. Also, stupid people generally don't know they're stupid.
Both are called Republicans.

(I'm probably an asshole for going political)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-27, 14:59

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Cameron wrote:

lol! pretty much sums it up
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-27, 15:01

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Both are called Republicans.

(I'm probably an asshole for going political)

No, that's being a dick.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-08-27, 15:16

Nordic wrote:

Well that if just fucking stupid. And the person that designed that system is a dumbass.

I guess it’s better than having no small cart large cart label at all where it’s always just a mess of different sized carts. Labeling them gives some small chance of people following the sign
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-27, 15:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I guess it’s better than having no small cart large cart label at all where it’s always just a mess of different sized carts. Labeling them gives some small chance of people following the sign

It is up to the cart return designer guy to come up with a system that will work given the known habits of the user.  This is the equivalent of University presidents bitching that college students are going to bars and fucking up their back-to-school plans. Neither was apparently designed with the intended user in mind.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-08-27, 16:51

I always think about that for handicapped people - there's no where for them to drop off carts/scooters
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-27, 18:10

CORNER BLITZ wrote:I always think about that for handicapped people - there's no where for them to drop off carts/scooters

That's what the extra space is for. To put your cart.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-27, 18:35

Some in-depth shopping cart discussion up in here. This is the content I come to swill for!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-08-27, 20:38

Nordic wrote:

It is up to the cart return designer guy to come up with a system that will work given the known habits of the user.  This is the equivalent of University presidents bitching that college students are going to bars and fucking up their back-to-school plans. Neither was apparently designed with the intended user in mind.

What do you want them to do? Make a slot that’s only big enough for the small carts and not the large carts?

On second thought I guess that’s doable
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-08-27, 20:41

Nordic wrote:

What do you want them to do? Make a slot that’s only big enough for the small carts and not the large carts?

On second thought I guess that’s doable

I'm not cart rack designer Travis.

That sounds like a good idea to me.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-08-27, 20:46

Aldi and their 25 cent deposit seems to work well
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-08-27, 21:13

I go to Kroger. Always use a check out person. When I’m done I always stop at those do it yourself lottery machines. I put a dollar in and press 518 straight evening. When I go to my car and unpack, I always walk my cart back because I say to myself if I don’t god/karma/juju will not let me win. I never win, well I did once, but I’ve probably paid those winnings back. But anyway, I do that fairly consistently
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next